OT: Remember when the NCAA let UNC off the hook? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Remember when the NCAA let UNC off the hook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes, I know. And if you read this board, "are=our," "hear=here," "lose=loose," "you're=your," and my personal favorite, "riddance=riddens."
I guess I categorize are/our as more egregious.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't put much stake in grammar as a sign of intelligence anymore. The texting generation seems to have serious writing issues.

Reaction Score
You are incredibly uniformed about the APR, how it works, what exactly caused UConn to punished, how the standards were changed and retroactive numbers were used so that it was mathmatically impossible for UConn to be compliance, and that if the most up to date figures were used, we'd be post season eligible. It's been discussed ad nauseum on the board, so I won't rehash it. In the words of the great Jim Calhoun..."get some facts and come back and see me."

I definitely know how it works, how we are being screwed, and everything else... I'm just sick of seeing posts where the argument is merely that Kentucky et al are beating the system while we "forced" our players to be true student athletes and we are in part reaping the consequences. When I was there (98-02), everyone knew that student-athlete, at least with the men's team, was an incredible oxymoron.

Reaction Score
I definitely know how it works, how we are being screwed, and everything else... I'm just sick of seeing posts where the argument is merely that Kentucky et al are beating the system while we "forced" our players to be true student athletes and we are in part reaping the consequences. When I was there (98-02), everyone knew that student-athlete, at least with the men's team, was an incredible oxymoron.

To be fair, the players basically have to treat basketball as a full time job. It's ridiculous how time consuming it is for them. Not to mention how tiring it has to be.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Do they still offer geology aka "rocks for jocks"?

Reaction Score
Do they still offer geology aka "rocks for jocks"?

I took it my senior year... I actually felt quite bad for the professor as it seemed maybe 10% of the class would actually show up. My buddy and I alternated going so I was at maybe 1/2 the classes.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I took it my senior year... I actually felt quite bad for the professor as it seemed maybe 10% of the class would actually show up. My buddy and I alternated going so I was at maybe 1/2 the classes.

So you are critical of the athletes in the class but you feel that your degree was earned? Tell you what, why don't you just admit to academic fraud, turn in your diploma and call it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom