OT: Patriots -3 | The Boneyard

OT: Patriots -3

Reaction Score
That line just seems so small to me. The fact that Brady has been there so many times and its Ryan's first time makes me feel good about the Patriots' chances.

Is Atlanta really that strong ?

Reaction Score
That line just seems so small to me. The fact that Brady has been there so many times and its Ryan's first time makes me feel good about the Patriots' chances.

Atlanta at most points in the season has been up by 20 points or more for much of the game, so a lot of people don't know how they'll do in crunch time against the patriots. I guess the odds makers are just taking what they've seen. Jus my opinion

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Well the line hasn't budged so that should tell you something.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Well the line hasn't budged so that should tell you something.
That the money is going to both sides, because Vegas doesn't like to lose.
The other part is the prop bets. A Odds Maker was on the local radio yesterday and stated that money is 65 - 35 on the Patriots and that he expects it to stay that way. He said they are not moving the line because they have not seen enough sharp money move it one way or the other. He is also expecting to make lots of money on the prop bets, so they are not worried about the actual game outcome. But he also stated they would love a Falcons 17-10 win as they would absolutely kill.
Oh and bet the coin toss prop - heads. The Patriots are the visitor, they get to call the coin toss, and they always call heads. Why this is not more widely known is odd.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Oh and bet the coin toss prop - heads. The Patriots are the visitor, they get to call the coin toss, and they always call heads. Why this is not more widely known is odd.
And what part of your stats class failed to inform you that they are just as likely to lose the call than win? Unless you mean the coin toss call....

Edit: I can't imagine Vegas would put a line on the call when the caller is known and can tell his family/friends/whoever to bet on heads.

So back to the original idea, doesn't matter what they call, the odds remain 50/50. Putting money on a coin flip is not a good gambling move.

Last edited:

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
This feels all too much like another situation of a flashy, high flying NFC team coming in against a team that's much more experienced and well-coached.
I never trust the Falcons in the playoffs, especially going up against the Patriots, in the biggest stage when Brady is on an absolute mission. Also, give me Belichick all day over Dan Quinn. Obviously.
Definitely taking the Pats to cover.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Only bet I'd touch is the over/under and I'd bet over.

Reaction Score
50 times, the team that scored the most points in The Super Bowl Won The Super Bowl.
50 times the team that scored the least amount of points in the Super Bowl lost. Still can't believe that stat.

Reaction Score
Believe I heard a stat that Atlanta has 7 of the top 20 fastest sack times from snap to sack. That could cause issues for Brady and the Patriots as its their MO to get the ball out quickly.

Vegas already said they will win money on their futures bets regardless who wins.

Reaction Score
It's all about the numbers boys, nothing else matters. And with most of mine I'm rooting for a missed extra point LOL

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
That the money is going to both sides, because Vegas doesn't like to lose.
The other part is the prop bets. A Odds Maker was on the local radio yesterday and stated that money is 65 - 35 on the Patriots and that he expects it to stay that way. He said they are not moving the line because they have not seen enough sharp money move it one way or the other. He is also expecting to make lots of money on the prop bets, so they are not worried about the actual game outcome. But he also stated they would love a Falcons 17-10 win as they would absolutely kill.

If this is your betting logic please let me know everything you bet on so I can fade your picks.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Please join me in rooting for the Falcons this weekend as a show of support for all the fallen heroes at Bowling Green.

bowling-green-state-university-57.jpeg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Believe I heard a stat that Atlanta has 7 of the top 20 fastest sack times from snap to sack. That could cause issues for Brady and the Patriots as its their MO to get the ball out quickly.

Vegas already said they will win money on their futures bets regardless who wins.

Good pass rush, but Houston has a better one and a much better defense, best in the league. New England just put up 34 on them. Atlanta has a terrible run defense, but it hasn't hurt them because they jump out to a lead and the opponent abandons the running game. Belichick is going to run the ball on them, and that is going to disrupt the pass rush and allow Brady to pick them apart. Atlanta's offense is very good, but it is facing a very good defense for a change.

New England wins a close game. Probably by more than 3.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
He said they are not moving the line because they have not seen enough sharp money move it one way or the other...Oh and bet the coin toss prop - heads. The Patriots are the visitor, they get to call the coin toss, and they always call heads. Why this is not more widely known is odd.

Unless the line is completely out of whack, The "Sharps" don't begin placing their wagers until Sunday Morning. They want as much info as possible. The results are mutually exclusive, especially because the first Brady Superbowl was 15 years ago, but each one of the Patriots' last five Big Games have been decided 1) on the last true possession, and 2) by 4 points or less.

The coin toss is paid out on the result, not the call. On the other hand, does Vegas take action on the length of the National Anthem (I know it been on whatever SB prop betting sheet I've ever seen for the lay person, but is it true for Vegas?)? If so, someone in the know with whoever is "singing" can hit the winning side hard and make a relative killing. It's a recording anyway. The result is fixed.

Reaction Score

This stat is the whole thing for Atlanta because as good as Brady is he hasn't really been pressured.

Reaction Score
Good pass rush, but Houston has a better one and a much better defense, best in the league. New England just put up 34 on them. Atlanta has a terrible run defense, but it hasn't hurt them because they jump out to a lead and the opponent abandons the running game. Belichick is going to run the ball on them, and that is going to disrupt the pass rush and allow Brady to pick them apart. Atlanta's offense is very good, but it is facing a very good defense for a change.

New England wins a close game. Probably by more than 3.

I think New England wins...but saying Atlanta's offense is "very good" is a little soft. They scored the 7th most pts in the history of the NFL. And the Houston game was a home game with Brock Osweiler on the other side of the ball. Just sayin'.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom