OT: Temple's quest for an on-campus stadium is moving forward | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Temple's quest for an on-campus stadium is moving forward

Reaction Score
Quintessential Philly politics...

From last week-ish:

Protesters shut down Temple football stadium town hall

For those who haven’t followed Philadelphia history. This is exactly why the football, baseball and basketball/hockey stadiums are clustered in South Philadelphia. When they built a new baseball stadium to replace Connie Mack stadium(which was not far from Temple), there was so much opposition to something in center city that they chose the old run down warehouse district near the then JFK stadium. What they did do ( hint to those who can’t give up on a stadium in Storrs) they extended the subway to the stadium complex ( no, not a busway). That helps traffic which I’m not sure they have really addressed in the Temple proposal.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Well that is an interesting article, that's some serious NIMBY presence.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Can't say it enough. I really really hope this happens for them.

Reaction Score
Loads of people are anti-gentrification. Because they know they'll be priced out of nice settings. After that presentation, not much can be argued against the project except we don't want our rents to go up.

Reaction Score
If anyone has ever been to SEC games, or really many big time on campus stadiums around the country, it really is amazing how many are not just dumped in the middle of unending parking lots.

Instead, many are squeezed into the middle of campus, similar to the way ballparks like Fenway are squeezed into city blocks.

I thinks it's pretty cool.

People here don't really understand that.

This isn't the NFL.
I lived in Gainesville Florida from 1992 to 1997. Ben Hill Griffin Stadium and the surrounding campus has little parking. People would park on the grass on people's lawns @ $5 to $10 a car. We would park 10 - 12 cars and use the proceeds for beer money. We were about 10 streets from the Stadium.
As the other poster said, large stadiums surrounded by miles of concrete is an NFL thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom