OT - "Pour one out for the old Big East kings: UConn, Cuse, Georgetown in down years" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - "Pour one out for the old Big East kings: UConn, Cuse, Georgetown in down years"

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm going to stop after a post by Mr Pessimistic, guess again!

It's not pessimism it's just reality. Keep waving your pom poms and convincing yourself that Ollie is doing a good job.

Reaction Score
It's not pessimism it's just reality. Keep waving your pom poms and convincing yourself that Ollie is doing a good job.

No pom poms here I live in reality. They aren't good, shouldn't be good but I don't need to remind everyone every game about it, I'm not an idiot. I look for the good because we are what we are either accept it or act like a spoiled fool and keep up the routine of enjoying the losses one by one. Must be the life of the party during the UConn games, maybe you drink every turnover? Nice

Reaction Score
Man it's not true. They aren't good but so you understand my issue of using "BAD BAD BAD" vs "BAD"? If not then don't respond, he went out of his way to make it even worst than it obviously is, not sure what you don't get. He drifted quickly over the injuries which anyone with any sense of knowledge wouldn't do, it hurt this team in a big way. And while they have not been good they have been competitive and worked their a**es off, any basketball guy wouldn't go out of his way to bury them deeper unless he had an agenda. Sorry you disagree, but I do!

Semantics at this point. I'm not trying to bash you mau or engage in an endless back and forth. You're one of the best and most passionate posters on here.

I was more responding to my frustration around here lately where posters refuse to allow any criticism of the program. And freak out over every negative point and perceive it as unwarranted bashing no matter how true it may be.

In my opinion what norlander said was More or less true. We're 228th in kenpoms adjusted O this year. That's pretty bad bad bad in my opinion! If you want to label it as simply bad then that's fine too. That's not really the point tho. It doesn't change anything.

Everyone on here is frustrated over this year. And to some extend the last few years. I don't think it's unfair when posters point out legitimate concerns. And I don't think hey need to be labeled hacks or fair weather fans (not saying you did this just now, this is a general point).

Reaction Score
Semantics at this point. I'm not trying to bash you mau or engage in an endless back and forth. You're one of the best and most passionate posters on here.

I was more responding to my frustration around here lately where posters refuse to allow any criticism of the program. And freak out over every negative point and perceive it as unwarranted bashing no matter how true it may be.

In my opinion what norlander said was More or less true. We're 228th in kenpoms adjusted O this year. That's pretty bad bad bad in my opinion! If you want to label it as simply bad then that's fine too. That's not really the point tho. It doesn't change anything.

Everyone on here is frustrated over this year. And to some extend the last few years. I don't think it's unfair when posters point out legitimate concerns. And I don't think hey need to be labeled hacks or fair weather fans (not saying you did this just now, this is a general point).

This place has become a sanctuary for "hopeful huskies" who look at our program right now and shrug their shoulders and say "well this is fine."

Reaction Score
Sadly, we may see less and less of these articles about "powerhouses" having down years, as our seasons continue to dwindle to middle of the AAC standings, and national writers just considering us a "non-powerhouse." Hopefully this program can pick up some steam and dominate one of the worst conferences in college ball in the coming years.
Worst conference in college ball? Wha??? I could find a dozen, easily, that are worse.

Reaction Score
This place has become a sanctuary for "hopeful huskies" who look at our program right now and shrug their shoulders and say "well this is fine."
It's amazing, you really do have close to a 1:1 ridiculous nonsense/post ratio.

Reaction Score

All good H-A-D. I get it now, misread and I agree legit concerns are there. Negative everyday whining and piling on isn't acceptable and its been rampant, wasn't where you were going like others. We all know they aren't that good and things need to change right? In the meantime I somehow find a way to engage my fandom in every game, admittedly not easy but do so with the hope of what we expect on the horizon. All we can do!

Reaction Score
All good H-A-D. I get it now, misread and I agree legit concerns are there. Negative everyday whining and piling on isn't acceptable and its been rampant, wasn't where you were going like others. We all know they aren't that good and things need to change right? In the meantime I somehow find a way to engage my fandom in every game, admittedly not easy but do so with the hope of what we expect on the horizon. All we can do!

Agreed. We're in this together! Everyone on here needs a big bounce back year next year. As does the program. Let's hope we get it.

Reaction Score
The entire 9 team, classic Big East that once sent 3 teams to the Final Four, would likely be a one bid league this year. Aside from the 3 teams in the article, Pitt is in a state of collapse. BC is better than they've been, but far from a tournament team. PC and Seton Hall aren't bad, but have taken a step back from the last couple of years, and St. John's is still a weakling. If you look at the teams that have joined the BE after the classic era, it's a totally different story. Louisville, Cincy, WVU, Xavier, Creighton, Butler, Virginia Tech, and Marquette, are all likely headed to the dance.

Reaction Score
The entire 9 team, classic Big East that once sent 3 teams to the Final Four, would likely be a one bid league this year. Aside from the 3 teams in the article, Pitt is in a state of collapse. BC is better than they've been, but far from a tournament team. PC and Seton Hall aren't bad, but have taken a step back from the last couple of years, and St. John's is still a weakling. If you look at the teams that have joined the BE after the classic era, it's a totally different story. Louisville, Cincy, WVU, Xavier, Creighton, Butler, Virginia Tech, and Marquette, are all likely headed to the dance.

Thank you for this information?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom