OT- Prettiest spot in CT. | The Boneyard

OT- Prettiest spot in CT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Connecticut is a pretty scenic state, let's here some of our favorite pieces of architecture, scenery, slice of nature etc.

Reaction Score
I think the Guilford Green is quintessential Connecticut. Pretty, historic, functional and only a short walk to the water.

And I'll throw out Harkness Park in Waterford as an under-appreciated gem.
Harkness Park is a beautiful place but hard to find, I only know about it because I live in the Waterford area.

Reaction Score
Mystic River and Seaport, as viewed from the snack shack next door.

CT River from the Rte. 82 East Haddam Bridge.

Harkness

Kent Falls

Branford College courtyard, Yale

Bluff Point State Park

The Rose Farm in Bolton

The drive along Route 146 from Branford to Guilford.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Harkness Park is a beautiful place but hard to find, I only know about it because I live in the Waterford area.
So I googled Harkness State Park and found this photo:
wedding_engagement_vintage_photo_eolia_mansion_harkness_park_waterford_ct_23.jpg

If this doesn't beg for a caption this photo thread I don't know what does. I'm thinking something like:
"Pilgrim detective captures alleged Michael Jackson wardrobe thief." But I'm sure someone else can do better.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The drive along Route 146 from Branford to Guilford.
That is a beautiful drive, but more often than not the bikes ruin it for me--and I'm a biker. It's an absolutely brutal place to have bikes and cars interacting because it is so scenic but you really have to focus on the road instead. When I am on a bike I feel like I'm either holding up a mile of traffic or about to get killed. When I am in a car I feel like I am either going to drive into the water or kill a biker.

Reaction Score
Mystic, Stonington borough ,Main Street in old Lyme , Essex main st. Whaling captains, owners homes in south cove old Saybrook,Rt 33 from Westport to Ridgefield. Ridgefield main st.

Reaction Score
I hear the north end of Hartford is a lovely place for a midnight stroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom