OT: PGA Champ | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: PGA Champ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My point is the same, Tiger can't go low. A flawless round for Tiger is 68 on a par 70. His putting is so shaky and he can't drive. He can't shoot 63 like Dufner or a 65 anymore.
He just shot a 61 last weekend, almost had a 59.

Reaction Score

superjohn, we all know that doesn't count because husky91 says so........Firestone is so easy!! Yeah the same course that everyone else shot -8 or less and he won by 7?............they're already tearing Oak Hill up even more.......yeah he's brilliant!

Reaction Score
Dufner couldn't shoot a 63 either, until he shot one.

Putting is like three-point shooting. You can go through slumps, and even the best ones have their dry spells. Doesn't mean you no longer have the skill when you struggle. Not like what you go through when you lose your swing and can't get greens in regulation. Then you're screwed.

Tiger wasted his A game last weekend. Happens. He went three years between his first Masters and Major #2, so he's been here before. Just remains to be seen if he pulls it together in a couple majors before his window closes.

Reaction Score
His shot shaping and ball striking seem to be pretty good today. Just hasnt had very much luck on the greens.

Reaction Score
Was that a major? Firestone South lots a bit different

Almost thinking it's 90% mental now, but terrible way to end season in a sense. Tiger plays 4 tourneys a year, he's burnt on the Ryder. That's great, but he's probably had enough of it.

Reaction Score
Awesome stat

@PaulAzinger: Since turning 33 years of age Phil has won 5 majors, Tiger has won zero 0.. Nugget from @Chrisfallica @ESPNGolf

Reaction Score
Awesome stat

@PaulAzinger: Since turning 33 years of age Phil has won 5 majors, Tiger has won zero 0.. Nugget from @Chrisfallica @ESPNGolf

And if you don't count winning the West Region, Syracuse has won more national championships than us (1-0).

Reaction Score
Great comparison, apples to apples for sure

And if you don't count winning the West Region, Syracuse has won more national championships than us (1-0).

Reaction Score
Good start!

@SandyCannold: Tiger is moving on moving day.. +2 after 3 holes.. And just drove it into crowd. Looks like #15 will have to wait 'til Augusta 2014..

Reaction Score
Well at least Tiger is consistent and shooting another lousy round on the weekend

Reaction Score
Well at least Tiger is consistent and shooting another lousy round on the weekend

Hey 91, where were you last week? You need to have a sack and show up when he plays well too so people can actually take you seriously.......although on the golf end I doubt anyone can!

By the way I have no doubt he is putting way too much pressure on himself in the majors and needs to get by that....for now he is not a player, but I am sure he will be and I'm guessing there's a lot of guys who wish they were him with those W's this year.......

Reaction Score
Sure, I'll check in before the Honda Classic or Bay Hill, no real reason to check in during majors.

Hey 91, where were you last week? You need to have a sack and show up when he plays well too so people can actually take you seriously.......although on the golf end I doubt anyone can!

By the way I have no doubt he is putting way too much pressure on himself in the majors and needs to get by that....for now he is not a player, but I am sure he will be and I'm guessing there's a lot of guys who wish they were him with those W's this year.......

Reaction Score
Sure, I'll check in before the Honda Classic or Bay Hill, no real reason to check in during majors.

Good call, none left this year ......... ;) .......... but how would you know I'm sure you're busy sending "You're boyfriend's a choke" notes to Ms Vonn as whacked as you are!

Reaction Score
Awesome stat

91, Azinger should have mentioned that Phil turned 33 ten years ago though and Tiger just four years ago. This isn't to defend Tiger, but it is an important clarification.

Reaction Score
I have sent her a few thoughtful Tweets, no RTs or replies yet!

Good call, none left this year ......... ;) .......... but how would you know I'm sure you're busy sending "You're boyfriend's a choke" notes to Ms Vonn as whacked as you are!

Reaction Score
@ESPNStatsInfo: Tiger Woods has played 7 PGA Championship rounds at Oak Hill. His combined score in those rounds is 16-over (no rounds under par)

Reaction Score
@ESPNStatsInfo: Tiger Woods is winless in his last 18 majors played.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's so easy to make these extreme statements when you don't understand the intricacies of the situation or the sport.

Intricacies of the stiuation? That's pure humor right there.

Tiger's the one that said he plays for majors. By his own definition he's a failure lately.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Intricacies of the stiuation? That's pure humor right there.

Tiger's the one that said he plays for majors. By his own definition he's a failure lately.
And by my definition I wish I was his failure. On the golf course that is.

Reaction Score
Are there any bigger idiots out there than the people who scream "Mashed Potatoes" after a shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom