Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthTampaBill

20" Neck
Reaction Score
So the idea is:
Tebow is awesome.... when:
the defense holds the other team to 10 points
Tebow doesn't have to throw (part of being a QB)
the other team fumbles
the other team forgets to run out of bounds
the other team starts the backup...
Other than that a great one

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Tebow is only 6'3", 235.

He sucks.

Reaction Score
Don't forget when their kicker is drilling 55 yard field goals at the end of regulation and in OT.

Reaction Score
eh, chalk up another 6 drops to the wrs today and key penalties. Pretty hard to go score for score with teams when he has no targets to throw to. One Int was pretty bad , him running around in the back field trying to get a WR open. Defense has been awful. I haven't heard from Von Miller in a long time. Broncos were suppose to run all over the Bills but that wasn't happening. Not a Broncos fan at all but it's hard not root for someone when everyone hates on him. He's already shown improvement, Bears,Vikings and Patriots. He needs a full offseason under Elway and some new targets and he'll be solid.

Reaction Score
As someone who doesn't really care one way or the other about Tebow, it's just been funny to watch the hyperbole go from one extreme (he's a fullback playing quarterback) to the other (he's a winner, can lead the Broncos to the Super Bowl)

Reaction Score
Not a Broncos fan at all but it's hard not root for someone when everyone hates on him.

Everyone hates him?? Are you even paying attention at all?

Reaction Score
Well atleast the people i'm around hate on him... the media, not many people talk to kind of him. Only people in the media I hear talk with some upside is Skip Bayless, Trent Dilfer and Coach.

Reaction Score
I respect TT for his effort and resolve, but he can't play this position at this level. They have to rebuild his whole delivery again and not sure they even do that.

Don't think he can play long term, he isn't fast enough to play either FB or TE.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Tough to stay focused when you're gearing up for your 2011th birthday.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Can't trust a guy who is too scared to get laid at his age.

Reaction Score
eh, chalk up another 6 drops to the wrs today and key penalties. Pretty hard to go score for score with teams when he has no targets to throw to. One Int was pretty bad , him running around in the back field trying to get a WR open. Defense has been awful. I haven't heard from Von Miller in a long time. Broncos were suppose to run all over the Bills but that wasn't happening. Not a Broncos fan at all but it's hard not root for someone when everyone hates on him. He's already shown improvement, Bears,Vikings and Patriots. He needs a full offseason under Elway and some new targets and he'll be solid.
I'm amazed at people making excuses for this guy. Admittedly he's a tough kid and athletic. He sucks at his position and through some mystical touch of fate, his team has managed to win some games that HE gets all the credit in the world for. He plays 3 quarters like the worst quarterback, not in the history of the NFL, but the history of FOOTBALL and somehow his team comes back and scores 10 points late in the game and he's the new Messiah. The broken coverages, defenders falling down, etc. are overlooked and even the play of his teammates (his field goal kicker) and he's the annointed one. I think football purists like to see the position played in a certain fashion and skill displayed, not some divine intervention. To me, it's shade of hype that are sooooooooooo to the extreme for a mediocre NFL player.

Reaction Score
I don't see why he can't get credit for some wins..You still have to make the reads and passes. Eli gets glorified for the cowboys win..when everyone was open and such. Not comparing each other but saying that you still have to make the play. I don't think Tebow should get all credit but clearly , he is a good motivator. He played well against Vikings, Bears and Pats..A lot of the times through the first 3 quarters, the plays are very bland. I.E against the bills in the first half. He only got to throw the ball 4 times. Pretty hard to move the chains when wrs are dropping balls. in the Bears games..they dropped 4 first down balls. But by no means is he a new messiah. Theres plenty of room for improvement in his game but I think they can build a team around him. If Alex Smith can play in the nfl still, so could Tebow.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score

Your off your rocker....Tebow Sucks, he should never be a QB in the NFL Period!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I'll always remember last week...same drive...he runs for a 30-yarder. Then follows it up getting sacked for -29 yards.

Reaction Score
Everyone hates him?? Are you even paying attention at all?
He's the most popular QB in the NFL. Vick is the most hated, but the most popular amongst African Americans.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
It's clear that if God loves any QB in the NFL, it's Tom Brady. Seriously, who's lived a more charmed existence than that guy?

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
If Denver wins Sunday they are in the playoffs. Tebow mania will be on full display going into the playoffs and might match Tim Tebow with the anti-Tebow: Ben Roethlisberger. If Tebow wins, he'll pray. If Roethlisberger wins. he'll sacrifice a virgin or two.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Tebow's ostentatious praying is offensive to anyone who's seriously and humbly religious. God, if S/He exists, doesn't give a rat's fat ass about your football career, chump.

Reaction Score
Thanks for that. As you said so ably, why would a higher being give two s**ts about an athletic event. In reference to the Tebow praiser above, maybe the reason that Tebows receivers drop so many balls is that he throws a crappy ball to catch, meaning even those very few times that he is on target, his ball is the type that is less manageble to hold onto. So though there is the illusion that he threw a nice pass that was dropped, maybe it's the fact that his dying whales are difficult for even an accomplished receiver to catch. If you notice, Brady has never had a flock of stellar receivers but he throws a very catchable ball that's typically easy for even an ordinary or mediocre receiver to hold onto.

Reaction Score
I can tell you and anyone that will listen that there aren't too many people on the planet that have more contempt for Ben Rothlesinger and the Steelers than I do. That guy should be in prison by any standards known to man but for the fact that he has money and good lawyers and plays in the NFL. However, I can also tell you that if there was an important game between the Steelers and the Broncos, meaning Tebow against Rothlesinger (or whatever his last name is) I would have to root for the Steelers and that scumbag because I'm still a purist and as bad a man as he is, he's still so much better a quarterback than Tebow will ever be. Tebow has no business taking snaps in NFL games. If he were to be on a roster, it should be as a tightend (assuming he can run routes and catch passes) or as a linebacker or as a blocking back. No where else. He insults the game every time he takes a snap or gets a spot of ESPN or any other sports show. The only TV time he should have is on the 700 club.

Reaction Score
What? Being a purist means rooting for whatever player or team is better?

Reaction Score
What? Being a purist means rooting for whatever player or team is better?
To me it's more about how the media will credit Tebow as 99% of the reason the Broncos win even though he's the worst quarterback in the sport's history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom