OT: Snow Storm | The Boneyard

OT: Snow Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How's everyone faring? In Fairfield County I'm hunkered in for the night waiting to access damage in the morning daylight. Its just snowing and snowing and snowing.

Had to push open the back screen door just to make sure it will let me get out in the morning and not get stuck.

NYC shut down, motorist stranded on the Penn Turnpike, and people are dying. Also Georgetown has to be sour having to stay in CT after losing, because they sure ain't going anywhere.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I live in the Hudson Valley.

I kid you not, we do not have a single flake on the ground.

My brother-in-law, who lives 25 miles away, has a foot-plus of snow.

Reaction Score
Had to eat Georgetown tickets because I couldn't get up to Hartford and the Springsteen concert for tomorrow night got canceled. What should have been a great weekend turned into a horrible weekend.

Reaction Score
Northern CT has about 3 inches so far and it still coming down at a good clip.

Reaction Score

I'm sorry -- kiss your what?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah they tell me in Glastonbury they have 2-3 inches. I'm one town over and it's like 8 and snowing like a mo fo out.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Outside of Hershey, PA we got crushed. The worst that I can remember being here since '93. I knew I had to get things going but UConn at noon on CBS. However that didn't pan out for some reason. so I waited almost 30 minutes past game time wondering when these local weather guys were going off the air. Didn't happen. Thankfully found CBS Stream. Our pups win, I am happy, until I get outside. 3 hours to do a driveway. I have a great snowblower but the height of the snow came over it. So that took forever. Wife had to take shovel and chop down on the snow to cave it in and loosen so I could blow it. Still does not look complete but I am beat and sore. The side of the house is also high. I am afraid that will have to thaw itself. It was difficult to make that initial pass. Supposed to be total blazing sun tomorrow, which will make the snow wet and get stuck in the blades and tube. Sorry for rambling. If our boys didn't win today, I am not sure I could of finished half of it..lol. Finally stopped snowing from yesterday at 5 today.

Reaction Score
Outside of Hershey, PA we got crushed. The worst that I can remember being here since '93. I knew I had to get things going but UConn at noon on CBS. However that didn't pan out for some reason. so I waited almost 30 minutes past game time wondering when these local weather guys were going off the air. Didn't happen. Thankfully found CBS Stream. Our pups win, I am happy, until I get outside. 3 hours to do a driveway. I have a great snowblower but the height of the snow came over it. So that took forever. Wife had to take shovel and chop down on the snow to cave it in and loosen so I could blow it. Still does not look complete but I am beat and sore. The side of the house is also high. I am afraid that will have to thaw itself. It was difficult to make that initial pass. Supposed to be total blazing sun tomorrow, which will make the snow wet and get stuck in the blades and tube. Sorry for rambling. If our boys didn't win today, I am not sure I could of finished half of it..lol. Finally stopped snowing from yesterday at 5 today.
Sorry guys, Northwestern CT had a dusting. Welcome to our usual world.

Reaction Score
Probably 3 in Glastonbury. On the cusp of where there's a ton then none.

Reaction Score
About 4" in Southington at 10:00 PM. My brother in Fairfield has about a foot.

Reaction Score
Im in Hoboken NJ - just outside NYC and we recorded 24 inches. Snow here has about stopped but still insanely windy.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
We got relatively hammered by the Stevenson Dam along Rte 34. Took 4 hours this morning to reach an inch of accumulation. Then it went to about an inch and a half an hour for the next 9 hours or so, followed by an hour or two of light snow. Total is about 14 or 15 inches.

Reaction Score
We got about a foot in New Haven. I live downtown so I went out and hit up some bars anyway -- many were closed -- but a few were open and that was fun.

I did sadly miss the game -- my friend and I decided that the sideways snow was too much for my bald tires.

Reaction Score
About 4" in Southington at 10:00 PM. My brother in Fairfield has about a foot.

You must live on the other side of town from me. East side where I live got 8 inches.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Probably 8 or 9 inches here in Naugatuck. Took us 45 minutes to dig out the sidewalk and driveway last night, and by the time we were done another inch had accumulated.

Reaction Score
Nothing Feeding Hills MA - zip golf this week will be in WesMass late January boys!;)

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
After the game yesterday I wanted some cardio so shoveled the sloped part of driveway. We had 7" at the time here in North Madison. About to rev up the 'blower knowing Guilford got 16".

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Temps in the mid 50's in Clearwater and vvery windy. Two club wind
Freezing down here! It was 44 when I woke up.

Folks up north have no idea what we have to deal with down here in winter.

Reaction Score

18 inches in Armonk

Reaction Score
Only ended up with about 4" here in New Fairfield. Didn't even have to get out the snow thrower, did everything by hand. And it was all gassed up and everything :(

Reaction Score
Teenager knocked on my door this morning. Got almost 2 feet, so glad I got cash back at the grocery store yesterday.

I'm in heaven and ready to watch some football with no aches and pains this evening thanks to a teen snowblower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom