OT- Places To Eat In NYC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT- Places To Eat In NYC

Reaction Score
I'd go the Blarney Stone next to MSG. Haven't been for years but it was our pregame spot, good Corned Beef sandwiches.
Second this post.

We used to rally there pregame too. I cannot vouch for the food though. An undercover NYC cop actually propositioned me with scalped tickets one year there and flashed his badge saying if I took the tix he'd have arrested me. He even had a beer in his hand too. My friends were like, who was your friend?? Heh. Funny story. Ahh, the memories.

Uuu---Conn!!!

Reaction Score
That's too bad. On an early bus trip, we hit the Blarney Stone pre-game. A friend of a friend of a friend who hadn't stopped drinking from the night before was hanging with us. By game time he was totally useless. The bartender said to just stick him in a booth and he would keep an eye on him.
I was there one year for the Big East tourny and there was a bunch of guys from Ansonia who bought counterfeit tickets, learning they got ripped off they went back and bought real tickets. They were having so much fun getting blasted at the Blarney Stone, they never even went in for the UConn Cuse game. We left them when they were talking about blowing lines.

Reaction Score
Not to derail this thread, but what BBQ places in TN did you like? We moved to Nashville earlier this year and there have been so many great places we tried!
I went to Knoxville, so about an hour East of you. Calhoun's on the river, right next to Univ of Tennessee and their football stadium was amazing. Had bacon wrapped burnt ends.

Reaction Score
If you don't mind heading up to Broadway, Joe Allens has awesome food.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I went to Knoxville, so about an hour East of you. Calhoun's on the river, right next to Univ of Tennessee and their football stadium was amazing. Had bacon wrapped burnt ends.

Good to know! Haven't made it out there but will check it out when we visit Knoxville

Reaction Score
if you're broke and/or in a a hurry, ny pizza suprema next to msg is a surprisingly solid slice, in spite of its location.

Reaction Score
17 years in a row we went to O'Reilly's at 54 W 31st Street - now that is 2 blocks from the entrance. Big East Tournament has so many memories.

Reaction Score
BLARNEY ROCK NOT BLARNEY STONE..BEST CORNBEEF ..BEEN GOING PREGAME FOR EVERY UCONN GAME..COLDEST BEER..

Reaction Score
I love all of the bar Recs in this thread.
Same haunts us Phish fans take over each year for the MSG NYE run.

Nice timing, this game. Get to reacquaint myself with the bartenders before the run in a couple of weeks.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
BLARNEY ROCK NOT BLARNEY STONE..BEST CORNBEEF ..BEEN GOING PREGAME FOR EVERY UCONN GAME..COLDEST BEER..
I heard the Blarney Rock comes from a Blarney Stone family member who went rogue.

Reaction Score
Nashville BBQ recommendations Peg Leg Porker and Martin's BBQ

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Which one, this one? The Blarney Stone right across from MSG?
Screenshot_20191210-165700_Maps.jpg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If I were in NYC, I'd personally run down to Russ & Daughters, get a couple of Heebsters, eat one there, save the other for the game. You're simply not finding a Heebster anywhere but NYC.

But that's just me.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Blarney Rock was a huge Syracuse BET bar. You know, before they had to start traveling to Greensboro etc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom