Ot: Share a moment with your Favorite Star | The Boneyard

Ot: Share a moment with your Favorite Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
What's your opinion on this? I believe the idea has potential. If they get the 4 major sports plus a handful of special sports & celebs it could take off. A great gift idea. Imagine Calhoun's Irish/Boston accent recounting the huddle with 2 min to play vs Duke in 99. Or your son's birthday? A military guy overseas? A word of encouragemnt for a youngster having trouble at school or with an illness. A wedding proposal via the Audio message. Check it out, some are crazy, Big Papi/Pedro. You could get pretty creative if the star cooperates. Plus, if your not into the digital version/social sharing; it only costs $45 for a custom, framed, matted print. My friend got one for his wife's bday, showed it to her from laptop to flatscreen tv & got a print for her office. What do you think- Winning idea? or Longterm loser?

https://www.egraphs.com/

Reaction Score
I had an idea a few years back.

We live in CT. ESPN is right here.

What if you could get Bobby Knight over to your house for $2,000.00 to sit and watch an ESPN Big Monday game? 10 friends, each pay 200 bucks a piece and Bobby would watch the game with you in your living room, give you the X and O's and the stuff only a hall of fame coach sees in a game.

Ditka comes over to watch a Monday Night game with your fantasy football league. Throws a few cold ones back and does the same. Tells stories, diagrams plays out, gives his unfiltered views of a game.

These guys are in town anyway, if they have to be here Sunday....what's the problem with hanging around an extra day for a couple grand?

Or maybe it's much lesser talent. Merrill Hoge, Fran Fraschilla, Digger Phelps, Bill Raftery. You get a network of these guys and pimp them out to these private little gigs.

GemParty

Reaction Score
A similar idea crossed my mind a few years back Deepster. Mine was more along the lines of dinner at a restaurant with a Legend of your choice. Then my mind started to think of liability. Imagine Kobe/Arod/whoever meets a hot young blonde fan at Ruth Chris, and your company booked the gig. Could that turn out badly? $$$

It would be cool to watch a UConn game with Calhoun. Maybe we could start on a shoe string & get Johnnie Selvie to visit our living rooms.

What do you think of the Egraphs concept?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
They all have appearance fees. Pay the fee and I'm sure they would do all those things. Diktats is between $20,000 and $30,000. Your fantasy league is going to have to come up with a lot more than $200 per man. Bobby Knight gets $30-$50k. JC gets between $20-$30 k

GemParty

Reaction Score
Not to take my own thread off the rails, but I once bumped into an ad for The Iron Sheik, of WWF fame, would come to your stag. Imagine tipping a few back with that dude. Maybe he would bring Sargent Slaughter.

Reaction Score
You're talking about speaking events or more formalized appearances. I'm talking about sitting around watching a game and having some suds on a night when they'd otherwise be sitting in a hotel room.

For instance, Ditka is a regular in a couple of Southington watering holes. No reason he couldn't shift it from "Nameless Little Tavern" to Deepster's house and cash in a couple grand.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Pic
4u4ubeju.jpg

GemParty

Reaction Score
150 views of the thread, not one comment on the thread topic itself? Lame conversation starter, on my part, I suppose? I think the egraph is pretty cool for sports fans of all ages.

Reaction Score
A similar idea crossed my mind a few years back Deepster. Mine was more along the lines of dinner at a restaurant with a Legend of your choice. Then my mind started to think of liability. Imagine Kobe/Arod/whoever meets a hot young blonde fan at Ruth Chris, and your company booked the gig. Could that turn out badly? $$$

It would be cool to watch a UConn game with Calhoun. Maybe we could start on a shoe string & get Johnnie Selvie to visit our living rooms.

What do you think of the Egraphs concept?

I don't know what I think about it. I can see some stalker scenario. Or lawsuit. I like the concept of a gift for a loved one. It's kind of neat instead of just getting an autograph on a piece of paper, but you are not meeting said star in person. It is not as intimate or personal.

Watching a college hoops game with Jim Calhoun would be awesome. A UConn game? Not so much.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I am going to buy an egraph from Christian Yelich of the Marlins.

I'm picking him so that my friends and loved ones can all say "who the duck* is Christian Yelich" when they see my beautiful high-resolution photograph (translation, a picture), handwritten note, signature and personalized voice mail.

I'm not sure what to put in my note to the star I have chosen, Christian Yelich. They suggest I tell him how he inspired me or talk about the band that both of us like, but I don't think we have any common ground there. Instead, I will ask him, "Hey, who the duck* are you?"

GemParty

Reaction Score
I am going to buy an egraph from Christian Yelich of the Marlins.

I'm picking him so that my friends and loved ones can all say "who the duck* is Christian Yelich" when they see my beautiful high-resolution photograph (translation, a picture), handwritten note, signature and personalized voice mail.

I'm not sure what to put in my note to the star I have chosen, Christian Yelich. They suggest I tell him how he inspired me or talk about the band that both of us like, but I don't think we have any common ground there. Instead, I will ask him, "Hey, who the duck* are you?"
Get in early before he sells out Fishy!

Heading into the 2012 season Christian was rated the #41 overall prospect by Baseball America. He is one of the brightest up-and-comers in the Miami organization. Marlins fans should expect to catch him in the Major Leagues soon.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What's your opinion on this? I believe the idea has potential. If they get the 4 major sports plus a handful of special sports & celebs it could take off. A great gift idea. Imagine Calhoun's Irish/Boston accent recounting the huddle with 2 min to play vs Duke in 99. Or your son's birthday? A military guy overseas? A word of encouragemnt for a youngster having trouble at school or with an illness. A wedding proposal via the Audio message. Check it out, some are crazy, Big Papi/Pedro. You could get pretty creative if the star cooperates. Plus, if your not into the digital version/social sharing; it only costs $45 for a custom, framed, matted print. My friend got one for his wife's bday, showed it to her from laptop to flatscreen tv & got a print for her office. What do you think- Winning idea? or Longterm loser?

https://www.egraphs.com/[/quote]

Superticially: Winner - time efficient for the star makes it a no brainer if the compensation is appropriate, although you'd need a lot more info to determine if they've structured the thing in a viable manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom