OT Scary Movies and Shows | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT Scary Movies and Shows

Reaction Score
Let's give the Wizard of Oz some credit. When I was a kid, that movie would give me the creeps, year after year.
The Exorcist was also high on the list.

Reaction Score
Hereditary was good but unsettling. Stuck with me for a few days after watching that one.

Reaction Score
Is it house in haunted hill on Netflix. The first few episodes are terrifying. Also we all being Connecticut folk. Anything about the warrens like Annabelle is a real tingler of the spine.

Reaction Score
Let's give the Wizard of Oz some credit. When I was a kid, that movie would give me the creeps, year after year.

childs play scared the crap out of me when I was a kid...

Reaction Score
God what an awful experience. Good movie, but I am a huge ______ when it comes to stuff like that.
I liked Hereditary but watched Midsommar last night and thought it was such a waste. Spectacular visuals with such a cut and dry cult plot that dragged on forever

Some more recent ones I really liked:. The witch (though I don't quite understand the rave reviews), cabin in the woods, it follows, babadook, train to Busan, and the descent

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
The Sixth Sense.

The Day After. I was too young to contemplate nuclear holocaust.

Also, not a horror movie, but Galipoli probably scared me more than any horror movie ever did. I had nightmares about the ending for weeks afterward.

Reaction Score
The Sixth Sense.

The Day After. I was too young to contemplate nuclear holocaust.

Also, not a horror movie, but Galipoli probably scared me more than any horror movie ever did. I had nightmares about the ending for weeks afterward.
Day after is one of guilty pleasures.

Reaction Score
I know I'm dating myself and I avoid scary movies, but being a huge fan of Alfred Hitchcock I went to see Psycho completely unprepared for the shock coming, had nightmares for weeks, we had a coal furnace in our apartment in New Haven, it was my job to stoke the fire twice a day down in the basement, kept waiting for Mrs. Bates to appear.

Reaction Score
I watched The Shining at too young an age

Rented the movie to watch with my girlfriend when we were living in NH. Was a wicked snowstorm that night. About halfway through, we agreed that it would be best to watch the rest of it the next day...in the daytime.

Reaction Score

Those freekn flying monkeys....

Reaction Score
The Silver Bullet

The original Fright Night

Both are very good movies to watch with the lights off.

Reaction Score
Hands down, there was nothing like the scream from a full packed theater time after time when that hand came out of the rocks in Carrie.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Saw it when it first came out - ghastly even being all buzzed and watching it at the midnight movies at the old Vernon Cinemas
After seeing it we thought it would be cool if we stood outside the re exits and start up chainsaws when the movie ended
Then we read a few days later that someone in another state that had as warped minds as us actually did that and some patron had a heart attack and the crazy guy was arrested and thrown in jail

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
When I was a kid there was a movie with Michael Caine called "The Hand." Many nights I waited for that hand to crawl up on my bed.

:shudder:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

The flying Monkees and Oompa Loompas messed up one of my sister's for several years. She was probably around 8-10 years old when movie came out.

Reaction Score
Tis the season of horror....

Not everyone likes scary movies, I get it. But once October comes around these movies always turn it’s ugly face around the corner and I always throw one on from time to time.

I’m curious to hear what you’ve watched in your lifetime that just scared the crap out of you (and I ain’t talking Hocus Pocus, although I will say it’s like Halloween’s version of a Christmas Story).

I’m not old enough to have seen the exorcist in theatres but my dad did. He said people were walking out and he swore someone puked.I know some of you guys were around to see it, same reaction?
No. It was scary and at times the hair on my arms stood up. But I walked out on Texas Chain Saw Massacre. Brutal.

Reaction Score
Exorcist; watched it at the Norwalk drive-in... that movie shook me...
Salem’s Lot (the original made for tv as I think there was a remake)... Always stress when trying to kill vampires...
The original The Hills Have Eyes... super creepy

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Exorcist; watched it at the Norwalk drive-in... that movie shook me...
Salem’s Lot (the original made for tv as I think there was a remake)... Always stress when trying to kill vampires...
The original The Hills Have Eyes... super creepy
When the Glick kid was floating outside the window...whoa.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So many good options.

The Exorcist, Halloween, The Omen, Haunting of Hill House, Nightmare on Elm Street, Serpent and the Rainbow, The Ring, American Werewolf in London...lots of others.

love Shaun of The Dead for the humor.

Reaction Score
childs play scared the crap out of me when I was a kid...

the newer version that came out in 2019 was actually....surprisingly good. They went in a different direction that makes it more of a modern day horror, but i enjoyed it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom