OT Scary Movies and Shows | The Boneyard

OT Scary Movies and Shows

Reaction Score
Tis the season of horror....

Not everyone likes scary movies, I get it. But once October comes around these movies always turn it’s ugly face around the corner and I always throw one on from time to time.

I’m curious to hear what you’ve watched in your lifetime that just scared the crap out of you (and I ain’t talking Hocus Pocus, although I will say it’s like Halloween’s version of a Christmas Story).

I’m not old enough to have seen the exorcist in theatres but my dad did. He said people were walking out and he swore someone puked.I know some of you guys were around to see it, same reaction?

Reaction Score
Halloween 4, 1, 2 in that order. Remakes are getting better (after they got really awful) but still not in the same conversation

The original It tv movie scared the crap out of me when I saw it when I was like 12. Really enjoyed the remake part 1, and looking forward to seeing part 2

Screaming baby beckons so I'll have to think and come back with a few more...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Cockentrice.

Not a movie. Still scary. Google it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The 1973 original made-for-TV movie Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark scared the bejeezus out of me more than anything else I recall as a kid. Never saw the remake.

Reaction Score
The old movie "Freaks" (1932) directed by Tod Browning. Stunning movie which used real circus side show people for story. Not much more than an hour in length; originally, it was longer (94 minutes) but supposedly due to public reaction there were many scenes cut and they are lost for good, apparently.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The 1973 original made-for-TV movie Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark scared the bejeezus out of me more than anything else I recall as a kid. Never saw the remake.
Wow, I hadn't thought about that movie in years. Kim Darby sleepwalks her way through it but the movie itself was pretty darn scary. Especially the camera scene at the end.

From that same era, the original The Night Stalker movie scared the crap out of me at the time. Something about Kolchak as disbelieving observer gave it credibility. I doubt it would hold up particularly well today.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Wow, I hadn't thought about that movie in years. Kim Darby sleepwalks her way through it but the movie itself was pretty darn scary. Especially the camera seen at the end.

From that same era, the original Nightstalker movie scared the crap out of me at the time.
Yeah she was kind of a dial tone In that performance, but for some reason it only heightened the suspense because you kept thinking about when those little buggers were going to reappear. And that camera scene is definitely the most memorable.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I watched The Shining at too young an age

The Shining was more a "W.T.F." than scary to me, having read and enjoyed the book first.
The "W.T.F." was the surprising axing of Dick Halloran, since he was ultimately the hero in the book, helping Wendy & Danny escape.
The movie ending was just too strange for me and not satisfying at all. But, they didn't have the CGI back then to turn the topiary into living creatures.

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Carrie was pretty scary. I saw that on a HS double date. After the movie we went to Mickey D's for a ice cream. The outside seating was on gravel and everyone looked at it, laughed and went ate somewhere else. It was a little too soon after the "gotcha" ending of that movie.

QuickDraw

The Best Is Yet To Come
Reaction Score
I snuck my little sister & cousin to see the Shining after we saw Grease in theaters, they were about 11-12 at the time. They didn't sleep well that night.
For me it was Carrie, when her hand came out of the ground at the end, that freaked me out

Reaction Score
Stranger Things. Not really scary, but hilarious and has monsters.
My wife and I love stranger things. Caught wind of it last year and watched all seasons on Netflix.

for those that have Netflix... give stranger things a try. Well worth a watch. Show is based in the 80’s and is well done.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My wife and I love stranger things. Caught wind of it last year and watched all seasons on Netflix.

for those that have Netflix... give stranger things a try. Well worth a watch. Show is based in the 80’s and is well done.

Got my Dustin Season 3 Camp Know Where outfit for Halloween this year. Hat, t shirt and socks. Just need a floppy hair wig and I'm good to go.

Reaction Score
If anyone is interested on page 14 of films worth viewing, I am currently introducing seasonal films. I cover films from silents to the current day.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Never was big on horror movies. Definitely saw Friday the 13th a few years too young. Especially because there was a Crystal Lake in CT.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Ever watch a movie you know going in is simply going to be about the sickest, unredeeming, perverted, disgusting, and morally repugnant waste of time you've ever experienced - but you're compelled to do so just to see how awful it could be?

Human Centipede.

Reaction Score
Tis the season of horror....

Not everyone likes scary movies, I get it. But once October comes around these movies always turn it’s ugly face around the corner and I always throw one on from time to time.

I’m curious to hear what you’ve watched in your lifetime that just scared the crap out of you (and I ain’t talking Hocus Pocus, although I will day it’s like Halloween’s version of a Christmas Story).

I’m not old enough to have seen the exorcist in theatres but my dad did. He said people were walking out and he swore someone puked.I know some of you guys were around to see it, same reaction?
The Thing (John Carpenter version) The Omen, The Shining, Candyman, The Fog, Sinister, The Wicker Man, Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, An American Werewolf in London (not super scary but excellent movie), IT (tv version), Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, Requiem for a Dream, Phantasm, We Need to Talk about Kevin, The Fly and pretty much anything else directed by David Cronenberg.

Netflix series Haunting of Hill House was good.

Reaction Score
Never was big on horror movies. Definitely saw Friday the 13th a few years too young. Especially because there was a Crystal Lake in CT.
Friday the 13th part 2 was filmed on Lake Waramaug in Warren, CT.

Reaction Score
Ever watch a movie you know going in is simply going to be about the sickest, unredeeming, perverted, disgusting, and morally repugnant waste of time you've ever experienced - but you're compelled to do so just to see how awful it could be?

Human Centipede.
I watched a movie called "Dread" years ago, it almost made me throw up and I had to shut it off.

Mister Wonderful

Even when I think I’m wrong, I’m right
Reaction Score
‘Raw’ was good if you like movies with hot chicks (who are also cannibals). Only drawback is that it is all in French and people threw up at Cannes watching it.

also recently saw Midsommar.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom