OT: Stratton | The Boneyard

OT: Stratton

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Anyone have some things to do or see at Stratton VT in the fall? Doesn’t just have to be at the mountain but could be nearby. Thanks.

Reaction Score
I’ll set the template and others can fill out the “such and such”.

Outdoors stuff! Hiking, biking, leaf peeping are all great. Also check out such and such microbrewery and for dinner go to such and such apizza. The owner actually used to work at such and such New Haven pizza place and they have the best pizza northern New England.

Hope that helps!

Reaction Score
Depends what you are into. There are tons of outdoor activities, fly fishing lessons at Orvis, on mountain stuff at Bromley like alpine slides, outlet shopping and plenty of restaurants and bars in Manchester. Also, a few historical things like Hildene, the estate of Robert Todd Lincoln, Abe’s son.

Last edited:

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Tons to do and a nice getaway for a weekend. The part I like best is relaxing in front of a fireplace.

Go and have a great time

Reaction Score
My wife and I just spent the weekend in the Stratton area. At Stratton we took the gondola to the summit and then took a 20 minute easy hike to the fire tower for some ridiculous views. Also did some shopping in the village at the base of the mountain. We did a 5 mile (round trip), rocky but manageable hike in Manchester to Lye Brook falls. Pretty cool falls. JJ Hapgood's General Store and Eatery in Peru for some really good chow. Leaves haven't really stated to change yet though.

Reaction Score
Check out Meuleman's Craft Draugts on Rt 30 just down the road from Stratton entrance. Rotating selection of VT beers. Pricey, but an interesting selection.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom