OT: Porzingis Available? | The Boneyard

OT: Porzingis Available?

Reaction Score
Serious question for Knick fans and anybody else: what is it exactly that Phil Jackson has done as GM that has made him so deplorable? Because I very well could be ignorant as somebody who does not pay as much attention to the NBA as others, but from afar he inherited a pretty bleak situation that was going to take at least a few years to dig out of. He's only really had one prime draft pick so far and he nailed it.
From the reaction of this news around the league, it's as if people think the Knicks are just going to give him away and I wonder if there could be some PTSD at play here from past regimes.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The fact there are even rumors of him being available is a huge indictment on Jackson.

That and he can't even go a few months without saying something stupid makes me dislike him.

Reaction Score
Who here believes the narrative that the Celts are stock-piling drafts picks/assets to wait a few years to land Anthony Davis?

I keep hearing this on CSN/ESPN here and there

Personally, I strongly feel he'll be more than happy to vacate New Orleans....I don't foresee them becoming a contender anytime soon. Hopefully Boogie makes the on-the-court dynamics even more of a reason to jump ship.

When does he become an unrestricted free agent? If they could time this out perfectly right when Horford starts to decline due to age, best case scenario...

Reaction Score
If Porzingis wasn't so tall people wouldn't be so obsessed with him. He's nowhere as good as guys like KAT or AD, and he's worse than Jokic too.

Advanced stats don't really like him, and he rebounds poorly much like Horford. I'd be careful giving up the farm for him.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I swore off the Knicks after Dolan let Donny Walsh walk away. I won't watch them until Dolan is gone but I still like to keep semi up to date on that dumpster fire. Jackson talks too much and makes stupid, sometimes cryptic comments. He lacks vision and believes his own hype. His coaching selection has been beyond pitiful. I think the only thing he has done correctly is to draft Porzingis.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I just think theres zero chance NO ever considers trading Davis. If they do the entire front office deserves to be fired, even if the haul tey get in return is insane. Franchises wait decades for that level of talent. The hard part is over, just put guys around him! And NOT Demarcus Cousins... god I swear some of these GMs.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
If Porzingis wasn't so tall people wouldn't be so obsessed with him. He's nowhere as good as guys like KAT or AD, and he's worse than Jokic too.

Advanced stats don't really like him, and he rebounds poorly much like Horford. I'd be careful giving up the farm for him.

Nowhere near as good as Towns or Davis? The same could be said for about every player in the NBA aside from like 7 guys.

That being said, there aren't many guys that are 21 years old and at 7' 3" putting up 18 / 7 / 2 in the league.

Absolutely no point in trading him for a pick that there's a 98% chance isn't going to be as good or have the upside of him.

I think he has a legitimate chance to be an All Star. At 21 years old, why would they give him up?

Reaction Score
As C's I would give up 2017 #3, a #2, 2018 C's pick and 2 of Smart, Crowder, Rozier or Nader, French Draymond

Nowhere near as good as Towns or Davis? The same could be said for about every player in the NBA aside from like 7 guys.

That being said, there aren't many guys that are 21 years old and at 7' 3" putting up 18 / 7 / 2 in the league.

Absolutely no point in trading him for a pick that there's a 98% chance isn't going to be as good or have the upside of him.

I think he has a legitimate chance to be an All Star. At 21 years old, why would they give him up?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Because Dolan.

Enough said.

I grew up a big Knicks fan with Ewing, Oakley, Starks and co. and now I've worked less than a 5 min walk from MSG for the past few years and have been to 1 Knicks game because someone gave me free tickets.

Dolan is just the absolute worst.

Reaction Score

I think the team he is playing on takes away from his potential and development. He may not be in those guys categories but with the right team he could do some damage along with having consecutive playoff appearances.

Just saying he has skills and a little something to work with.

Reaction Score
Serious question for Knick fans and anybody else: what is it exactly that Phil Jackson has done as GM that has made him so deplorable? Because I very well could be ignorant as somebody who does not pay as much attention to the NBA as others, but from afar he inherited a pretty bleak situation that was going to take at least a few years to dig out of. He's only really had one prime draft pick so far and he nailed it.
From the reaction of this news around the league, it's as if people think the Knicks are just going to give him away and I wonder if there could be some PTSD at play here from past regimes.
He signed Joakim Noah & Carmelo Anthony when he should've rebuilt the team from scratch & Porzingis. Instead of slowing down Porzingis' development.

I believe in reality he never really wanted to resign Melo, but he got caught in between an owner who really wanted him back and a city that did as well

Not that I matter, I never wanted to resign Melo, I always wanted them to rebuild. Melo caused Jackson to go sign Noah and trade for Rose because he had an aging star.

The funny part of all this is if Jackson can strike gold again with the 8th pick on Thursday night he will have two cornerstone franchise players for the next 6 years.

It could be worse.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The fact there are even rumors of him being available is a huge indictment on Jackson.

That and he can't even go a few months without saying something stupid makes me dislike him.

He's alienating the player who should be the cornerstone of the franchise.

And the Noah signing was terrible. He's trying to unload Noah in a package involving KP. Good luck with that.

Reaction Score

And if Shaq wasn't 7'1 325 people wouldn't have been obsessed with him. Porzingis' height is part of his tool set.

Advanced stats like his defense. His rebounding suffered a bit in Year 2 because he played the 4 so much and was stuck out on the perimeter too much. There's no doubt that he has to put on the weight to be a 5 in today's NBA. He isn't going to live up to his potential until he's given a good PG and is in any system besides the Triangle. He was forced to create way too many of his looks especially from the elbow. A skinny 7'3 kid trying to take a 6'9" guy off the dribble is just stupid basketball. That's Phil for you. He'd be lethal if you just PnR and pick-and-pop the kid.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I just think theres zero chance NO ever considers trading Davis. If they do the entire front office deserves to be fired, even if the haul tey get in return is insane. Franchises wait decades for that level of talent. The hard part is over, just put guys around him! And NOT Demarcus Cousins... god I swear some of these GMs.

I agree...for the next two years. But as we approach a point where he only has a couple years left, and the team isn't going anywhere, and they're at the point where they need to maximize the return...there will be conversations.

But right now if I'm Demps I hang up whenever another GM says the words "Anthony," "Davis" or "Brow."

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Hearing Denver is in the running, too. If they trade for Porzingis and sign CP3, that becomes the 2nd best team in the league.

C: Jokic
PF: Porzingis
SF: Chandler
SG: Gary Harris
PG: CP3

Reaction Score
Hearing Denver is in the running, too. If they trade for Porzingis and sign CP3, that becomes the 2nd best team in the league.

C: Jokic
PF: Porzingis
SF: Chandler
SG: Gary Harris
PG: CP3

Ok so the chance of this happening is .00006 percent but now I have something to root for this off-season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom