OT: Sports Fairy Tale Endings | The Boneyard

OT: Sports Fairy Tale Endings

Reaction Score
Well all 'great' athletes can't have fairy tale endings. Which made me think which athlete can you remember had the best sports ending event?

Without much thought and most recent I have to say Peyton Manning, since he went out on his last game winning the biggest trophy.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Greatest ever fairy tale ending was the Boise St. Fiesta Bowl win over Oklahoma in 2007. After giving up a pick-6 with a minute left to go down a touchdown, Boise St. scores to tie it on a 4th and 18 with 14 seconds left from the 50 yard line on a hook and ladder play. Then they win it in overtime on a two point conversion on a statue of liberty play, followed by the quarterback proposing in the endzone to his cheerleader girlfriend.

It doesn't get any more Disney than that.

Reaction Score
Greatest ever fairy tale ending was the Boise St. Fiesta Bowl win over Oklahoma in 2007. After giving up a pick-6 with a minute left to go down a touchdown, Boise St. scores to tie it on a 4th and 18 with 14 seconds left from the 50 yard line on a hook and ladder play. Then they win it in overtime on a two point conversion on a statue of liberty play, followed by the quarterback proposing in the endzone to his cheerleader girlfriend.

This !! Amazing finish with two trick plays to beat OK and by a non major conf.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Team: Auburn - Alabama - kick 6.
Individual: Ted Williams - home run in last at bat

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Bill Russell? 11 NBA championships, including the final two as player/coach?

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Al Bundy scored 4 touchdowns "in a single game" while playing for Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, "Spare Tire" Dixon

I had my Polk High #33 tshirt on at Lake Compounce about a month ago and a guy walked past me just flashing 4 fingers. There's no question, Bundy is king.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Does anything really beat Roy Hobbs?

Reaction Score
How about Elway finally winning two championships at the end of his career as a player.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

That was a good one! I thought it was the RB - Ian Johnson IIRC?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
He died pretty close to, if not on, New Year's Eve, with 3,000 hits. And, most Fairy Tales have happy ending. But otherwise...

You're right. I was thinking right after the hit, but good spot. Knew I wasn't confident in that fact.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
You're probably right.

I'm recalling from off the top of my head, and my memory is far from perfect.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

That was him, he proposed to his GF that night after the game.

Edit: Didn't see that in the original post, but yes Ian Johnson is correct.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom