OT: telemarketing robo calls | The Boneyard

OT: telemarketing robo calls

Reaction Score
In the last few week I am getting 10-12 per day on my cell and it is driving me nuts. Anybody else getting more of these calls?
I block the number after I get the call but doesn't seem to help. Profanity and DNC registration doesn't work either. Anybody have any recommendations?

Reaction Score
Mr. Number works well on both iOS and Android, I've used it for years. It preemptively blocks a lot of spam numbers (based on their database?) and you can set it to either drop the call immediately or go directly to VM. You can also manage phone numbers on your own as well.

Reaction Score
My Optimum limits me to a certain number of calls I can block. My cell phone has better and more options (although I don't get that many).

In the car this morning I heard a commercial about NomoRobo touting its award and effectiveness. Linky

Anyone heard of this product?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
In the last few week I am getting 10-12 per day on my cell and it is driving me nuts. Anybody else getting more of these calls?
I block the number after I get the call but doesn't seem to help. Profanity and DNC registration doesn't work either. Anybody have any recommendations?

I set up my iPhone to only accept calls from my contacts. All other went to voice mail. This worked for a while. But I am now getting several voice mail messages/day. Better, but it still sucks.

The technology to block calls from spoofed numbers is very simply. But the carriers and politicians don't care.

Reaction Score
The incoming calls are listed as Scam Likely, when the phone rings Scam Likely pops up I don't know who set it up maybe my provider but I'm tired of the calls too. I get at least 5-6 a day.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I get 3 a day from the car warranty idiots and I block every number but they keep coming in on different ones
Ive listed my number with the secretary of state office but I think Malloy tells her to leave mine off because he knows how much I detest him

Kembacity - no reason to blame Trump - on this board its always KO's issue

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Used to be easy to spot these based on area codes. Now they use programs to set up fake numbers with 860 area codes. I still only answer calls from numbers I recognize but it's inconvenient because I'm planning a wedding so I get a lot of calls from vendors too

Last edited:

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
My Optimum limits me to a certain number of calls I can block. My cell phone has better and more options (although I don't get that many).

In the car this morning I heard a commercial about NomoRobo touting its award and effectiveness. Linky

Anyone heard of this product?

Stop robocalls and telemarketers with Nomorobo
This worked well for me on landline cant say about mobile.
I installed nomorobo a little over a month ago on my VOIP landline. It doesn't work with a regular landline. It makes life so much better. It blocks at least 9 out of 10 robo calls and the ones it misses, it doesn't miss a few hours later (ie. new numbers are quickly added to their database).

The only real downside is the phone does have to ring once but there is some experience of joy when you hear it ring once and stop and know you just wasted some robo callers 15 seconds.

I noticed right after we installed it that the calls went down dramatically as if they robo callers know when they are getting blocked and remove your number to save time/money. But then they went back up again - I wonder if all the blocked numbers sold my number to others. They do seem to have dropped back down to one or two a day from a peak around 10 or 12 or more on the weekends.

It's free (for landline). They make their money from collecting robo numbers and selling them to boutique blocking services. It takes 5 minutes to setup and it certainly works. I haven't tried it on my cell phones as I don't get more than a couple a week.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I set up my iPhone to only accept calls from my contacts. All other went to voice mail. This worked for a while. But I am now getting several voice mail messages/day. Better, but it still sucks.

The technology to block calls from spoofed numbers is very simply. But the carriers and politicians don't care.

Did you just use the DND setting and keep it on 24/7? I already have DND for nighttime, as a few friends wanted to send texts late at night or early in am, which was inconvenient.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Did you just use the DND setting and keep it on 24/7? I already have DND for nighttime, as a few friends wanted to send texts late at night or early in am, which was inconvenient.

Settings>DND>Allow Calls From All Contacts

All others go straight to voice mail, and only rarely do the telemarketers leave a message. They'd have to leave a phone number for a return call, and very few do.

I do set Repeated Calls on, so if someone not in my contacts calls twice in three minutes, it goes through.

I was getting a couple dozen calls/week. Now I only have to deal with the three of four a month who leave a message.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom