OT- Places To Eat In NYC | The Boneyard

OT- Places To Eat In NYC

Reaction Score
Heading to the game tomorrow and haven’t been to New York in years.

Looking for some recommendations for places to eat/drink in between Grand Central and MSG.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
You looking for any kind of food in particular?

Reaction Score
The Harold is a great place to eat. It’s located on West 32nd and Broadway. Great food/drinks!

Reaction Score
What kind of price point, cuisine, setting, etc

Lots of options but have to give some direction of what you're looking for

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
The UConn official pre-games are at Legends (6 West 33rd St) and overflow is at Jack Demsey's (36 W 33rd St). Pre-game starts at 4:30 PM. Legends has average pub food (I'm sure Jack Demsey does too). Both will be packed and be a great time.

Both places 2 blocks from MSG.

Hope this helps with your decision!

Reaction Score
Heading to the game tomorrow and haven’t been to New York in years.

Looking for some recommendations for places to eat/drink in between Grand Central and MSG.

between GCT and MSG is pretty much all of midtown Manhattan if youre looking for google keywords

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
If you like beer, wooden tables, waitresses in short outfits, and German food :
Reichenbach Hall, West 37th Street, New York, NY

Its just a 10 min walk to MSG and 10 min walk from Grand Central (halfway point)

Image result for reichenbach hall nyc waitress

Last edited:

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
We usually go to The Tailor Public House on Eighth Ave, usually not too crowded and still a good atmosphere for a pregame meal

Reaction Score
As someone said that's a lot of real estate for a restaurant.

my .02....if you want a classic NY Steakhouse nearby...Keen's Chophouse it is. Just a few blocks away. A 9pm tip will give you plenty of time for a nice dinner

Reaction Score
Bunch of UConn alumni will be meeting at Turntable Chicken Jazz for some of the best Korean fried chicken in the city.

Keens Steakhouse is always a great option and I also like L'Amico for cocktails/pizza/pasta for pregame as well.

Been living in NYC for 11 years and love the food scene!

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
A half a mile away from MSG, in times square, is Virgil's Real BBQ. It is some of the best BBQ I've had, right behind some BBQ I've had in Tennessee. I'd go there for an early dinner and then make my way to Legends or Jack Dempsey's.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I'd go the Blarney Stone next to MSG. Haven't been for years but it was our pregame spot, good Corned Beef sandwiches.

I used to go here too...they had that old school feel and a carving station.

However, the last time I went to the Garden the Blarney Stone was not open...not sure if they moved or closed.

Reaction Score
I used to go here too...they had that old school feel and a carving station.

However, the last time I went to the Garden the Blarney Stone was not open...not sure if they moved or closed.
Used to love that place too before UConn games and even to watch games on tv. The carving station was a phenomenal deal, especially for NYC.

amidagoat

Amida was the goat
Reaction Score
Carmine's is about a 1/2 mile away but you will most likely need a reservation. Plus, the portions are family style so make sure you are with a group.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Carmine's is about a 1/2 mile away but you will most likely need a reservation. Plus, the portions are family style so make sure you are with a group.
Carmine’s is always great, but like you said the portions are crazy. Seeing as how every time I go to Carmine’s, Im leaving there with a sick feeling because I ate too much, Im going to pass up on that. I need all my energy for the game.

Reaction Score
Carmine's is tourist hell, overpriced and not that good... There are dozens of better Italian options in the area.
There are a lot of Italian options in NYC, but Carmine’s is a great place, and you will get your moneys worth since you’re going to leave there filled up. If you go there with a group of 3-4+ people, the per person price would not really be that much, and you can get a nice variety of food.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That's too bad. On an early bus trip, we hit the Blarney Stone pre-game. A friend of a friend of a friend who hadn't stopped drinking from the night before was hanging with us. By game time he was totally useless. The bartender said to just stick him in a booth and he would keep an eye on him.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
A half a mile away from MSG, in times square, is Virgil's Real BBQ. It is some of the best BBQ I've had, right behind some BBQ I've had in Tennessee. I'd go there for an early dinner and then make my way to Legends or Jack Dempsey's.

Not to derail this thread, but what BBQ places in TN did you like? We moved to Nashville earlier this year and there have been so many great places we tried!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom