OT: Stock trading | Page 202 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
We started discussing this in another thread so I decided to start a new thread. Would love to know what sectors and stocks people are in, with successes and if you want to share, bad trades or holds. My brief story below:

Traded a lot from 99-01 but volatility of Dot Com Market collapse forced me out with a decent profit. Fast forward19 years, I dove back in at the bottom in March. Had some success trading Comcast the first week, got caught in a bad trade with Citrix. Had an initial wishlist of NFLX, DOCU, Roku and Comcast. Didn’t pull the trigger quickly enough and watched most run away. Roku and Gartner I’ve been in and out of but just can’t seem to win on them. Two big winners have been DocuSign and Five Nine Inc (FIVN). I’m out now except for a small position in DocuSign, as I expect tech stocks to sell off soon and want to be ready to buy on dip.

Stocks Im looking at adding:
MSFT
AMZN
FB
ROKU
TWLO
FIVN
BX (Blackstone)
Tesla
OKTA
PENN
Walmart
CCL (Carnival)
IT (Gartner)
Kayne Anderson, mis stream energy infrastructure fund.

Selling at around $12 per share.

For old farts like me, income producing investments are comforting to own.

KYN pays around 8.25% or so dividend.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Kayne Anderson, mis stream energy infrastructure fund.

Selling at around $12 per share.

For old farts like me, income producing investments are comforting to own.

KYN pays around 8.25% or so dividend.

I use ET for that function.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I use ET for that function.
I simplified my investments a bit. So Turbo Tax can easily handle everything.

Some years back I held both ET and Kinder Morgan.

But those partnerships spat out K1 forms at tax time. Always had to file an extension. Taxes were a bit of a PITA.

Kayne Anderson returns nearly what the mid-stream partnerships did. But the K1 income is rinsed through the Fund, and it spits out ordinary dividend income, not partnership distribution.

(I believe that both ET and Kinder Morgan are among the Funds top holdings. Recently I extended a bit, bought SEAL-PA. "Mid-stream, as they are LNG carriers. Selling around $25.50, and pays around 8.8%.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom