OT-songs featuring siblings | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT-songs featuring siblings

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Loved these guys and loved the arpeggio's in the break and at the end. Also RIP Louis Johnson who popularized the funky thumb pluck in R & B.

JordyG

Reaction Score
And oh! These twins whose voices are so perfectly matched it always seemed to be one person singing.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Mostly The Sylvers with added friends. And that sweet bassline.

Reaction Score
Dire Straits, with Mark and David Knopfler. After three years of increasing success, the band broke up, largely over a split between the two. Mark went on to have a successful career with first Dire Straits and then as a singer-songwriter (and, of course, as a noted Guitar God). David is less known, but has a number of solo recordings to his credit.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Okay last one for now. There are some really well known ones I've left for someone else.

Lead singer and drummer are sister and brother. Lizzy has some pipes.

She uses those pipes in the music video that serves as the theme song for College Football Gameday. She plays and sings with Big and Rich.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Carly and Lucy Simon, aka the Simon Sisters, several years before Carly's self-titled album, with an old folk song:

Had not heard this one before. I was always fond of Carly when she was performing.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
This band was a father, son and as many as 3 daughters (I think the membership fluctuated).

The Cox family did a great version of 'I Am Weary" on the "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou" soundtrack. And I am surprised that NWHoopfan did not mention the Brothers Four. Four Fijis from the University of Washington. They were not actually brothers , but the name begs their inclusion in the PAC 12 hall of song fame!

Bama fan

Reaction Score
If you're talking the quality of the music they made and the musicianship, Gentle Giant were head and shoulders above any other band ever. And if you ask me next week, I might even give you the same answer. On the first few albums, half of them were Derek, Ray, and Phil Schulman, all graduates of the Royal Conservatory (Phil left after three or four albums).

Great song, great group, great pun! "head and shoulders above..." for a group called Gentle Giant. On any other forum , Boote might get the hook for that one!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Chris and Rich Robinson

She Talks To Angels - The Black Crowes

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members