OT: Porzingis Available? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Porzingis Available?

Reaction Score
Zach Lowe (as well as other sources) reporting that the asking price for KP seems to be ridiculously high. Might be more of a gauging interest thing on the Knicks part. I'd be fine with the Celts offering this year's pick, the Memphis and/or Clips picks a couple years down the line, and Crowder for KP, don't know if I'd go much more than that though.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I just think theres zero chance NO ever considers trading Davis. If they do the entire front office deserves to be fired, even if the haul tey get in return is insane. Franchises wait decades for that level of talent. The hard part is over, just put guys around him! And NOT Demarcus Cousins... god I swear some of these GMs.

Cousins is basically a top 10 player or damn close to it

Reaction Score
As a Knick fan can't we for once just keep a player who has great upside and is easy to route for.

Reaction Score
On paper with last years signings this team should have been an 8 or 7 seed in the east. That of course is the problem, when you make horrible signings just to stay somewhat competitive you end up shipwrecked without any top picks. Phil clearly doesn't care. I think he's trolling

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Being a Knicks fan I laugh at the doom and gloom on this site after having a few subpar seasons. Being a UConn is my one saving grace! Thank God i have UConn and not just the Knicks.

Well, at least you know the Knicks aren't getting kicked out of the NBA Eastern Conference.

Reaction Score
Well, at least you know the Knicks aren't getting kicked out of the NBA Eastern Conference.

The AAC might be better than the Eastern Conference, to be honest

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Cousins is basically a top 10 player or damn close to it
He is individually very talented, but he may be the worst single player in the league to put next to Anthony Davis. Clogs up the paint, doesn't give a reliable perimeter option for AD to pass to, and Cousins' stats are deceiving, he isn't very conducive to team basketball and is about as close to a chucker as a big man can get.

Reaction Score
I'll take the Celtics over UCF.

True. Though you have to ask, are the Celtics a program in decline? Yes, they've won 17 championships but none since 07. Who was the last big recruit Brad Stevens landed? I think the eastern conference is hurting them.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
True. Though you have to ask, are the Celtics a program in decline? Yes, they've won 17 championships but none since 07. Who was the last big recruit Brad Stevens landed? I think the eastern conference is hurting them.

Who's the Bunkey of the Celtics?

Reaction Score

Full disclosure, I'm a huge C's fan and I really hope the Knicks are as dumb as we all know they are

Reaction Score
Serious question for Knick fans and anybody else: what is it exactly that Phil Jackson has done as GM that has made him so deplorable? Because I very well could be ignorant as somebody who does not pay as much attention to the NBA as others, but from afar he inherited a pretty bleak situation that was going to take at least a few years to dig out of. He's only really had one prime draft pick so far and he nailed it.
From the reaction of this news around the league, it's as if people think the Knicks are just going to give him away and I wonder if there could be some PTSD at play here from past regimes.

I'm a 40 year Knick fan. I actually like Phill Jackson. He inhereted an impossible mess and fans just have no patience. Teams have to be built through the draft and Phil's predacessor traded away two 1st round picks for Bargnani.

The worst move Phil has made was re-signing Anthony but Dolan may have wanted to keep him to sell tickets. (Anthony is the most overrated player ever, pure garbage)

If Phil hits with this draft pick on Thursday the Knicks will have a nice young core group to move forward with. I hope they get the French kid or Malik Monk. Hopefully Phill will be able to walk away in a few years having built a solid team and he can tell the media to kiss his arse on the way out.

Reaction Score
I'm a 40 year Knick fan. I actually like Phill Jackson. He inhereted an impossible mess and fans just have no patience. Teams have to be built through the draft and Phil's predacessor traded away two 1st round picks for Bargnani.

The worst move Phil has made was re-signing Anthony but Dolan may have wanted to keep him to sell tickets.

If Phil hits with this draft pick on Thursday the Knicks will have a nice young core group to move forward with. I hope they get the French kid or Malik Monk. Hopefully Phill will be able to walk away in a few years having built a solid team and he can tell the media to kiss his arse on the way out.

Phil's worst move was making Joakim Noah the worst contract in the NBA. Or on his star player to the extent that the Knicks won't even get a sniff of a meeting from any high level FA. Or forcing his coaching staff to run an outdated offensive scheme that is not going to work in this modern era.

Phil ain't without his surplus of stars, or Tex Winter, for that matter.

Edit. why am I being allowed to write "?"

Reaction Score

The worst move Phil has made was re-signing Anthony but Dolan may have wanted to keep him to sell tickets. (Anthony is the most overrated player ever, pure garbage)

My biggest gripe with Phil is the way he handled the Melo drama this year. He took the wind out of the sails of the entire team. Moreover, he's actively trying to get on Porzingis's bad side. He's the type of player you want to keep around. But with the way he is publicly treating Melo it doesnt exactly inspire other franchise players to want to come to NY. He's basically creating an environment that no top level Free Agent would want to be in. Thats not good for business in NY imo.

Reaction Score
Or on his star player to the extent that the Knicks won't even get a sniff of a meeting from any high level FA. Or forcing his coaching staff to run an outdated offensive scheme that is not going to work in this modern era.

First off the entire league knows Anthony is washed up so Phil bad mouthing him hardly matters, Anthony is worthless and the knicks are going to have to eat the contract.

and the "modern era" offense is all about spacing and movement without the ball and guess what....the triangle offense is all about spacing and movement without the ball.

Reaction Score
My biggest gripe with Phil is the way he handled the Melo drama this year. He took the wind out of the sails of the entire team.

There never was any wind to begin with. I guess Phil was hoping Noah could get healthy, when healthy Noah is a wonderful player and a great leader but it seems like he is done.

Reaction Score
First off the entire league knows Anthony is washed up so Phil bad mouthing him hardly matters, Anthony is worthless and the knicks are going to have to eat the contract.

and the "modern era" offense is all about spacing and movement without the ball and guess what....the triangle offense is all about spacing and movement without the ball.

Melo is beloved by NBA players. He is bff's with all the stars. Thats why it matters.

Phil thinks the 3 point shot is a gimmick. Good luck with that.

Reaction Score
Melo is beloved by NBA players. He is bff's with all the stars. .

That's just media drivel. The stars love playing against Melo because he doesn't play defense. I think stars are relunctant to come to NY because of Dolan, taxes and cost of living. Electronic media means you don't have to be in NYC to be a star anymore. Phil has always been hard on his players, all of the great coaches are hard on their players. UCONN fans should know.

Reaction Score
That's just media drivel. The stars love playing against Melo because he doesn't play defense. I think stars are relunctant to come to NY because of Dolan, taxes and cost of living. Electronic media means you don't have to be in NYC to be a star anymore. Phil has always been hard on his players, all of the great coaches are hard on their players.

These guys spend 10 grand on a Tuesday night at the club and play 5k hands of blackjack, they're not that concerned with cost of living lol.

Melo is still a hugely respected dude among players in the league, look at last year's Olympics if you need proof of that.

Reaction Score
That's just media drivel. The stars love playing against Melo because he doesn't play defense. I think stars are relunctant to come to NY because of Dolan, taxes and cost of living. Electronic media means you don't have to be in NYC to be a star anymore. Phil has always been hard on his players, all of the great coaches are hard on their players.

In my opinion, you are wrong on every point, except for Dolan being a cancer and Phil being hard on his players. I am not just making this up - you will call this media drivel but Woj was talking about this exact issue today. Why won't player come to NY? Their thoughts - No stars want to come to NY under Jackson leadership after seeing how Melo was treated. NY should be one of the premier destinations in the league but Dolan and now Jackson has made the organization toxic.

Reaction Score
I could go on for a long time, but I have 2 huge gripes with Phil

1. The Noah/Lopez debacle. He traded away a better cheaper big man in Lopez to bring in Rose, and then signed Noah. Everyone has already mentioned plenty of why signing Noah was dumb, but it just showed a complete lack of understanding of where the team was in terms of competing

2. He's completely mishandled the KP situation. I hate Seth Greenberg but he was on the radio today and made a good point. He said he'd be livid about KP skipping the exit interview, but he'd do everything in his power to meet with him. Meet wherever KP wants on his terms. Instead Phil has done nothing but alienate the first young building block this team has had in my lifetime

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom