OT-Promise last giants post. | The Boneyard

OT-Promise last giants post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
It seemed only fitting that another tipped for interception (and score) end the season for the Gints. .Fox was really keying in on Coaches family. Before, during and after game. The whole family with the same T-Shirts. Somebody trying to send a message? This team always found a way to let the other team win.

I am still pumped from last nights game. so the sting of the Giants wasn't that bad. A real head shaker. Now, who goes, who stays. Where do you rebuild? How do you stop injuries first week of training camp? Cruz done? So many questions, so little time.

GO HUSKY'S!!

Reaction Score
As a Giants fan I could not be happier we lost. Difference between a win and loss could be about 9 draft slots.

Nothing will change with this team until Reese and Marc Ross are working elsewhere. The "talent" they have drafted and signed has been pathetic. It is shame that Mara is too loyal and will give these two idiots another chance to prove their incompetence.

Reaction Score
I can't wait for next year's game vrs the Rams in London next year.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I hate to root for a loss, but the draft selection is big and more importantly we swap out a road game at Seattle for a neutral site game in London against the Rams.

In addition we'll play at home against Saints instead of the Falcons.

Reaction Score
Always want to win, but was not upset we lost. Typical Giants 2015 loss, had a chance to go up 2 scores, instead turnover leads to getting behind and never recovered. This defense was atrocious, oh my God they were bad this year.

Reaction Score
Not on Spagnola but the defense was awful Between injuries and pitiful depth this was not a competitive defense and gave up the most years per game in the NFL. That's not Giants football, time to get back there.

Reaction Score
Coughlin out.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/661060211432669184/duckuJpo-9_normal.jpg AdamSchefter
Tom Coughlin has informed his coaching staff that the Giants are making a head coaching change, source tells ESPN.
1/4/16, 2:13 PM

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Coughlin out.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/661060211432669184/duckuJpo-9_normal.jpg AdamSchefter
Tom Coughlin has informed his coaching staff that the Giants are making a head coaching change, source tells ESPN.
No mystery there. It's time.

I like McAdoo but I'm wary that he has no HC experience. Then again, Philly may hire him if we don't give him the job, and I would hate to see that happen. I would like to see Payton as our next HC, but I don't want to lose McAdoo--especially not to another team within the division.

Reaction Score
Coughlin out.

It was clearly time. He was an absolute disaster from a clock management standpoint this year, especially in the Cowboys week 1 and in the Pats game. GM needs to go too, the team doesn't seem like they have depth anywhere on the roster, not sure how you can draft so many complete duds on a yearly basis and keep your job.

Reaction Score
Not on Spagnola but the defense was awful Between injuries and pitiful depth this was not a competitive defense and gave up the most years per game in the NFL. That's not Giants football, time to get back there.
When your best /only pass rusher plays one handed you can't win. The GM has had a lot more misses that hits. He needs to go. It's probably time for Tom too but a coaching change without upgraded personnel won't accomplish anything. I've got to hand it to Eli and Odell, for the most part they kept us from being a total embarrassment. I disagree about Spags. He couldn't figure out once how to stop a team from driving with less than 2 minutes to go? Personnel or not you need something up your sleeve. Lord knows they had plenty of practice. Oh well it's Husky time and Porzingas

Reaction Score
If the Giants talent was so bad, why were they ahead or tied after 58 minutes in over ten games? Did the talent suddenly disappear in the last two minutes?

Or was it the coach who threw away six potential victories with bad decisions and horrible clock management.

Tough to blame Reese when the team is competitive and the coach blows games.

Reaction Score
If the Giants talent was so bad, why were they ahead or tied after 58 minutes in over ten games? Did the talent suddenly disappear in the last two minutes?

Or was it the coach who threw away six potential victories with bad decisions and horrible clock management.

Honestly, I cannot image someone who follows the Giants and knows their roster who thinks Reese has done anything but a terrible job. I refuse to believe there are people that stupid out there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Have you seen the Giants drafts lately?

Reaction Score

Maybe their both to blame

Reaction Score
Sadly Reese is being retained.

Anyone who thinks Reese has done a decent job look at the drafts from say 2009-2013 along with FA signings over the years and get back to me.

The defense was what failed every game because it wore down and had zero depth. Spags did a great job with smoke and mirrors keeping the defense from completely letting the games get out of hand. Look at the defense stats for the Giants over the recent years, it is not on coaching it is on a dearth of talent

Reaction Score
Honestly, I cannot image someone who follows the Giants and knows their roster who thinks Reese has done anything but a terrible job. I refuse to believe their are people that stupid out there.
Of 42 draft picks made, they got 11 starters and 12 backups, with 19 either being out of the league or on other teams and 13 not even making it to the end of their rookie deal.

Want more damning evidence? Of the 2012 draft class, a class assembled just four short years ago that should be hitting its stride right about now, only receiver Rueben Randle and defensive tackle Markus Kuhn remain—and both are unlikely to be on the roster in 2016.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rk-giants-front-office-and-coaching-structure

Reaction Score
Of 42 draft picks made, they got 11 starters and 12 backups, with 19 either being out of the league or on other teams and 13 not even making it to the end of their rookie deal.

Want more damning evidence? Of the 2012 draft class, a class assembled just four short years ago that should be hitting its stride right about now, only receiver Rueben Randle and defensive tackle Markus Kuhn remain—and both are unlikely to be on the roster in 2016.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rk-giants-front-office-and-coaching-structure
I mean Giants fan know how bad he has been, anyone who backs Reese legit has no idea what they are talking about.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I cannot image someone who follows the Giants and knows their roster who thinks Reese has done anything but a terrible job. I refuse to believe their are people that stupid out there.

Ever since Reese drafted JPP he has had this infatuation with hitting a hr with project players in the draft and its pretty much failed, for example the JPP of Tight Ends in Adrien Robinson.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I cannot image someone who follows the Giants and knows their roster who thinks Reese has done anything but a terrible job. I refuse to believe there are people that stupid out there.

The team was hit hard with unforeseeable injuries. Reese played the waiver wire and practice squad game to keep a team on the field. And he put together a very competitive squad. it's not his fault that Coughlin can't read a clock.

Reese is well respected in NFL circles. He is going nowhere.

Reaction Score
The team was hit hard with unforeseeable injuries. Reese played the waiver wire and practice squad game to keep a team on the field. And he put together a very competitive squad. it's not his fault that Coughlin can't read a clock.

Reese is well respected in NFL circles. He is going nowhere.
Wow, talk about not knowing what you are talking about.

List me Reese's great draft picks outside of ODB, JPP and Ritchburg over the last 6 years?

Tommy C messed up the clock a few games, but please explain to me how great the roster was last year when we went 6-10, or 7-9 before that?

Reese built terrible depth on this team, former players called him out for it. Eli alluded to it yesterday. His ignoring of the LB position has cost this team over the years so many games.

He is not going anywhere because the Giants do not fire GMs and Mara is loyal to a fault not because Reese is some genius.

Someone who follows the team for a living:

Dan Graziano ‏@DanGrazianoESPN 18h18 hours ago
Dan Graziano Retweeted Ron Kelley

I can confirm. The mess is total.

Dan Graziano added,

Ron Kelley @ronkel7
@DanGrazianoESPN @trinaldi76 @dpbrugler GMen need every position on Defense and more OL, TE and WR ... The roster is a total mess!

But sure Reese is doing a bang up job!

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Sadly Reese is being retained.

Anyone who thinks Reese has done a decent job look at the drafts from say 2009-2013 along with FA signings over the years and get back to me.

The defense was what failed every game because it wore down and had zero depth. Spags did a great job with smoke and mirrors keeping the defense from completely letting the games get out of hand. Look at the defense stats for the Giants over the recent years, it is not on coaching it is on a dearth of talent
I would like to see 3rd down conversion stats. No, not of the Giants offense other teams offense. Did not matter, 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 20. the defense allowed more first downs I have ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom