OT: Tatum or Brown or Mitchell | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Tatum or Brown or Mitchell

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This thread is getting a little whacky. You say Tatum will be better than Mitchell and then you compare Tatum to Gordon Hayward. Mitchell and Tatum are both already better than Hayward.
Mitchell is debatable, but I’d love to hear what areas besides maybe spot up shooting Tatum beats Hayward at.

Reaction Score
Don't ever compare Tatum to Carmelo Anthony.

"...there's more to the game than shooting. There's fundamentals and defense." - Coach Norman Dale - Hoosiers

Tatum know his way around the defensive end of the floor. Anthony couldn't find a consistent defensive technique with two hands and a flashlight.

And a map and a GPS.

Reaction Score
I'm just happy the Celtics have 2 of the 3. Hope all 3 become stars, but I think Tatum has the greatest potential. Mitchell probably the most likely to make it big-time first.

Reaction Score
I stand by my Tatum-KD scoring potential statement. He’s not there yet obviously but give him time. With Kyrie/Rozier at PG, Tatum will be averaging 25-28 ppg within a couple years.

Tatum is missing KD’s unique length but his shot is just as smooth and he can get it off at will. Also, a couple of y’all are underrating his athleticism too. He’s not Jaylen Brown/DSJr freak level but he can still get up. His frame can also easily take on another 15-20 lbs of muscle.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I stand by my Tatum-KD scoring potential statement. He’s not there yet obviously but give him time. With Kyrie/Rozier at PG, Tatum will be averaging 25-28 ppg within a couple years.

Tatum is missing KD’s unique length but his shot is just as smooth and he can get it off at will. Also, a couple of y’all are underrating his athleticism too. He’s not Jaylen Brown/DSJr freak level but he can still get up. His frame can also easily take on another 15-20 lbs of muscle.
KD could drop 40 any night if he wanted too. He could drop 50-70 if he's really feeling it and getting the shots. Tatum is nowhere near that level of gifted. KD just has things you can't teach.

Reaction Score
KD could drop 40 any night if he wanted too. He could drop 50-70 if he's really feeling it and getting the shots. Tatum is nowhere near that level of gifted. KD just has things you can't teach.

Not sure he's saying Tatum will be as good as Durant or if Tatum has a similar scoring style. I would agree with the latter.

Reaction Score

KD can score at will it seems, and handle like a PG...and he often does...which I think gives him even more scoring opportunities.

Reaction Score
TATUM, he's a combination of Paul George and Carmelo Anthony. His handle will separate him from both. When it's said and done he will be better than both.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I swear nobody saying Tatum or Brown has watched Mitchell. He carried the jazz to the second round offensively. Put Tatum on the jazz and they aren’t a playoff team.

Reaction Score

You bring up the height/wingspan difference and dismiss it, but it's KD's freakish height + length that is the difference. KD lists at 6'9" but he's nowhere close to that short. He's a full 6'11 without shoes, above 7'0" with. He's got at least a 7'4" wingspan.

Tatum is 6'8" in shoes, so probably ~6'7" without with around a 6'11" wingspan. It's a full 5 inches different.

Their jumpers are equally wet, but KD can get his shot off at any time at all because of that height, length, wingspan. Tatum needs to use his polish/moves to get open. KD is just literally always open.

Reaction Score
I swear nobody saying Tatum or Brown has watched Mitchell. He carried the jazz to the second round offensively. Put Tatum on the jazz and they aren’t a playoff team.

That's part of the problem...nobody (comparatively, in numbers anyways) watches the Jazz....

Reaction Score
That's why I said Mitchell is already better than Hayward. He did more for the Jazz in 4 or 5 months than Hayward did in 7 seasons.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
TATUM, he's a combination of Paul George and Carmelo Anthony. His handle will separate him from both. When it's said and done he will be better than both.

I was going to go into my player comps a few days ago, and Paul George with a little of Melo is exactly who I thought.

I decided to spare everyone, but I agree wholeheartedly.

There’s not many guys with “KD offensive potential” despite being 6’10 and athletic.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
You bring up the height/wingspan difference and dismiss it, but it's KD's freakish height + length that is the difference. KD lists at 6'9" but he's nowhere close to that short. He's a full 6'11 without shoes, above 7'0" with. He's got at least a 7'4" wingspan.

Tatum is 6'8" in shoes, so probably ~6'7" without with around a 6'11" wingspan. It's a full 5 inches different.

Their jumpers are equally wet, but KD can get his shot off at any time at all because of that height, length, wingspan. Tatum needs to use his polish/moves to get open. KD is just literally always open.

I’d also disagree that their jumpers are equally wet.

It’s just that, his combination of size and offensive insanity that make him fairly difficult to compare.

Reaction Score
I’d also disagree that their jumpers are equally wet.

It’s just that, his combination of size and offensive insanity that make him fairly difficult to compare.

I'm not sure who you think has the wetter of the jumpshots, but Tatum had a higher 3pt% this year than KD has had in any year of his career. But in my head I meant as wet as Durant early in his career.

Tatum was 47.5/43/83 this year.
Durant his age 19 year was 43/27/87, but he improved rapidly the next few years.

Reaction Score
Mitchell right now, Tatum long term he isn't far behind Mitchell right now as it is.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I'm not sure who you think has the wetter of the jumpshots, but Tatum had a higher 3pt% this year than KD has had in any year of his career. But in my head I meant as wet as Durant early in his career.

Tatum was 47.5/43/83 this year.
Durant his age 19 year was 43/27/87, but he improved rapidly the next few years.

Not really directly comparable. But duly noted.

I think Tatum is a stud and will be a total stud, but I don’t think he is or will be as pure a shooter or scorer as Durant.

I didn’t think that’s that controversial either.

Reaction Score
So drunk. Low carbing for an exnded period of time and then drinking a significant portion of Bacardi rum gold ..wow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom