OT: Rockcats to Hartford? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Rockcats to Hartford?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Repercussion of announcement to move to Hartford:
In today's N.B. Herald: Adrian Baron, president of the Polonia Business Association of New Britain cancelled the annual Polish Night with the Rockcats due to the move. "Baron is encouraging association members to spend their money in museums, restaurants, festivals, the lawer events, & retail shops."
The natives are restless. No more Stanley the Dragon & Pierogi the Penguin at the ballpark.

there's going to be a lot of that now. Watch attendence go into the dumper too.

Reaction Score
I thought that was a well thought out presentation with actual case studies and numbers. The comparison between Hartford and similar cities seemed to to give proper context to the document.

If you want a new arena, the success of the ball park would seem key. The ball park study spends time showing trends in seating and amenities. A new arena should follow the same guidelines and be sold in the same way.

a ballpark and arena have nothing to do with each other. Hartford should be worrying about that civic center, not building something unrelated sports-wise.

Reaction Score
huh??? What are you talking about??? What concessions are being offered in Hartford? Is there a Minor League baseball stadium there that I haven't heard of??

Yes. Hartford does have a minor league stadium. It's called the XL Center. I'd suggest you compare those prices to NB. I believe the city controls the concessions at XL under their contract .

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Yes. Hartford does have a minor league stadium. It's called the XL Center. I'd suggest you compare those prices to NB. I believe the city controls the concessions at XL under their contract .
Global Spectrum enters a contract with a concessionaire. Think of it like rental property. The property manager generally does not own a property they manage, but they arrange for cleaning, plumber and electrician, as needed. The city does not set prices at the XL Center.

Reaction Score
Global Spectrum enters a contract with a concessionaire. Think of it like rental property. The property manager generally does not own a property they manage, but they arrange for cleaning, plumber and electrician, as needed. The city does not set prices at the XL Center.

I hate to prong this, but the city is part of the hiring process that brought Global Spectrum in after the bid process. Things like concessions are part of that contract (that is why the WolfPack doesn't particularly like that lease.) Also I understand the city also has special entertainment taxes on concessions. Is there a different reason to explain the significant differences in prices between NB and Hartford?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
You're comparing two different sports and two different venues, one that's not even built yet. I guess I don't quite see how your comparison works. I don't know if hockey concessions are generally more than baseball concessions in general in other places. So once again, your comparison isn't a good one. I'll cry over this being an issue when they open the stadium.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I'd rather have the Rock Cats and AA baseball stay in CT rather than be stuck with Short Season Low A baseball like what happened in Norwich

Reaction Score
Competition breeds new ideas. I liked the the Rockettes. Saw David Ortiz, Tori Hunter, Morneay Pierzynski among others. New Britain may pick up another team along the way to compete with Hartford. Good beer. Good sausage and pepper grinders.

Yes, the bud light there was simply exquisite. It was known far and wide that no one poured a better bud light than the concession workers at the Rockettes stadium.

Reaction Score
Yes, the bud light there was simply exquisite. It was known far and wide that no one poured a better bud light than the concession workers at the Rockettes stadium.

the beer selection there is pretty decent for a minor league park.

hygiene-4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc