OT: Plan B | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Plan B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tell the owner to put one on the shoreline, they would clean house down here! The food options suck, and if he opened up in the Essex/Old Saybrook area they would shut down resteraunts almost with certainty. We travel to Glastonbury and West Hartford many times we eat out because you can only take so much over priced fried crap, which is what the shoreline specializes in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Saybrook will not let any chains in , they are trying to protect the restaurants that are already here. The only reason Walmart is here, after a long battle with the town, is because they bought up all Caldor's leases when the closed down. Right now all thats here is BK and McD and they have been here a long time. I'm not crazy about 5 guys. We drive over to Dads in Niantic and have their blue cheese burger, yum! Unfortunatley they are only open in the summer. The Monkey Farm has a decent burger.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
5 Guys is amazing btw. And that just opened up in Stamford as well in June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
They are actually not planning on opening any other connecticut locations because the cost of doing business here is just too high and they have hit most of the areas they want. DC is next and they are also opening one in Springfield that is going to be attached (i think or at least the same complex) as the basketball hall of fame.

The same guys also own the Half Door in Hartford/WH line. Which is an awesome place.. great food and beer.

Reaction Score

You gotta go all the way with the toppings and throw some jalepeno peppers on there for good measure. I could do without the 4 lbs of fries though.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
You gotta go all the way with the toppings and throw some jalepeno peppers on there for good measure. I could do without the 4 lbs of fries though.

I keep it simple, cheeseburger, onions, ketchup and mayo.

Speaking of jalapeño peppers, I had nachos at Plan B last week and their jalapeños are intense! I was in full sweat by the time my burger arrived and 4 glasses of water deep.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
I thought this was going to be a birth control thread. Thank God I was wrong... I can keep visiting here.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

My favorite "quick" burger... Plan B being my overall champ/favorite sit down burger.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Bacon Cheese and Disco Fries.....enough said. Best place for dinner!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Monkey Farm has a decent burger.

Somebody named their restaurant Monkey Farm???

And people willingly eat the burgers there???????

Anyhow, I'll have to check out Plan B. I have been to Prime 16 several times, I always get the cowboy burger (with salsa and a fried egg). I went to Jake's Wayback in Hamden recently and was really disappointed. Five Guys is much better.

While we're talking burgers... don't you hate it when you go to a cookout and the host runs out of meat and beer? This was our work's annual summer cookout, and my boss skimped on the supplies. I knew I should have brought an emergency 30-pack.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Speaking of jalapeño peppers, I had nachos at Plan B last week and their jalapeños are intense! I was in full sweat by the time my burger arrived and 4 glasses of water deep.

Soiling a burger with mayo is wrong.

Go for the gusto and just get a fried egg on top of the burger.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For the record, I'm a ketchup, mustard, lettuce, tomato and pickle on the burger kind of guy. Bacon and/or bleu cheese and relish is always acceptable as well.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I really liked Plan B when it first opened but feel like they started getting a little sloppy with the quality (the WH one) after a couple of years. I like Max Burger better, as far as the overall burger/restaurant experience.

Reaction Score
Somebody named their restaurant Monkey Farm???

And people willingly eat the burgers there???????

Anyhow, I'll have to check out Plan B. I have been to Prime 16 several times, I always get the cowboy burger (with salsa and a fried egg). I went to Jake's Wayback in Hamden recently and
was really disappointed. Five Guys is much better.

While we're talking burgers... don't you hate it when you go to a cookout and the host runs out of meat and beer? This was our work's annual summer cookout, and my boss skimped on the supplies. I knew I should have brought an emergency 30-pack.

The Monkey Farm is an icon in Old Saybrook. Used to be a drunken fight fest back in the day, but they cleaned it up and have pretty good lunches nowadays. Definitely a good place to grab a beer, but go during the offseason bcuz they don't care for summer people so much, kind of a local scene.

Reaction Score

Old Saybrook will not let any chains in , they are trying to protect the restaurants that are already here. The only reason Walmart is here, after a long battle with the town, is because they bought up all Caldor's leases when the closed down. Right now all thats here is BK and McD and they have been here a long time. I'm not crazy about 5 guys. We drive over to
Dads in Niantic and have their blue cheese burger, yum! Unfortunatley they are only open in
the summer. The Monkey Farm has a decent burger.

Love the Monkey Farrm for lunch. Dads is great, total summer icon but a perfect example of the typical fried crap that the shoreline has an abundance of and very little quality food. Sadly enough, I'm old enough to remember shopping at Caldor's in OS w/ my Grandmother for much of my childhood, good memories. The zoning in Old Saybrook sucks, causes all of us in the area to pay much more for everything, gas food etc.... Perfect examplemis Stop & Shop. They bought the Ames shopping plaza because it was the only zoned property for a supermarket in the town. It effectively eliminated any competition from coming into the town, and it lead to the Stop & Shop in OS being the most expensive store in the sate. Not a big fan, I avoid it all costs.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Ended up at Corey's Catsup and Mustard here in Manchester tonight... by all accounts a reputable burger... but to me, a solid notch below Plan B or Max Burger. Dig the fries though.

Reaction Score
This. All of hat extra stuff is distracting. Bacon has a powerful taste and is really distracting.

What is up with all of these gourmet burger joints? I have been living outside the US for too long.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
For people unaware of 5 Guys:

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Hey may have it. He has a bunch of video reviews and they're all hilarious.

Reaction Score
I've walked past it. Worth trying?

I say yes. We always get the bison vs. the beef for the burgers. Decent beer selection. A little more expensive than Plan B.

Reaction Score
That video was fantastic. No love for the Bison burgers at Ted's Montana grill?

Love the bison burgers at Ted's. Go to the one on W 51st in the city often.

Maybe I should try Plan B again. We went when it opened in Orange and I wasn't impressed. Good, but not great. Maybe deserves a second look.

Reaction Score
Love the bison burgers at Ted's. Go to the one on W 51st in the city often.

Maybe I should try Plan B again. We went when it opened in Orange and I wasn't impressed. Good, but not great. Maybe deserves a second look.
My zip code has one of the best burger places. Quality tops Plan B, but way short on the whiskey selection. Price is way below Plan B:
Lepri's Burger Bar in Ellington
Located in a nondescript strip mall with ECHN offices and First Niagara Bank on the east side of Route 83. All meat and produce sourced locally, hand cut fries and home made potato chips and some very inventive burgers.They change the menu fairly regularly, so the burger you liked last week might be replaced this week but their basic bar burger with cheddar is amazing. The owner bakes all of the bread used here daily. Including the bacon bun used on the pork burger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom