OT-Texas firing AD Patterson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT-Texas firing AD Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Needless to say, this is as big of a hiring for schools like WVU, Iowa St, Kansas St, Okielite, Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU, etc as it is for Texas. For their own survivals, they better hope that Texas hires a guy who is pro-expansion.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...ghorns-fire-athletic-director-steve-patterson
This is the latest from ESPN.com...mcMurphy has following names as candidates from a "inside source" B-12 Commissioner Tom Bowlsby, Mack Brown, Oliver Luck, and Tom Jurich
Mack Brown would likely be a disaster. It's become a job for professionals, especially at the highest level. Not a place to put an old football coach out to pasture. I hope they get Jurich, then UL can hire back Hermann.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
TRest said:
Mack Brown would likely be a disaster. It's become a job for professionals, especially at the highest level. Not a place to put an old football coach out to pasture. I hope they get Jurich, then UL can hire back Hermann.

I wouldn't be too sure. Above all it is a job of relationships. You can hire marketing and business geeks. The job of the Texas AD is to keep the natives happy. See Michigan, Note Dame, USC, etc.

As the last title winning coach, or even regularly winning coach, my guess is that Mack Brown nostalgia is pretty strong in Austin. Strong will get a couple years at least. This is about the next coach if he doesn't turn it around. Texas wants it's good ole boys.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
The fact that Bowlsby was even briefly mentioned as a candidate (he quickly withdrew his name) tells you what a joke the B12 conference is.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be too sure. Above all it is a job of relationships. You can hire marketing and business geeks. The job of the Texas AD is to keep the natives happy. See Michigan, Note Dame, USC, etc.

Texas wants it's good ole boys.

Agree, but you don't have to look any further than Storrs, CT with HCBD and his staff, to see it's not just Texas good ole boys in CFB today ;).

Reaction Score
The fact that Bowlsby was even briefly mentioned as a candidate (he quickly withdrew his name) tells you what a joke the B12 conference is.

Agree with this. I am pretty happy that we left. I miss it from a basketball perspective but I will sacrifice that for everything else the SEC provides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom