OT: Rich Rod fired at Arizona... | The Boneyard

OT: Rich Rod fired at Arizona...

Reaction Score
So the school conducted a 10 week investigation and found no evidence to support these allegations. They fired him for having an affair? That’s what this world has come to?

Reaction Score
So the school conducted a 10 week investigation and found no evidence to support these allegations. They fired him for having an affair? That’s what this world has come to?
Guilty even after proven innocent I guess.

Reaction Score

According to his attorney... the article also says that the person making the allegations refused to cooperate with the school's investigation, which I am almost sure is at the advice of her lawyer. If you're objectively reading this, it's not possible to come to the conclusion that he was proven innocent. There was obviously enough smoke there for the university to make this move (probably combined with the fact that he's had some pretty mediocre-to-bad teams recently).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
According to his attorney... the article also says that the person making the allegations refused to cooperate with the school's investigation, which I would am almost sure is at the advice of her lawyer. If you're objectively reading this, it's not possible to come to the conclusion that he was proven innocent. There was obviously enough smoke there for the university to make this move (probably combined with the fact that he's had some pretty mediocre-to-bad teams recently).

Then why are they paying him his full buyout? I’m not coming to the conclusion that he’s innocent. The school’s own investigation concluded there was no evidence whatsoever to support these allegations.

Reaction Score
Then why are they paying him his full buyout? I’m not coming to the conclusion that he’s innocent. The school’s own investigation concluded there was no evidence whatsoever to support these allegations.
Any number of reasons. To limit their liability, because their probably isn't enough evidence to fully get them out of their obligation, to avoid an extended legal battle over it, to avoid negative media coverage, because his teams haven't been great for a while. Pick any number of them. The school's investigation, again, didn't even have access to the accuser (again, almost certainly due to the advice of her attorney).

Reaction Score
According to his attorney... the article also says that the person making the allegations refused to cooperate with the school's investigation, which I am almost sure is at the advice of her lawyer. If you're objectively reading this, it's not possible to come to the conclusion that he was proven innocent. There was obviously enough smoke there for the university to make this move (probably combined with the fact that he's had some pretty mediocre-to-bad teams recently).

Maybe a stupid question - but if you made allegations against someone, why would your attorney tell you to not cooperate in the investigation? Should she then have not made the allegations at all?

Reaction Score
Apparently they investigated the claim with a PI and while they did not find anything related to this claim, they dug up other things. The rumor is that he knocked up a WVU cheerleader back in the day

Reaction Score
Maybe a stupid question - but if you made allegations against someone, why would your attorney tell you to not cooperate in the investigation? Should she then have not made the allegations at all?
Because you have your eye on a bigger prize...a lawsuit against him personally and against the school....'pattern of bad behavior', 'failure to oversee his conduct' etc. Bigger pay day is why you don't....

Reaction Score
Probably to keep them guessing and see if the school would blink first, $$$ wise. He can always argue that the allegations were a form of cooperation anyway and a complaint of sorts.

Reaction Score
Wonder if any of that staff or roster is interested in hanging out in Storrs CT for a little while????

I know it’s your gimmick but have you ever seen U of A’s campus? I’m thinking kids would be less than interested in hanging out in Storrs.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I can't remember the last time I walked around the office without either scratching, rubbing or exposing myself in some way.

I work from home but it's a scary world we live in.

Reaction Score
I work from home but it's a scary world we live in.
In what sense? That there are people that feel this sort of behavior is acceptable at work? I’ve seen people go down for this sort of thing and guess what, it’s never some unwarranted witch hunt. Some people are either totally oblivious to the line or willfully encroach on it and the vast majority will still never see any repercussions.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
In what sense? That there are people that feel this sort of behavior is acceptable at work? I’ve seen people go down for this sort of thing and guess what, it’s never some unwarranted witch hunt. Some people are either totally oblivious to the line or willfully encroach on it and the vast majority will still never see any repercussions.

It was just a joke and I agree with everything you wrote.

Reaction Score
If they had proof that he did 10% of that he would’ve been fired with cause and they wouldn’t owe him a wooden nickle.

Section 3 in this article talks about that (likens it to Petino situation):

Reaction Score
It was just a joke and I agree with everything you wrote.
Sorry, hard to get the tenor of that, especially in this post where everything seems to be met with derision and we're one step away from some of these guys talking about "men's rights".

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
We think we're so modern and enlightened. We're no different than the people of Salem, Mass. back in the 1680's with their witch hunts. All it takes is an accusation of racism or infidelity and you are history. Your life is ruined.

It's really scary.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom