OT: Ricky Tarrant to Memphis | The Boneyard

OT: Ricky Tarrant to Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
13+ppg last year for Alabama, plays PG and SG. This really helps their backcourt next year. He would have been a nice fit here, too, but I don't think we even reached out. Hopefully it's because we're working on a bigger prize.

Reaction Score
We need Houston, Central Florida and South Florida to be much better & I think they all will. We need Tulane and East Carolina to be more plucky. (and who knows)

UConn should be darn good & coming together. Memphis, Cincinnati, SMU, Cincinnati and us are a formidable 5; deserving of more than 2 bids for sure.

Reaction Score
Not sure how much value he adds, but USF got Angel Nunez from Gonzaga today, too.

Reaction Score
Not sure how much value he adds, but USF got Angel Nunez from Gonzaga today, too.
I was going to post if we had a shot at him. Well good for the league then.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
USF is losing Collins though, who was the only real player on that team.

Reaction Score
We need Houston, Central Florida and South Florida to be much better & I think they all will. We need Tulane and East Carolina to be more plucky. (and who knows)

UConn should be darn good & coming together. Memphis, Cincinnati, SMU, Cincinnati and us are a formidable 5; deserving of more than 2 bids for sure.
You mean Tulsa in that second Cincy spot?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
As much as I know all of us want out of the AAC ASAP, it's nice to see people on this board finally discussing (in general and at length) the potential positives of some of the teams in the league. It's something that has been said before, but we are stuck here for the immediate future so let's make the most of it...

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It's really never been the top of the league the last two seasons, it's the bottom half of the league that's just an RPI/SOS killer.

Reaction Score
He definitely seems like the Memphis type.
Sorry Calipari isn't here anymore. All kids under Pastner haven't been in legal trouble. Geron and Dixon had a fresh start coming here. Even if he is a questionable coach he is a very good disciplinarian when it comes to kids like Rasheed. I don't worry about our program being painted in a bad light as far as being on the news for the bad reasons.

Reaction Score
Sorry Calipari isn't here anymore. All kids under Pastner haven't been in legal trouble. Geron and Dixon had a fresh start coming here. Even if he is a questionable coach he is a very good disciplinarian when it comes to kids like Rasheed. I don't worry about our program being painted in a bad light as far as being on the news for the bad reasons.

You have to embrace the heel role, man. Raiders fans have such a good time. It's fun to have a team in the league that has questionable character guys, and Rasheed Sulaimon is a questionable-ass character guy.

Reaction Score
You have to embrace the heel role, man. Raiders fans have such a good time. It's fun to have a team in the league that has questionable character guys, and Rasheed Sulaimon is a questionable-ass character guy.

I don't have any clue what to make of Pastner. The guy will take any player with any background, but has suspended a dude in the past for excessive cursing. I really don't think he is sketchy/scummy but he is surely a poor coach.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I don't have any clue what to make of Pastner. The guy will take any player with any background, but has suspended a dude in the past for excessive cursing. I really don't think he is sketchy/scummy but he is surely a poor coach.
Yes, but the kid he suspended never had the talent to make it out on the floor. How many times has Shaq Goodwin used curse words when blocking a shot?...but of course, he has never been suspended or even benched.

Reaction Score
Now all we need is Rasheed Sulimon

I am really looking forward to following the RS recruitment. Assuming everything goes as planned and he becomes available in the near future. Memphis may certainly be a prime target (as you guys need a shooter) but Texas A & M and Gonzaga (and possibly a few more) will push for him. Especially if Lee doesn't end up in Spokane the Zags will look to add a talented 5th year guy to take over for Gary Bell Jr. Lee is already working with Synergy (sp) so the system that fits the best may be the choice. Originally I thought for sure Maryland but it may be less than 75% now. The idea of House and Sulaimon teaming up could be so much fun to watch from a hoops perspective. We will see. Hopefully the kid becomes a beast and takes advantage of any opportunity he gets. Only time will tell...

Reaction Score
I am really looking forward to following the RS recruitment. Assuming everything goes as planned and he becomes available in the near future. Memphis may certainly be a prime target (as you guys need a shooter) but Texas A & M and Gonzaga (and possibly a few more) will push for him. Especially if Lee doesn't end up in Spokane the Zags will look to add a talented 5th year guy to take over for Gary Bell Jr. Lee has already hired Synergy (sp) so the system that fits the best may be the choice. Originally I thought for sure Maryland but it may be less than 75% now. The idea of House and Sulaimon teaming up could be so much fun to watch from a hoops perspective. We will see. Hopefully the kid becomes a beast and takes advantage of any opportunity he gets. Only time will tell...
Pastner dad is Rasheed's AAU coach. A lot of Houston kids respect Hal Pastner's advise.

Reaction Score
Pastner dad is Rasheed's AAU coach. A lot of Houston kids respect Hal Pastner's advise.
So I am assuming the advise will be fair and objective???

The Final4 is in Houston. Put House and a revamped Rasheed together..in his hometown??? That must be tempting no? Move House to the 3. They originally offered.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So I am assuming the advise will be fair and objective???

The Final4 is in Houston. Put House and a revamped Rasheed together..in his hometown??? That must be tempting no? Move House to the 3. They originally offered.
Texas A&M. Might make the tourney this year but wouldn't be surprise if they didn't

Reaction Score

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/56744/ricky-Tarrant

If I were Kennedy or Few or whoever my first recruiting pitch against Memphis may be to look to the PG you will be playing with compared to ours. Perkins will be a distribute first stud and Caruso has already proven to be such.

Reaction Score
Texas A&M. Might make the tourney this year but wouldn't be surprise if they didn't

I don't love Kennedy but the roster right now without RS is still Sweet16 caliber. Actually I like Davis the least of the 4 recruits coming in. He is the highest ranked by the experts. Hogg (sp) is a stud. Just like Adams here at UConn he will prove it on the court. Tarrant is no Monte Morris by a long shot.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/56744/ricky-Tarrant

If I were Kennedy or Few or whoever my first recruiting pitch against Memphis may be to look to the PG you will be playing with compared to ours. Perkins will be a distribute first stud and Caruso has already proven to be such.
You ever stop to think that Tarrant had to play hero ball at his previous schools because he had no help. Pretty sure he will be happy to have big men like Austin Nichols, Shaq Goodwin, and Dedric Lawson. Also don't rule out Kedren Johnson getting back in shape and playing like the Kedren of old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom