OT: Sports Doping | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Sports Doping

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
My greats were carpenters--I was fun-ing with you about the bob. But in all else--that's my mom speaking with your voice. Just one point connect or disconnect, I don't know--I prefer, all is actual. But if you perceive it to be true for you it is true. Oh, yea, I know you just missed it but--gender is an add. Two of the finest, trusted, and creative, knowledgeable Engineers I knew were women. A woman was the chief engineer for the company that made the mirrors for the Hubble, if memory serves. I just had to throw that in, had nothing to do with nothing, I'm just so proud to have known them. Thanks for the positive reply.
+10. Everything you said is 100%. Let me amend my shamefully short sighted and halfhearted response: Race, religion, creed and gender; all of us citizens marching shoulder to shoulder into our future selves. Man, I love this country.

Reaction Score
+10. Everything you said is 100%. Let me amend my shamefully short sighted and halfhearted response: Race, religion, creed and gender; all of us citizens marching shoulder to shoulder into our future selves. Man, I love this country.
We are on the right road, it's long and winding with pit falls, but with people like you we will get there sooner rather than later. Bless you.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
They let them use the best equipment. They let them use the best nutrition. They let them use the best coaching. They let them use the most up to date training methods. They let them use professionals. Is there that big a difference in using chemicals?

Absolutely! The problem with dopig is that it doesn't/ wouldn't stop with professionals. This triggers down to kids, especial high school. I've seen it; witnessed it; and actually had a high school coach tell me that I needed to start my son on steroids prior to college (and my son was a top 10 pitcher in the country).

Doping shortens many athletes lives. It's very hard on the body, mainly the heart and brain. Roid rages are a real thing and we all know we don't need more rages in this country now.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
They let them use the best equipment, equipment that's the envy of non-olympians. They let them use the best nutrition, in some cases groundbreaking science. They let them use the most up to date training methods. They let them use professionals. What the hell givs any of them the right to use illegal drugs?

Well that's kind of the point, why are they illegal?

Most of the banned substances aren't illegal. Various ADHD drugs and cold remedies are on the banned list. For something long-term like ADHD you can get a waiver, but waivers take awhile so for illnesses you just need to know. And as Maria Sharapova knows, you need to know right away when the list changes.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Absolutely! The problem with dopig is that it doesn't/ wouldn't stop with professionals. This triggers down to kids, especial high school. I've seen it; witnessed it; and actually had a high school coach tell me that I needed to start my son on steroids prior to college (and my son was a top 10 pitcher in the country).

Doping shortens many athletes lives. It's very hard on the body, mainly the heart and brain. Roid rages are a real thing and we all know we don't need more rages in this country now.
Doping, the use of HGH and steroids are three different things. The dangers of long term blood doping and the use of HGH are not clearly defined because of the lack of long term trials, if there are any. The long term ill effects of steroids is well documented. Honestly, steroids are no longer the real drugs of choice these days, HGH is. So here we are again with the same issues that followed marijuana. Nevertheless, how can something be stopped, curtailed or regulated if it remains illegal?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom