OT: Snow, Ice, Snow and more Snow | The Boneyard

OT: Snow, Ice, Snow and more Snow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What are you guys getting? Mostly ice here in Fairfield County by the water. Schools closed, and many businesses. Guys driving trucks @ 40 mph like its a sunny summer day.

Reaction Score
The fn town contractor just left his 2nd Scarface pile on the end of my driveway other than that no biggie.

About another 5-6 so far and coming down pretty good again. WMass Agawam area.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's only a matter of time until some smartassss makes a global warming joke or the Arizona/Florida fans make golf jokes.

I'd be that person but it's 70 degrees along the South Carolina coast right now.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Global warming has to do with climate, not weather.
Weather is observed "day to day", where as climate is viewed in huge blocks, such as decades and that's where you are going to see the effects of global warming, eventhough there's days like today in the NE

Reaction Score
Weather is observed "day to day", where as climate is viewed in huge blocks, such as decades and that's where you are going to see the effects of global warming, eventhough there's days like today in the NE
thanks al gore, jk

Reaction Score
At this rate, my daughter will still be finishing her senior year of high school when she should be starting her freshman year of college.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Makes you wonder why were trying to cool the earth down. If it gets this crazy when the earth is too warm the weather will be totally whacked when the earth gets cooler. Crazy.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
A couple inches here in beautiful, downtown Stevenson. Got about a half inch last night, then it changed to rain, then it went back and forth for a few hours, then finally snowed hard for a few hours before tapering off to basically nothing.

Reaction Score
Global Warming changed to Climate Change when it was apparent there was no Global Warming. It may change to something else in the future.

Reaction Score
I grew up in Fairfield County, and went to Storrs for my undergrad - I will not make jokes at anyone's expense. I still remember the first day of second semester of my freshman year trying to walk (I should have brought cross country skis) to my Physics class over in the Hicks building. The snow was blinding and going almost horizontal. And the temperature was FREEZING... One of those bone-chilling colds that requires hours of heat, blankets and a hot bowl or two of soup to warm up from... One of the most miserable walks of my life.

But even the current rain in south Florida is much better than what you all are going through. Seems like someone is standing above New England and just dumping out one bucket after another of snow and ice on you the last few weeks.

I am quite sure you are all D-O-N-E with it...

Reaction Score
I grew up in Fairfield County, and went to Storrs for my undergrad - I will not make jokes at anyone's expense. I still remember the first day of second semester of my freshman year trying to walk (I should have brought cross country skis) to my Physics class over in the Hicks building. The snow was blinding and going almost horizontal. And the temperature was FREEZING... One of those bone-chilling colds that requires hours of heat, blankets and a hot bowl or two of soup to warm up from... One of the most miserable walks of my life.

But even the current rain in south Florida is much better than what you all are going through. Seems like someone is standing above New England and just dumping out one bucket after another of snow and ice on you the last few weeks.

I am quite sure you are all D-O-N-E with it...
Rainy here in Ft Myers today but expected to clear up. Only 60s and low 70s for foreseeable future. Some people here say 60s is too cold. As a CT guy for 30 plus years I love when it's "cool" here. Good luck guys, hope your travels are safe.

Reaction Score
Hard to tell but looks like about 10-12" in Southington, all snow so far. Just a dusting left to go. Plow guy hasn't come yet so I guess I'll watch the women's game tonight.
And there is more coming Thursday!

Reaction Score
Hard to tell but looks like about 10-12" in Southington, all snow so far. Just a dusting left to go. Plow guy hasn't come yet so I guess I'll watch the women's game tonight.
And there is more coming Thursday!

Southington huh? Born at Bradley Memorial lol. Good town!

Reaction Score
Gotta try that on some pancakes. Start the day off right!

I heard that the other night, the pancake deal. Is it true?

I did like it chilled though the other night in my first taste test, and 2nd taste test, and 3rd, 4th, 5th well you get it - fun night

Reaction Score
I saw some @$$ predicting a potential blizzard for Thursday into Friday of this week. Our house is on the market as we were looking to move closer to the Rhode Island side of Connecticut as the wife commutes there a few times a week. Called the real estate agent to take the house of the market. Im done with this place, we are staying put for a little while to save up some cash. The first chance we get to head south, im out of here.

Reaction Score
Southington huh? Born at Bradley Memorial lol. Good town!
It is amazing you were born there and survived:) Grew up in the north end of Hartford but I like Southington.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
I got beef with mother nature right now like i got beef with our front line. 10" ish just outside the dirty water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom