OT: Rick Barnes | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Rick Barnes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Shaka's not on this list, but he's still pretty overrated. Since that Final Four run his team has mostly dominated a weak conference, but they've also failed to make it past the first weekend of the tournament each time.

"HAVOC" is a gimmick designed to disrupt weak teams and take advantage of indecision. When he runs up against a good team that actually prepares for it - as happens in the tournament - VCU gets exposed.

Reaction Score
Shaka's not on this list, but he's still pretty overrated. Since that Final Four run his team has mostly dominated a weak conference, but they've also failed to make it past the first weekend of the tournament each time.

"HAVOC" is a gimmick designed to disrupt weak teams and take advantage of indecision. When he runs up against a good team that actually prepares for it - as happens in the tournament - VCU gets exposed.

I don't think Smart has even won a regular season title (maybe his first year?). He has one CAA tourney and one A10 tourney title, and that 2011 run in the tourney. Outside of that, its been ho-hum first weekend stuff in the NCAA's. He really should jump at the next good gig.

Reaction Score
I don't think Smart has even won a regular season title (maybe his first year?). He has one CAA tourney and one A10 tourney title, and that 2011 run in the tourney. Outside of that, its been ho-hum first weekend stuff in the NCAA's. He really should jump at the next good gig.
I think if he sits tight one more year, he'll get his choice of Indiana, UNC or Texas.

Reaction Score
Guess that one missed.

Hardoooo.

It wasn't a joke, it was an observation. If you're not interested, or you don't understand, that's not my issue. You're not nearly as clever as you seem to be, and frankly you seem like a huge nerd so that's too bad for you, I guess.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Hardoooo.

It wasn't a joke, it was an observation. If you're not interested, or you don't understand, that's not my issue. You're not nearly as clever as you seem to be, and frankly you seem like a huge nerd so that's too bad for you, I guess.
He was being facetious.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He talks out of his ass more often than not - he likes the sound of his voice and people like him because he's basically non-critical of their teams, but he's not a particularly deep-thinker.
He's dumbed down. Probably told to do so.

Reaction Score
boog204 said:
Has there ever been a coach who has done less w/ more than Rick Barnes? Every year his team is loaded and every year they do nothing.

Yeah there is, and he's in the same state. I wouldn't want either coach but I'd take Rick Barnes over Scott drew at Baylor any day

Reaction Score
one person on this board consistently appears to be obsessed with #1: trying to tough talk everyone else, #2: making sure everyone understands that he's the coolest guy in the room, #3 repeating #1 and #2

that "frankly you seem like a huge nerd" to me is such a deflection.

I picture this guy as 400lbs, stinking of BO, homepage is www.youjizz.com, coolest guy in the mothereffing room no matter the room

Reaction Score
Hardoooo.

You'd be surprised. Huge nerd is in these days.

Reaction Score
one person on this board consistently appears to be obsessed with #1: trying to tough talk everyone else, #2: making sure everyone understands that he's the coolest guy in the room, #3 repeating #1 and #2

that "frankly you seem like a huge nerd" to me is such a deflection.

I picture this guy as 400lbs, stinking of BO, homepage is www.youjizz.com, coolest guy in the mothereffing room no matter the room

In his defense, I did call him an idiot, and it probably seemed pretty hostile to anyone who didn't get what was a pretty obscure reference.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
As a lawyer he argued a Fourth Circuit case on laches in the copyright context that gets cited pretty frequently, so your post is not entirely true.
I bet he didn't write the brief.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
In his defense, I did call him an idiot, and it probably seemed pretty hostile to anyone who didn't get what was a pretty obscure reference.
Even if you didn't get the reference, it was pretty clear it was referencing something and not just a lashing out.
Now I'm mad at myself for wasting brain power on this.

Reaction Score
Even if you didn't get the reference, it was pretty clear it was referencing something and not just a lashing out.
Now I'm mad at myself for wasting brain power on this.

Yeah, this is pretty stupid.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Bilas has a law degree. He was trying to be cheeky. Why do so many have to be dicks on the boneyard now. People seem to just insult each other constantly, not like the old yard.

We used to insult people on the old Yard, you long-winded nincompoop!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Texas is about to announce a new arena, right along the river in downtown Austin. Gonna be insane.

Why? Their current BB fans don't exactly overwhelm the turnstiles. After the initial novelty of a new arena wears off rather quickly, unless they've got a winning team on the court, what's different? They can't fill their present 16,000 seat arena as it is.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Why? Their current BB fans don't exactly overwhelm the turnstiles. After the initial novelty of a new arena wears off rather quickly, unless they've got a winning team on the court, what's different? They can't fill their present 16,000 seat arena as it is.

Irwin Center is outdated, they want to keep getting NCAA subregionals and need a nicer facility to do it, they want to put the school of pharmacy where the Irwin Center is, because they can...

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Irwin Center is outdated, they want to keep getting NCAA subregionals and need a nicer facility to do it, they want to put the school of pharmacy where the Irwin Center is, because they can...

That's true. They can do anything they want. They've got more money than God. They get 2/3 of the Permanent University School Fund. Texas A&M gets 1/3.

That's what's so amazing. With all that oil and gas royalty money pouring in, how can they not be winning multiple national championships every season, in a bunch of different sports? Their football program has sucked for the past few seasons, by their standards, and their BB program is arguably the worst underachieving program in the country, considering the vast resources at their disposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom