OT - "Pour one out for the old Big East kings: UConn, Cuse, Georgetown in down years" | The Boneyard

OT - "Pour one out for the old Big East kings: UConn, Cuse, Georgetown in down years"

Reaction Score
Yeah but he also stresses "bad, bad, bad offensive team" and "subpar basketball team in a bad conference"

Guy tried to make light about the Big Eats then proved to be the hack he is, he enjoyed the slaying of the Huskies in that video .

Reaction Score
Yeah but he also stresses "bad, bad, bad offensive team" and "subpar basketball team in a bad conference"

Guy tried to make light about the Big Eats then proved to be the hack he is, he enjoyed the slaying of the Huskies in that video f'm.

And which part of "bad, bad, bad offensive team" and "subpar basketball team in a bad conference" is untrue exactly??

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We've got enough guys out for the season to field another team. We're down to 6 players. Kind of silly to ask if we are headed in the right direction.

Reaction Score
And which part of "bad, bad, bad offensive team" and "subpar basketball team in a bad conference" is untrue exactly??

Yeah they suck you're right. :eek:

Can it be bad and not 3 of them as well as subpar and bad again we get it Matt, but I know there's Husky fans that like this I get that. We have a pitiful fan base I forgot my bad

Reaction Score
Yeah they suck you're right. :eek:

Can it be bad and not 3 of them as well as subpar and bad again we get it Matt, but I know there's Husky fans that like this I get that. We have a pitiful fan base I forgot my bad

Huh? Not sure what you're trying to say here.

You called him a hack and quoted his piece as evidence. I questioned your quote by asking which part was untrue. Your implication being that it must be untrue or else you wouldn't call him a hack.

So can you actually respond to my question? What did he say that was untrue or bias against us?

Btw who says I like this? If you take a look at my recent posts you will see constant bi***ing about the state of the program. Trust me I don't like this at all.

Reaction Score
Huh? Not sure what you're trying to say here.

You called him a hack and quoted his piece as evidence. I questioned your quote by asking which part was untrue. Your implication being that it must be untrue or else you wouldn't call him a hack.

So can you actually respond to my question? What did he say that was untrue or bias against us?

Btw who says I like this? If you take a look at my recent posts you will see constant bi***ing about the state of the program. Trust me I don't like this at all.

I did respond read it. He didn't have to have multiple adjectives to describe his point was made and he's making a mockery of the program we root for during a tough time. He basically said the injuries aside, so screw him anyone thinking this is good stuff is whacked, he's a hack who gets off on seeing your team thrown dow the toilet. If it's good with you then I'm okay with that. I believe you don;t enjoy this season, but this guy is adding "insult to injury".

Reaction Score
I did respond read it. He didn't have to have multiple adjectives to describe his point was made and he's making a mockery of the program we root for during a tough time. He basically said the injuries aside, so screw him anyone thinking this is good stuff is whacked, he's a hack who gets off on seeing your team thrown dow the toilet. If it's good with you then I'm okay with that. I believe you don;t enjoy this season, but this guy is adding "insult to injury".

But that wasn't your initial point that I replied to. You called him a hack and I simply pointed out that what he said was true (unfortunately).

Just because I acknowledge something is true doesn't mean I like it.

For example: we are in the American conference. Factually true, and yet I despise this fact.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score

Guy tried to make light about the Big Eats then proved to be the hack he is, he enjoyed the slaying of the Huskies in that video f'm.
I didn't find the author of the article or the guy on the video to be off base. UConn has been a bad offense team (although better the last 10 games) and the ACC is weaker overall this year compared to previous years. This season is no fun for us but UConn is having their worst season in 30 years and the media will write and speak about it. I'd rather they appear in an article about how the mighty have fallen than have no mention at all. Hopefully this time next year we will be excited about the article on how quickly UConn got back on top.

Reaction Score
Norlander is a moron. Injuries "that did alter the season"? he's saying that because we lost to Wagner and Northeastern even with a full roster we would have been total crap the rest of the way.

Reaction Score
Pour one out for the old Big East kings: UConn, Cuse, Georgetown in down years

Great article, Norlander really seems to get what the Big East was all about and the Northeast powerhouses. Wish he brought more attention to the crazy injury bug we've had but the stats aren't too forgiving.

Injuries have obviously been huge for us; but the "excuse" becomes irrelevant when we factor in that the only two games we had both Gilbert and Larrier were losses, at home, against cupcakes.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
To be honest, the game that Gilbert played his best basketball as a Huskie was the same game he got hurt. We got a brief glimpse and minutes later he was gone for the season. That's life. This is a tough, cruel season. Winter is cold . Our crops were wiped out and our fishing nets came back empty. Let's keep our heads up like the team and coaches and stop crying. We are champions.

Reaction Score
Sadly, we may see less and less of these articles about "powerhouses" having down years, as our seasons continue to dwindle to middle of the AAC standings, and national writers just considering us a "non-powerhouse." Hopefully this program can pick up some steam and dominate one of the worst conferences in college ball in the coming years.

Reaction Score
Sadly, we may see less and less of these articles about "powerhouses" having down years, as our seasons continue to dwindle to middle of the AAC standings, and national writers just considering us a "non-powerhouse." Hopefully this program can pick up some steam and dominate one of the worst conferences in college ball in the coming years.
lol

Reaction Score
"One of the worst conferences in college ball"

Do people even follow non-UConn college basketball anymore?
For context: Four of the top 14 non-power conference teams are from the AAC:

A fifth (Temple) has two wins over top 10 teams. A sixth (Tulsa) is 7-1 in the conference, and a 7th (UCF) is... idk, I'll say "half-decent."

The AAC isn't the old Big East, and it's not even the new Big East. But it's better than most folks are willing to admit.

We'll be fine.

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
For context: Four of the top 14 non-power conference teams are from the AAC:

A fifth (Temple) has two wins over top 10 teams. A sixth (Tulsa) is 7-1 in the conference, and a 7th (UCF) is... idk, I'll say "half-decent."

The AAC isn't the old Big East, and it's not even the new Big East. But it's better than most folks are willing to admit.

We'll be fine.
i'd say the big 10, acc, pac 12, big east, big 12, sec, aac... sec doesnt impress me neither does thebig 12

Reaction Score
i'd say the big 10, acc, pac 12, big east, big 12, sec, aac... sec doesnt impress me neither does thebig 12
The Big 12 is brutal this year. Kanasa & Baylor both 18-1, K-State, WVU, Iowa State all are tournament teams, and even Texas Tech & TCU are feisty. I think they're the second-best conference this season, while the Big 10 is mostly trash.

Reaction Score
But that wasn't your initial point that I replied to. You called him a hack and I simply pointed out that what he said was true (unfortunately).

Just because I acknowledge something is true doesn't mean I like it.

For example: we are in the American conference. Factually true, and yet I despise this fact.

Man it's not true. They aren't good but so you understand my issue of using "BAD BAD BAD" vs "BAD"? If not then don't respond, he went out of his way to make it even worst than it obviously is, not sure what you don't get. He drifted quickly over the injuries which anyone with any sense of knowledge wouldn't do, it hurt this team in a big way. And while they have not been good they have been competitive and worked their a**es off, any basketball guy wouldn't go out of his way to bury them deeper unless he had an agenda. Sorry you disagree, but I do!

Reaction Score
Injuries have obviously been huge for us; but the "excuse" becomes irrelevant when we factor in that the only two games we had both Gilbert and Larrier were losses, at home, against cupcakes.

C'mon boog it is not irrelevant. They were going to be slow with their chemistry we knew that going in. They were horrible losses no doubting that but who was Kentan Facey in the first 2 games? Who is he now? Can you imagine the other 2 guys, added to Facey's improvement and the chemistry they would have found after a few games? They wouldn't be sitting on the bubble or anything but they would be relevant and certainly someone to be concerned about Feb-March I have no doubt. Not saying 13-6 but 11-8? Yeah.....

Reaction Score
C'mon boog it is not irrelevant. They were going to be slow with their chemistry we knew that going in. They were horrible losses no doubting that but who was Kentan Facey in the first 2 games? Who is he now? Can you imagine the other 2 guys, added to Facey's improvement and the chemistry they would have found after a few games? They wouldn't be sitting on the bubble or anything but they would be relevant and certainly someone to be concerned about Feb-March I have no doubt. Not saying 13-6 but 11-8? Yeah.....

Just stop. We have been terrible since day 1.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom