OT: Stock trading | Page 66 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
What's everyone's general rules when taking profits? This is probably what I struggle with the most (and the tax implications thereof.) For example, I probably should have sold QS after just 12 or 13 days since it was up nearly 100%, but I didn't and now I'm up (only) 78%.
This is where I always struggle as well. I’ve had so many smaller stocks that if I’d just taken profits I’d be up a lot more but then others I took profits on or sold half or 2/3 like FUBO and they ran like crazy afterwards. If it’s a name you believe in I’d advocate selling maybe half the shares after a set profit amount you’re happy with. Let’s say you’re up $1000 and can still roll with the other half for example. Or if you have so much profit in a stock that you can take your investment out and just play with house money, that’s ideal.

Reaction Score
This is where I always struggle as well. I’ve had so many smaller stocks that if I’d just taken profits I’d be up a lot more but then others I took profits on or sold half or 2/3 like FUBO and they ran like crazy afterwards. If it’s a name you believe in I’d advocate selling maybe half the shares after a set profit amount you’re happy with. Let’s say you’re up $1000 and can still roll with the other half for example. Or if you have so much profit in a stock that you can take your investment out and just play with house money, that’s ideal.
Interesting thought and I like it. I tend to be an all or nothing type person and maybe that's a mistake. I can't think of a single time I didn't sell every share when I was ready. I do add to a total regularly, but I've never sold just some of my shares.

Reaction Score
Yes, but that’s still cheap to what it will be
Yeah, hope you got in in the low 50s today. If they get sports gambling built in the opportunity is huge. If it’s just another streaming service, not sure how great the ceiling is here. Let’s hope for the former.

Reaction Score
So new crypto I wanted to mention. GRAPH. Basically its a mid-ware company like LINK. Think of it as the provider of accurate data that you can buy- like google but without the manipulation.
As blockchains develop- data will become more and more important- garbage in garbage out.
They have already partnered with LINK and have a host of big time players behind them.
Not sure how high it will go- but has potential to be a top 10-15 type coin.

Reaction Score
So new crypto I wanted to mention. GRAPH. Basically its a mid-ware company like LINK. Think of it as the provider of accurate data that you can buy- like google but without the manipulation.
As blockchains develop- data will become more and more important- garbage in garbage out.
They have already partnered with LINK and have a host of big time players behind them.
Not sure how high it will go- but has potential to be a top 10-15 type coin.
Is it The Graph (GRT) Scot-e? Hope so, as I just bought some, ha.

Reaction Score
-20% since i bought early this morning. People should do the opposite of what I do lol
Seems like this board loves these speculative stocks that have extremely high run ups and can tank at any second. Maybe we can add in short term/day trade and long term as a caveat to any investment that we talk about lol.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
NNDM is another promising technology for using additive manufacturing not just for one-off prototyping but for medium scale production.
Got shorted like a mofo at close today.

Reaction Score
does that mean its about to go down?
Yes but it could also be a buying opportunity after the short/ sell off a lot of times the big players do this to get the small guys out and buy back in at the lower price

Reaction Score
Anyone see OCGN? They went into low earth orbit in the span of 2 trading days - from about .35 to 2.60 today. I don't know much about them, I believe they have a vax in late stage trial.

Reaction Score
SENS is my big bet for a major explosion over the next 10-12 months. They have a few glucose monitoring products that are far superior than anything out there and this stock is one that could jump to 10-20X where it’s at now. Just loaded up on more late last week.

Reaction Score
Anyone see OCGN? They went into low earth orbit in the span of 2 trading days - from about .35 to 2.60 today. I don't know much about them, I believe they have a vax in late stage trial.
My buddy just told me to get on it. They have a potentially better covid vaccine for mutations and they should be getting a USA order even if it's not needed

Reaction Score
Hope you guys all got in this a few weeks back when I told you about it. Up to $1.10 after hours

Pretty sure I listened to you.
got in @ .36

I’m also new to all this, so like above, not sure if I should take profits right now. Announced the patent today, but have the 6 month and 1 yr wearable device coming out soon. (?)
Have 1000 shares, so I could sell 1/2 and being playing w/ house money with the other 500

or just stay long?

Reaction Score
OCGN has not developed any SARS-2 vaccine. Instead, the 16 employee US company primarily blew up based on signing a prospective US development/distribution agreement with India's globally-respected Bharat Biotech (BICBL.BO). Longggggg long way to actually obtaining US FDA clearance, but time will tell.

In India, Bharat's SARS-2 vaccine COVAXIN's completed Phase I and II trials with India's FDA. Currently, COVAXIN's only now in Phase III trials IN INDIA.

At most, Bharat or its' new US partner, Ocugen, may have initiated discussions with the US FDA. However, neither company's started initial Phase I clinical trials in the States.

Speaking of tiny biotechs with minimal current commercial products, questionable management and capital, it will be interesting in the new year to see whether FDAs in the US, UK, Canada and/or potentially The Philippines clear CYDY's Vyrologix for HIV, breast cancer, and potentially SARS-2 therapeutical treatment (long hauler and/or severe to critical care; now awaiting unblinding of Phase III trial results and potential FDA review/vote?). Vancouver, WA-based, OTC-only traded; Nasdaq if FDA cleared?; partnered with Samsung BioLogics for potential manufacturing. On top of vaccines, we sure could use more effective therapeuticals.

Reaction Score
Baba is already a great buying opportunity it's bigger than Amazon with a larger market share in a larger market. And they don't have their web service or Ant factor into the balance sheet/ price. No way it should be below $300 and will probably be $500 come this time next year
Heads up for at least BABA. After Jack Ma's pre-Ant IPO spitting remarks directed at mainland banks and regulators prompted Winnie the Pooh (Xi Jinping) to intercede and cancel the Ant IPO, a public announcement of further mainland anti-trust investigations body slammed Alibaba's HK shares Thursday (down ~9% at the HK trading tea/lunch break). In sympathy, JD's HK shares are also down ~3%.

Thursday NY time: BABA and potentially JD NY shares and TCEHY may also drop. Ahead of Thursday's early close and Friday's Christmas closure, just a heads up and reminder Winnie does not like when people and CEOs of certain entities spit at his cubs.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure I listened to you.
got in @ .36

I’m also new to all this, so like above, not sure if I should take profits right now. Announced the patent today, but have the 6 month and 1 yr wearable device coming out soon. (?)
Have 1000 shares, so I could sell 1/2 and being playing w/ house money with the other 500

or just stay long?
I’m going to hold mine for now as I think once their FDA approval comes in Q2 of next year it’ll keep going up. I have almost 100,000 shares so today was a VERY good day. I could sell a bit at some point but I honestly think it could keep going up to north of $3-4/share

Reaction Score
I’m going to hold mine for now as I think once their FDA approval comes in Q2 of next year it’ll keep going up. I have almost 100,000 shares so today was a VERY good day. I could sell a bit at some point but I honestly think it could keep going up to north of $3-4/share
Wow, congrats man! If I can get a dollar gain from it I’ll be thrilled, I credit you for your conviction on a penny stock, that’s some giant cojones!

Reaction Score
Heads up for at least BABA. After Jack Ma's pre-Ant IPO spitting remarks directed at mainland banks and regulators prompted Winnie the Pooh (Xi Jinping) to intercede and cancel the Ant IPO, a public announcement of further mainland anti-trust investigations body slammed Alibaba's HK shares Thursday (down ~9% at the HK trading tea/lunch break). In sympathy, JD's HK shares are also down ~3%.

Thursday NY time: BABA and potentially JD NY shares and TCEHY may also drop. Ahead of Thursday's early close and Friday's Christmas closure, just a heads up and reminder Winnie does not like when people and CEOs of certain entities spit at his cubs.
Just better buying opportunity. They want to get Jack Ma in line but they aren’t going to sabotage Baba they will rebound and continue to rise

Reaction Score
Anybody else notice the trend today? Investors are taking profit on all the small cap stocks that have made huge runs like JMIA, FUBO etc and going back to the safety of AAPL, AMZN etc. This is where the real money is made, betting whether those names continue to sell off or doubling down on these pullbacks.

Reaction Score
Just better buying opportunity. They want to get Jack Ma in line but they aren’t going to sabotage Baba they will rebound and continue to rise
Yes, implied opportunity for others looking to initially get in or to average down. Holding more than enough BABA at break even <188, not interested in adding more yet appreciated the resulting opportunity to add some discounted JD pre-mkt and TCEHY.

Winnie’s (Xi) containing BABA’s lending to unworthy borrowers, imposing reasonable lending regs, and breaking BABA’s monopolistic seller rules which effectively require selling companies to only use BABA vs other platforms, e.g., JD, PDD, etc. No negative impact on BABA’s massive cloud opportunity, ongoing revenues from Alipay and other services, and eventually good for their Ant IPO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom