OT: Post-Championship Recruiting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Post-Championship Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Just wait until later today when they get Brandon Ingram.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
If Danny Ainge's son, whom I'll again point out is named Crew, ends up playing at Duke, does he instantly become the most punchable player in all of college basketball? I thought Grayson Allen had that on lockdown for the next few years, but this is a pretty serious threat to the title.

I've agreed with a great majority of your points, and I can tell I generally feel similar or take a similar mindset approach to a lot of the "discussions" around here…and when Allen committed, I heard that exact point a few different places and I agreed that he'd eventually take that mantle…

Problem is, I LOVE Grayson Allen. When I watched his vids from HS (obv I know they're just highlights) I just loved his game, the moves/movements he made, etc. Certain types of guys don't do it for me based on their style of play, and then also vice versa…Adams, Napier, Trimble are examples of the "style" of guard play I like, and I instantly fell in love with Allen's smooth game. And for whatever reason, even aside from his game style, his look, attitude, how hard he plays just didn't scream D-B ANNOYING DOOK PLAYER.

He's one of the reasons I liked Duke's team this year more than almost every team, def liked them more than UK, all year. I thought they were a better, and GASP more likable team than almost any other Duke team and many teams in the country this past year. And Allen was pretty timid and non-impactful throughout the year, so people were surprised at his impact towards the end of the year, but I expected that earlier. I thought watching them earlier in the year if you knew his game you could see he was playing like a timid, unsure freshman. Once he got a bigger role and a little confidence back, he showed some stuff and I think he's going to be a really good wing player.

And the ultimate point, again, is that somehow I don't hate him as a Duke kid and I generally always hate the Duke kids. He's got all the markings, but it just doesn't fit for me. Just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents, I have liked GA a lot since I first saw him play.

Reaction Score
I was wrong. Dumb post.
In Duke's case it would have been nice if you were right and they struggled for 1 lousy year to put a decent roster together. For them it's like going into the backyard to pick money off a tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom