OT: Songs about horses | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Songs about horses

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
This isn't a song, but an interview Tom Waits did on Letterman. Waits spends a lot of time at the track, and this is a great story about one of those trips. This is one of the funniest pieces I can remember from the Letterman show:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Kelso was a magnificent runner. I don't recall him and a camera romance, although it is not that unusual. They are flight animals and hyper aware of what is going on around them and naturally curious. Once they figure out you aren't trying to kill them with that thing that goes click they tend to play along.
Kelso was such a great horse, and proof that sometimes a 2 year old isn't evidence of future greatness. Like fine wine the older he became the better he ran. He also was a smooth ride, just like this song.

Reaction Score
“Legend” by Poco
“Chips Ahoy” by The Hold Steady
“Cattle Drive” by Marshall Tucker
“Beer for My Horses” by Toby Keith & Willie Nelson

Last edited:
Reaction Score

My first choice for this one proved to be problematic in these different times, but here's Johnny Cash.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

My first choice for this one proved to be problematic in these different times, but here's Johnny Cash.

Aw, you must have found the Al Jolson and Ethiopian Serenaders video. I thought about that one too, but :eek:. People should be made to watch it just for the OMG effect.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Aw, you must have found the Al Jolson and Ethiopian Serenaders video. I thought about that one too, but :eek:. People should be made to watch it just for the OMG effect.
Someone had to include the Foster classic. Honestly, that was going to be my first entry here, but I declined. I'm still glad someone included some version of this song. However, if you can find yours....

Reaction Score
Nice! Just got back from riding my horse to catch up on this thread. Lots of old favorites and some I hadnt heard of. Enjoyed Skewball which I had never heard (tho Stewball was a favorite!)

Reaction Score

err, that was interesting. No, I was considering Blazing Saddles.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom