OT- Temple Owls @ Quinnipiac today | The Boneyard

OT- Temple Owls @ Quinnipiac today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Temple beat Drexel yesterday in the WNIT and plays Quinnipiac at QU tomorrow @ 2:00 pm. Was at Gampel today for both games and then went to my grandson's BB championship game in Wallingford - which his team won! Followed that with dinner at Wood n Tap, and imagine my surprise when I looked up and recognized Wilnett Crockett and the Temple team! Wil was very gracious and so nice! I hope that they go all the way in the WNIT.
image.jpg

Reaction Score
Isn't Temple basically across the street from Drexel? Philly peeps - Is there any 'special' rivalry there?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Isn't Temple basically across the street from Drexel? Philly peeps - Is there any 'special' rivalry there?
Not directly across the street and not much of a rivalry on the Women's side. There are really no WCBB rivalries in the city at all. On the Men's side there are still some left over rivalries from when the Big 5 used to be a big thing. Temple Vs. Nova (Men) is about as big as things get these days. That one lives because it's really City vs. Burbs.

Reaction Score
I still remember Wilnett's huge rebound in the closing seconds of that national semifinal
against Texas. Clutch!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I still remember Wilnett's huge rebound in the closing seconds of that national semifinal
against Texas. Clutch!
"Take-Charge Crockett"... another California native
OSouthBranch's favorite (where is my buddy at anyway)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Temple beat Drexel yesterday in the WNIT and plays Quinnipiac at QU tomorrow @ 2:00 pm. Was at Gampel today for both games and then went to my grandson's BB championship game in Wallingford - which his team won! Followed that with dinner at Wood n Tap, and imagine my surprise when I looked up and recognized Wilnett Crockett and the Temple team! Wil was very gracious and so nice! I hope that they go all the way in the WNIT. View attachment 12689

Interesting. That's a rematch from November, also played at Quinnipiac, which QU won by 2.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Maybe I'll take a ride to the Q and see the game. Go Tonya, Will, and Temple!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Sweet, soft-spoken Tonya is a crazy woman on the sidelines lol. She's working the refs over pretty well. Temple up 10-7.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 38

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Game has been back and forth with numerous lead changes. Temple currently up 27-24. The Owls got the benefit of a bad foul call and the Q kids lost their composure. The crowd, and the game, is getting ugly.

Temple now up 31-24. Q needs to pull it together.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I guess the good refs are doing the NCAAs. Horrible calls and non-calls, too many to be just an occasional human error, has both fan bases, and Temple is well represented, in an ugly mood. Adults who should be ashamed of themselves are yelling things at the kids. This is on the refs.

Temple up 54-50 with 5:09 left in the game.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Temple won 64-62. I'm glad no one got hurt as both teams were visibly frustrated with the calls and there were occasional outbursts of retaliation for uncalled fouls. Never should have gotten to that point, IMO.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Were you there? I looked for you but didn't see you.
nah... I also thought about going to the Mohegan for some HS championship games BUT after working all night I went home and slept the day away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom