OT: Sean Miller Can't Handle the Heat | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Sean Miller Can't Handle the Heat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wet shirt and early exit but he will still kick our arse on the recruiting trail.

Huh? I know he didn't for the incoming class and I will take the titles, the wins in the tourney before the "recruiting victories" - who cares?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Wet shirt and early exit but he will still kick our arse on the recruiting trail.
What good is winning recruiting battles if you are not converting them into titles?

ETA: Good God, man, I sweat like a bastard and have been wearing dress shirts five days a week for more than 20 years. The only times it's a problem is on the hottest and most humid days. How can he possibly have gotten to this point in life without wearing t-shirts?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Huh? I know he didn't for the incoming class and I will take the titles, the wins in the tourney before the "recruiting victories" - who cares?
Yeah, I get all that but, honestly, do you expect that Ollie will be able to win a championship with the recruiting class coming in? The key word is, expect. None of us can see into the future so all we can go on is past history. We saw KO bring a team to a championship but that team had Calhoun's recruits. That was a very talented group and at least one of them (Daniels) was rated quite a bit higher than any of the kids in this incoming class. I am not as impressed by the recent recruiting haul as most people are. I think we need a couple of instant impact recruits at some point too. A kid like Diallo, for example. He can't keep losing those particular battles to the squid, coach K, golly gee roy, Self and Miller. Do I think KO is a better coach than sweaty Sean? Absolutely. But he still needs to steal one of the REALLY big fish from one of these guys at some point to be able to get back to the very top of the mountain again. That and, maybe, have a great regular season too. He doesn't need to recruit at the same level as these guys but he needs to win a kid like Diallo once in a while. That isn't meant to be a slight against a kid like Gilbert. I think Gilbert can be a very good player some day but he isn't at the same level as Diallo. Diallo, and those at his level, have a higher probability of being instant impact and future super stars. Given that we don't have a crystal ball, it all comes down to probability. The top 10 recruits are more likely to become stars than the top 20-30 kids and so on. Calhoun had a crazy knack at finding gems that weren't top rated recruits but even he grabbed a Kemba or an El-Amin or a Donyell Marshall once in a while. But, hey, if they beat Kansas today I take it all back.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I get all that but, honestly, do you expect that Ollie will be able to win a championship with the recruiting class coming in? The key word is, expect. None of us can see into the future so all we can go on is past history. We saw KO bring a team to a championship but that team had Calhoun's recruits. That was a very talented group and at least one of them (Daniels) was rated quite a bit higher than any of the kids in this incoming class. I am not as impressed by the recent recruiting haul as most people are. I think we need a couple of instant impact recruits at some point too. A kid like Diallo, for example. He can't keep losing those particular battles to the squid, coach K, golly gee roy, Self and Miller. Do I think KO is a better coach than sweaty Sean? Absolutely. But he still needs to steal one of the REALLY big fish from one of these guys at some point to be able to get back to the very top of the mountain again. That and, maybe, have a great regular season too. He doesn't need to recruit at the same level as these guys but he needs to win a kid like Diallo once in a while. That isn't meant to be a slight against a kid like Gilbert. I think Gilbert can be a very good player some day but he isn't at the same level as Diallo. Diallo, and those at his level, have a higher probability of being instant impact and future super stars. Given that we don't have a crystal ball, it all comes down to probability. The top 10 recruits are more likely to become stars than the top 20-30 kids and so on. Calhoun had a crazy knack at finding gems that weren't top rated recruits but even he grabbed a Kemba or an El-Amin or a Donyell Marshall once in a while. But, hey, if they beat Kansas today I take it all back.

Stop whining

Reaction Score
Williams actually won. Miller is a complete joke. No idea why he gets top 10 classes every year.

Gary Williams was a mess, they had to keep a mop boy stationed at his side.

Reaction Score
Williams actually won. Miller is a complete joke. No idea why he gets top 10 classes every year.
Because he's the head coach of the U19 national team.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Pretty sure our class is similar, if not better (247), than their's next year. Depends on which service you give wait to. I'll take us right now.

This is a better class (rating wise) than any JC brought in in later years. Whether they win a Championship or not remains to be seen.

Nobody can expect to win a Championship in the future. Doesn't make sense.

I expect to strongly compete for a Championship. And that's all you can ask for.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Because he's the head coach of the U19 national team.

You guys are underestimating just how strong a draw Arizona is too 17-18 year old males. Let's just say they don't need the Pitino brothel system to entice kids.

Hell, Gronk chose Arizona because of the pool parties alone. Granted it's Gronk. But still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom