OT; SOX' SEASON DEPENDS ON LACKEY BEATING THE YANKEES | The Boneyard

OT; SOX' SEASON DEPENDS ON LACKEY BEATING THE YANKEES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Don't worry Yanks have Burnett pitching. Even with the lead expect Burnett to blow up and give up some runs shortly.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Don't worry Yanks have Burnett pitching. Even with the lead expect Burnett to blow up and give up some runs shortly.
Yanks win 6-2.

Burnett: 7.2 innings, 2 earned runs, 6 k, 5 hits. Nice prediction.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
well the season isn't over if the sox lose as the rays still have to face the yanks. but things to not look good for beantown. in fact, i'd not bet a penny on the sox making the post season...

Reaction Score
Even if the Sox make the post-season, I'm afraid they won't last long. The starting pitching is shaky and the bullpen is worse. Who are these guys, anyway?

Reaction Score
Oh look, it is 3-0 Yanks in the first inning.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
The Sox are god awful can we please get rid of Lackey, Crawford, Drew, and Wakefield please..

Reaction Score
Part of me wants the season to end. Part of me doesn't. Not sure which would be better at this point.

Rumors picking up that Francona is gone if they don't make the playoffs and that Bobby Valentine will be the new manager.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I love Francona! But they gotta get better pitching. So sad to see them lose, as their bats are just great. Sigh. Like the old days.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Part of me wants the season to end. Part of me doesn't. Not sure which would be better at this point.

Rumors picking up that Francona is gone if they don't make the playoffs and that Bobby Valentine will be the new manager.
Can Francona be fired if the GM disagrees with the firing? How could the GM possibly agree with a firing, considering that the GM put the team together?

Reaction Score
Can Francona be fired if the GM disagrees with the firing? How could the GM possibly agree with a firing, considering that the GM put the team together?

Supposedly this rumor is floating around because Francona and Epstein are appearing to not be the best of buddies...

Reaction Score
Sox intentionally walk Jesus with two outs in the bottom of the ninth. Yeah, they must think he is another Sam Horn or Muelens as Sox fans said.

Reaction Score
Lets see if Pedrio getting called safe (When he was out by a mile) will get the Sox a win.

Reaction Score
Do the Yankees have a walk off win yet this year? I don't remember any pies. Proctor seems hell bent on ensuring this won't be one....​

Reaction Score
I hate proctor. Another brilliant move by Cashman. And how much is this lineup being paid for not being able to score more than a single run in 13 innings? The Yankees are a very good team. They should be better for how much money is being spent.

Reaction Score
Once they brought him in, I knew the game was over. He is utterly useless.

At this point only a moron wouldn't give up on him and either waive him or bury him so deep into the bullpen that only the rats will talk to him.

Reaction Score
Lost in the mix of the first game, Jacoby Ellsbury becomes the Sox first 30-30 player ever.

3 homers today. Amazing.

Reaction Score
Lost in the mix of the first game, Jacoby Ellsbury becomes the Sox first 30-30 player ever.

3 homers today. Amazing.

When is his contract up? If the sox don't extend it for 15 years, the Yankees have to sign him. He is killing them.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I hate proctor. Another brilliant move by Cashman. And how much is this lineup being paid for not being able to score more than a single run in 13 innings? The Yankees are a very good team. They should be better for how much money is being spent.

Cashman couldn't build a bullpen if his life depended on it. Any success is by accident.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Sox pull it out! Now let's see what happens next. This is a nutty season.

Reaction Score
Cashman couldn't build a bullpen if his life depended on it. Any success is by accident.

Not totally by accident. Money can cover up a lot of mistakes and buy some success. Pitchers are notoriously difficult to predict. What I find baffling is how a team with a payroll this high could have a batting average this low. They have to hit home runs to win most of their games. The problem comes in when you face a great or even very good pitcher who doesn't give up the long ball. They have a very hard time manufacturing runs. There are too many holes. I know 6th in the AL isn't awful. It is just awful when you look at how much they spend to have the 6th best batting average in baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom