OT Seahawks Wilson & Giants | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT Seahawks Wilson & Giants

Reaction Score
Likely would take #6, next year's 1st, a 3, and a player. And for me it's a no brainer

He'd be a lot more expensive than that, unless the player in that trade going back to the Seahawks is really good. Mack went for two firsts and a third(although the Bears got a 2nd rounder as well).

There's little to no precedent for a top 7-8 QB(I think Wilson is better than that, but being conservative) getting traded in his prime.

RG3 went for 3 firsts and a second. Jay Cutler went for 2 firsts, a third, and Kyle Orton. It would take a ton to get Wilson.

Reaction Score
I don't see it in Haskins., 38 year old Eli better option and wait until next year. I can be behind Lock and Jones sitting one year to learn the offense no pressure. Giants cut Phil Simms after he made playoffs, i think letting eli go after this year is fine. Fix the O-Line, get some defense, and let Lock or Jones sit for a year while the defense and offensive progress.

I want the next QB not have to deal with the line issues that Eli dealt with last three years.

And, Eli was very good in some games last year when he had time. He was awful beginning of last year when he was under siege.

Reason they didn't make playoffs was a terrible OL, prob worst in nfl first half of season, and then worst giants defense i have ever seen.

Reaction Score
Don't understand all the naysayers not wanting to spend two firsts this year plus to get Wilson. Just think of him throwing all those TD passes to OBJ...oh, wait.

GO BROWNS!!!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Someone explain why Haskins is so looked down upon? 5000 yards and 50 TDs as a redshirt sophomore in the big ten. Lock and Jones aren't good.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Haskins is young. Brings more to the table than Manning does. However, like I said above, Manning is the QB for 2 more years. So Wilson or Haskins won't see minute one. How many QB's has the Giants drafted over the last 10 years. Put them all together you won't get 1 quarter. And I am high balling. I was Mannings biggest fan. But it is time.

If they flip big picks and drop huge money on Wilson, there's a 100% chance Eli never places another game for the Giants. Assuming no injuries.

Reaction Score
No way hearing they may want both 1st round picks screw that we need more than Russell Wilson to win games that's for sure. Lets stay in our lane, get LBers - DLine - OLine players, impact players early and often. He's not that good to be throwing away this draft, not for me GMen need too much for this to happen.
Are you insane?

Reaction Score
The problem is if they don't get a good QB soon they will waste Barkley's good years. I would prefer using this years picks to shore up the weak roster but DG pushed the QB decision into this year with his choice last year and we are always going to be playing catch up.

Reaction Score
Someone explain why Haskins is so looked down upon? 5000 yards and 50 TDs as a redshirt sophomore in the big ten. Lock and Jones aren't good.
I dont like guys from super programs, typically. You cant compare Haskins to Lock and Jones in terms of production. What would haskins do if he was at Duke?

Scouts ignore a lot of the stats and look at every throw and his decision making, footwork, arm, and accuracy etc. I think they feel Haskins has had no experience playing under duress. And, when JT BArrett and Braxton Miller put up huge numbers, it kind of discounts anything you do. It comes down to filmwork IMO. They obviously dont believe in him, or it is a smokescreen.

Reaction Score
The problem is if they don't get a good QB soon they will waste Barkley's good years. I would prefer using this years picks to shore up the weak roster but DG pushed the QB decision into this year with his choice last year and we are always going to be playing catch up.

Giants will be fine. You don't build around a RB, and you don't make the wrong move because you feel like time ir running out on your RB. Barkley, to me, is a better RB than OBJ is a wide receiver. They can get a QB next year, sign a free agent, trade for a QB. There is no reason that they need one to play this year because Barkley is on the team.

I would have cut Eli and signed Nick Foles.

Reaction Score
Are you insane?

No but obviously you may be if you’d give the house for him? Do you happen to remember the 3-4-5 games last year this team took the lead with 2 minutes or so left only to lose by giving up easy points because the defense was awful? Because by giving up these picks our defense will get better how?

Reaction Score
No but obviously you may be if you’d give the house for him? Do you happen to remember the 3-4-5 games last year this team took the lead with 2 minutes or so left only to lose by giving up easy points because the defense was awful? Because by giving up these picks our defense will get better how?
Gee, I don't know the Giants have one of the worst QB's in the league with no backup and a horrible recent history of drafting and there was talk about them getting one of the best QB's in the league. You must be psyched, two more years of Eli!!!

Reaction Score
Gee, I don't know the Giants have one of the worst QB's in the league with no backup and a horrible recent history of drafting and there was talk about them getting one of the best QB's in the league. You must be psyched, two more years of Eli!!!

I would say the bad drafting is pre Gettleman. I think Gettleman’s strength is the college draft. He’s picked some starters at Carolina in the lower rounds.

Reaction Score
I would say the bad drafting is pre Gettleman. I think Gettleman’s strength is the college draft. He’s picked some starters at Carolina in the lower rounds.
He certainly hasn't engendered any confidence since running things for the Giants.

Reaction Score
Russell Wilson and the Seahawks reached agreement on a 4-year, $140 million in new money extension that includes a $65 million signing bonus, per source.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Russell Wilson and the Seahawks reached agreement on a 4-year, $140 million in new money extension that includes a $65 million signing bonus, per source.

That's very fortunate for the Giants. He's a solid QB but is definitely not a guy who can win games without a really good team around him.

Reaction Score
That's very fortunate for the Giants. He's a solid QB but is definitely not a guy who can win games without a really good team around him.
What? He had nobody around him just last year and took his team to the playoffs. Dude is a top 5 MVP candidate every year.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You still think Eli is a top 10 qb, you're terrible at this.

Eli is bottom 5. Wilson isn't a top 5 QB. May not even be top 10. I wouldn't trade a single first rounder for him if I had to pay him what Seattle just did. Trading a bunch of picks and paying him $140M over 4 years would be a ticket to losing for years.

Reaction Score
Eli is bottom 5. Wilson isn't a top 5 QB. May not even be top 10. I wouldn't trade a single first rounder for him if I had to pay him what Seattle just did. Trading a bunch of picks and paying him $140M over 4 years would be a ticket to losing for years.

You can't name 10 quarterbacks better than Wilson. If he's not in the top 5, he's in the top 6 or 7 at worst.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom