OT: SOS | The Boneyard

OT: SOS

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
in hour three of wedding cake consultation and deep talks on favors boxes. Help me out boys

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
in hour three of wedding cake consultation and deep talks on favors boxes. Help me out boys

This is easy.

When it came to reception menu and stuff I had two requirements- Grooms cake is red velvet with a golf theme and scallops wrapped in bacon were going to be on menu. Everything else was up to bride.

I'm assuming you bring a flask with you and as soon as you provide inputs you start drinking. That has an incredible way of helping a bride with her decisiveness.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Just when I need all of you the most...

Nowhere to be found.

@jimmyserrano would have never left me high and dry like this.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
This is easy.

When it came to reception menu and stuff I had two requirements- Grooms cake is red velvet with a golf theme and scallops wrapped in bacon were going to be on menu. Everything else was up to bride.

I'm assuming you bring a flask with you and as soon as you provide inputs you start drinking. That has an incredible way of helping a bride with her decisiveness.

All I asked was that we put a $5,000 mountain bike on the registry and nothing else but I didn’t get my way

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
80s music has been playing the whole time. Currently listening to “Hands to Heaven” by Breathe

Reaction Score
Come on man - it's 4PM - you didn't have brunch before and fire down some cocktails when this thing started at 1PM?

Learn from this and know when to recognize when there are times you've got to be physically present, but perhaps your full mental participation beyond looking engaged isn't required and anesthetize yourself in advance.

I'm been married for almost 20 years.

Reaction Score
Come on man - it's 4PM - you didn't have brunch before and fire down some cocktails when this thing started at 1PM?

Learn from this and know when to recognize when there are times you've got to be physically present, but perhaps your full mental participation beyond looking engaged isn't required and anesthetize yourself in advance.

I'm been married for almost 20 years.

And you think your partner doesn’t know when you’re faking looking “engaged” ?
XD

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If you are writing this during the process I feel for your bride...................................

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Whatever cake you want.

Whatever you want on the other thing you asked about.

That was pretty easy

That's exactly what I did. And to answer @Dream Jobbed 2.0 there was no tasting, just looking at a bunch of pictures today. Her aunt is making the cake, so I think the process is a bit different. It wasn't so bad, just a lot of stuff I'd never have thought about. Would have been better if I could have actually turned the UConn game on lol

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don't think he gets that it's a schtick. If she's really looking for a better groom, @JMick may still be available.

Have you picked a date yet?
(Don't have to post-it here, just curious if you considered the UConn games and your wedding date).

BTW- Late April is bedtime for weddings. Conflicts with zero major sporting events.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
(Don't have to post-it here, just curious if you considered the UConn games and your wedding date).

BTW- Late April is bedtime for weddings. Conflicts with zero major sporting events.

This ^.

4/30 here. Also typically the last day of “off season” reception hall rates.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Yes--I will probably end up missing the Illinois game for the honeymoon, but that's it. I didn't consider it when picking a date though lol

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes--I will probably end up missing the Illinois game for the honeymoon, but that's it. I didn't consider it when picking a date though lol

a long weekend wedding. you and your ilk are the worst.

there is an entire summer of nothing

when are you going to tell lovie. he aint gonna be pleased

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom