OT: Pokey Chatman Out As Head Coach For Chicago Sky | The Boneyard

OT: Pokey Chatman Out As Head Coach For Chicago Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
upload_2016-10-28_20-53-53.png
After failing to bring a WNBA title to Chicago in six seasons, Pokey Chatman is out as head coach and general manager of the Chicago Sky, team officials announced Friday.
[LINK]

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not sure what they expected. Not sure any coach could get them a championship with the team they have. Some good talent for sure and they will be in the mix for winning a lot of games and making the playoffs, but they don't have as much as LA or Minny.

Reaction Score
Was wondering why this didn't already happen. Watched lots of their games and there were lots of questionable decisions made by her.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Never been a fan since her embarrassing exit from LSU. What does it say about her that she has one of the best centers in the world who lost confidence in her ability to bring a championship back to Chicago and requested a trade? That really should have been her first sign.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Not sure what they expected. Not sure any coach could get them a championship with the team they have. Some good talent for sure and they will be in the mix for winning a lot of games and making the playoffs, but they don't have as much as LA or Minny.

Well, she's also the GM. So if they don't have enough talent that's on her, too.

Personally, as a Sky fan, the players always played hard for her but she often got outcoached. For example, the 2015 playoff series against Indiana. I think it was time for a change.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I don't think she's a horrible coach by any means, but if you are the coach and GM then you need to do better than she has.

I'm not sure that coach and GM works all that well (in spite of Bill Parcell's opinion). Dan Hughes did the double at San Antonio to little result, as well. And Bill Laimbeer has had mixed results in that role.

Reaction Score
On Rebkell it's posted that EDD had something to do with her firing...

Reaction Score
I thought so too. I believe she faked the hand injury to sit out. That ruin their playoff run. Remember, she played so well as an Olympian.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
She'll probably end up as a Head Coach in Russia, China or somewhere overseas. Wondering if enough time has passed from her LSU firing that a College would take the chance at hiring her.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
She'll probably end up as a Head Coach in Russia, China or somewhere overseas. Wondering if enough time has passed from her LSU firing that a College would take the chance at hiring her.
To your wondering - almost certainly not. Your first line is what she was doing when the Sky hired her, so I assume so.

Repeating what I said earlier, I don't think she is a bad coach. There are "bad" coaches, who never come close to sniffing a .500 record. She may not be great, but if I owned a team of adults that needed a coach, I'd be willing to take a look at her.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Meh, I doubt they have real info. Lot of wannabe insiders over there.

That said, I don't think they would have fired Pokey if EDD was adamantly in support of her.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I thought so too. I believe she faked the hand injury to sit out. That ruin their playoff run. Remember, she played so well as an Olympian.

Nominated for the most ridiculous post of the day.
YEs, I'm sorry it remained up long enough to get responses.

I am reminding folks that we have a rule against Harmful Speculation ,damaging someone's' reputation without a shred of proof. I don't want people making up stuff then posting it as facts.

Reaction Score
Really?

Admittedly EDD is a super talent---but it's a bit over the top to think---AnY player would feign injury to miss playoffs--just to damage a Coaches rep--do you think ANY organization would trust her during big games or tourneys//"??? Just an OPINION--but EDD probably would go to the top and speak her mind..

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
YEs, I'm sorry it remained up long enough to get responses.

I am reminding folks that we have a rule against Harmful Speculation ,damaging someone's' reputation without a shred of proof. I don't want people making up stuff then posting it as facts.

I think it's more opinion than harmful speculation. A really, really stupid opinion but not harmful because everyone that reads it will recognize how dumb it is.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I think it's more opinion than harmful speculation. A really, really stupid opinion but not harmful because everyone that reads it will recognize how dumb it is.
I never underestimate peoples' ability to fail to recognize stupidity.

Reaction Score
I never underestimate peoples' ability to fail to recognize stupidity.
I must come forward and apologize for my negative opinion. But it was only that. Even though this blog produces positive and funny conversation, sometimes I get caught up in the negative stuff that is also there. I don't care to reference the negative stuff that I speak of for anyone but only to be more positive with my opinions in the future.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I must come forward and apologize for my negative opinion. But it was only that. Even though this blog produces positive and funny conversation, sometimes I get caught up in the negative stuff that is also there. I don't care to reference the negative stuff that I speak of for anyone but only to be more positive with my opinions in the future.
You don't need to be more positive (or more negative). I'm just asking people to consider whether or not they could harm someone's reputation before reporting rumors or speculation. I do appreciate your consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom