OT Subway cost question | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT Subway cost question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Went to the games down in NY this weekend and rode the subway for the first time in decades. I took it both into Penn station and the back after the game but my credit card got hit with 3 charges of $2.90. I not worried about paying it, just can't understand the third charge. Anybody got a explanation?

Reaction Score
Good luck with that. You may be successful but they are going to wear you down and its going to take quite a while. I refuse to use Stub Hub or any service where I cannot select the seats Im purchasing at the time of purchase. There are way too many stories Im intimately familiar regarding exactly your situation with stubhub. They are letting people sell inventory they dont actually possess at the time of listing. That is real bad business.
You're right. Even though i initiated contact and provided documentation hours b/4 the game, they are now claiming that because the event has passed they will not give a refund but are offering me a coupon worth %25 of the cost. Like I'm ever going to use them again. I'm now in the process of trying to get my credit card to deny the payment, but that's another bureaucratic night mare. Thankfully, I saved all the emails.

Reaction Score
Better Business Bureau. File a complaint if the normal pathways don't work. I've been successful getting situations resolved 3 out of 4 complaints.

The one time I failed was with an airline that screwed me over royally, and from what I've read they don't give a and never offer reasonable compensation.
Thanks for the info. I have to imagine that there are tens, if not hundreds of thousands of complaints against them, but I'll add my name to the list

Reaction Score
Thanks for the info. I have to imagine that there are tens, if not hundreds of thousands of complaints against them, but I'll add my name to the list
Yeah, it can't hurt. Best Buy sold me a laptop without software to run it -- crazy -- and didn't want to fix the problem. They told me to contact the factory in Asia (even more crazy!)

After making the BBB complaint, the store manager called me from her home after hours, with a crying baby in the background, and offered me all sorts of crazy compensation. I told her all I wanted was an operating system, which they loaded the next day. It definitely got someone's attention.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You're right. Even though i initiated contact and provided documentation hours b/4 the game, they are now claiming that because the event has passed they will not give a refund but are offering me a coupon worth %25 of the cost. Like I'm ever going to use them again. I'm now in the process of trying to get my credit card to deny the payment, but that's another bureaucratic night mare. Thankfully, I saved all the emails.

They are actually protecting and supporting that behavior. It's a speculation on brokers parts that they will be able to back fill the tickets they had promised. For high demand events that isnt always the case, in fact it happens a lot. It is a reprehensible bait and switch and I cannot believe there aren't laws enacted against it already. They are making the Buyer pay for the crime it instead of the Seller (which can be Stubhub themselves). It's like someone stabbing you in the leg with a knife, and then you yourself get the assault charge and the guy stabbing you gets to keep your wallet.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
My local Subway charges you for the premium version of your sub unless you catch them doing it and demand a refund.

Reaction Score
Somewhere on the StubHub website is a "Notice of Dispute" process that requires a letter to be sent certified to their "Dispute" group. It took time, diligence and good records but they eventually resolved a problem in my favor 2 years ago. Good luck.

Reaction Score
They are actually protecting and supporting that behavior. It's a speculation on brokers parts that they will be able to back fill the tickets they had promised. For high demand events that isnt always the case, in fact it happens a lot. It is a reprehensible bait and switch and I cannot believe there aren't laws enacted against it already. They are making the Buyer pay for the crime it instead of the Seller (which can be Stubhub themselves). It's like someone stabbing you in the leg with a knife, and then you yourself get the assault charge and the guy stabbing you gets to keep your wallet.

Had basically the exact same thing happen for a Celtics game last month with one of my buddies.

Reaction Score
A ticket on the subway costs the same today as it did in 1992 dollars but we got some boomers in here pining for the “old days” and “simpler times” when NYC was a s__hole
We don't buy "tickets" for our subway rides in NYC. It's either a MetroCard, a card tap or a phone tap. Boomers who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones....

Reaction Score
It’s not, I live here. It’s a city, there are always issues, but it’s not 80’s/90’s NYC my man.
Did you live there in the 80s & 90s? If not, how would you know? In the 80s under Koch the City was decent. It became a hell hole in 4 years under Dinkens ('90-'94), and was resurrected by Gulliani ('94-'01). Bloomberg continued to maintain decency ('02-'13). It declined again under deBlasio ('14-'21), which has continued under Adams ('22 to now). I do not recall people regularly being pushed in front of subways when I lived there from '83 to '92. I visited the City frequently until I stopped going because of the filth I saw there in '17. Yes I live in AZ simply because of the relative cleanliness of the desert among many other reasons.

Reaction Score
Good luck with that. You may be successful but they are going to wear you down and its going to take quite a while. I refuse to use Stub Hub or any service where I cannot select the seats Im purchasing at the time of purchase. There are way too many stories Im intimately familiar regarding exactly your situation with stubhub. They are letting people sell inventory they dont actually possess at the time of listing. That is real bad business.

Since when can you not pick your seats on Stubhub? I could have sworn I have in the past for basketball games.

August_West

Reaction Score
Since when can you not pick your seats on Stubhub? I could have sworn I have in the past for basketball games.
Sometimes you can only pick row. Other times you can pick seats and then receive different seats in same row. Which stubhub will support as a good transaction . Other times like what happened to poster, they will put you not even in same row.

Reaction Score
Oh… and by the way… SUBWAY IS WAY TO OVERPRICED. I originally came here to rag on the cost of my dang sub and I ain’t happy about it. Bring back the $5 foot longs.

Subway's gross dude. At least get a Jersey Mikes where you can be sure they're not storing the ingredients in a toilet.

Reaction Score
Did you live there in the 80s & 90s? If not, how would you know? In the 80s under Koch the City was decent. It became a hell hole in 4 years under Dinkens ('90-'94), and was resurrected by Gulliani ('94-'01). Bloomberg continued to maintain decency ('02-'13). It declined again under deBlasio ('14-'21), which has continued under Adams ('22 to now). I do not recall people regularly being pushed in front of subways when I lived there from '83 to '92. I visited the City frequently until I stopped going because of the filth I saw there in '17. Yes I live in AZ simply because of the relative cleanliness of the desert among many other reasons.
Why don’t you go ahead and check the murder stats from 80’s/90’s and do a simple comparison to…I don’t know…the last 4 years. See where were at and get back to me.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Why don’t you go ahead and check the murder stats from 80’s/90’s and do a simple comparison to…I don’t know…the last 4 years. See where were at and get back to me.

Also I love how people feel at liberty to crap on cities that people live in. I don’t go around telling people I don’t want to live in their boring-@ss towns. Because that would make me a gigantic jerk.

August_West

Reaction Score
Also I love how people feel at liberty to crap on cities that people live in. I don’t go around telling people I don’t want to live in their boring-@ss towns. Because that would make me a gigantic jerk.
There is a huge overlap in the venn diagram of "People who crap on cities" and "people who can't hack it in cities" It's uncanny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom