OT: Songs with great guitar riffs | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Songs with great guitar riffs

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Can't believe there hasn't been any Zeppelin yet, they have a number of well known riffs. I'm not even a big fan but there's gotta be something from them in this thread.
I agree that not having Jimmy Page represented in the thread up to that point is kinda unbelievable. I thought that this song was posted early in the thread but I can't find it.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Sometimes I try to tune out the vocals completely and just listen to the guitar when I'm listening to Robert Johnson. Supposedly when Keith Richards first heard Robert Johnson he asked who the second guitarist was.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Song good songs, although we are still having some trouble with the concept of "riffs". But anyway.

Here is Clapton with a riff all the way through.

The Core - Eric Clapton (with Marcy Levy)

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Song good songs, although we are still having some trouble with the concept of "riffs". But anyway.

Here is Clapton with a riff all the way through.

The Core - Eric Clapton (with Marcy Levy)
When I started this thread, my original intent was to have a thread where the riff was what made the song recognizable from the start, such as Smoke On The Water and Stairway To Heaven. I guess I did not get the concept clear enough when I opened the thread and am not sure if this explanation would have actually helped...:rolleyes:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
When I started this thread, my original intent was to have a thread where the riff was what made the song recognizable from the start, such as Smoke On The Water and Stairway To Heaven. I guess I did not get the concept clear enough when I opened the thread and am not sure if this explanation would have actually helped...:rolleyes:
It was an admirable thought, but the Boneyard tends to drift. "The best laid schemes o' mice an'men , gang aft a-gley". :D

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

It was an admirable thought, but the Boneyard tends to drift. "The best laid schemes o' mice an'men , gang aft a-gley". :D
We start a thread and God laughs. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Prince did the opening guitar riff on Madonna’s best song.

Reaction Score
I did not live here in Alabama when this song was written. And in 1977 George Wallace was the governor . There was a law against consecutive terms in the state back then, but he was serving his third term. He went on to serve a fourth term later , having run unsuccessfully for President of the United States several times. Governor Wallace was serving his final years in office when I moved to the Birmingham area in 1985. I have no idea whether the band members loved him, but there were many in Alabama that did. Beyond that, I always understood the lyrics to read "boo,hoo, hoo " rather than boo,boo,boo. And that seems to fit into the tone of rebuke to Neil Young that the song espouses. In spite of all that hooey, I like the song and it has withstood the test of time rather well. I must also add a disclaimer, stating that I have been wrong on lyrics many times before. But to answer the song's main question, my conscience does not bother me, even though Watergate did.
The band members said the chorus was "Boo boo boo"...which makes more sense with the follow-up verse, "We all did what we could do..."

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Even Andrew Lloyd Webber can write a riff.

Heaven On Their Minds - JC Superstar (Carl Anderson)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Chicago Transit Authority before Peter Cetera took them all poppy.

Terry Kath riffs a bit while they are getting ready. Very distinguishable riff comes in at the 1:00 mark. Stick around for his solo (not a riff) at the 3:00 mark.

25 or 6 to 4 - Chicago

Reaction Score
Chicago Transit Authority before Peter Cetera took them all poppy.

Terry Kath riffs a bit while they are getting ready. Very distinguishable riff comes in at the 1:00 mark. Stick around for his solo (not a riff) at the 3:00 mark.

25 or 6 to 4 - Chicago

I loved Chicago. Always thought they should have hung it up after Kath's death. Ditto The Who after Keith Moon passed.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If you haven't heard this one, you probably haven't been to a sporting event. (yea, there are actually words to it )

Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom