OT Packers Melting Down | The Boneyard

OT Packers Melting Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Unbelievable way to try to not win an NFC Championship game. Has to be the worst meltdown I've ever seen that late in a playoff game (not over yet, but simply mind boggling).

Reaction Score
Wasn't exactly a meltdown, not much you can do when your hands team guy can't make an easy catch. This game has had everything though. Rodgers is playing on one leg, Sherman is playing with one arm, Russell Wilson with five int's, Luke Wilson with his best work since Royal Tenenbaums, Seattle scoring late then Green Bay's hands team guy dropping it and Seattle recovering the onsides and scoring, Green Bay driving late and kicker making clutch kick. One of strangest games I've ever seen with just an insane final 2 minutes.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Crazy game... Wow...

I only got to watch the last 7 minutes of the 4th quarter and the OT, but this game was absolutely great. Great job by Seattle at the end.

Reaction Score
I feel bad for Rogers. He deserved to win. Dropping the onside kick and almost as bad was the 2 point conversion. What an improbable comeback!

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Amazing passing by Wilson the last 5 minutes of regulation and in OT after having a horrible day overall. That's a loss that will haunt Rogers and Green Bay for a very long time.

Reaction Score
Sucks for Rodgers, he could hardly move. Richard Sherman is one tough SOB.

Reaction Score
Not where the game was lost, but I understand sliding after an INT in the final minute or two. Certainly when you can take a knee and kill the clock. But 5 minutes left and wide open field in front of you? Run. Maybe slide before a tackle comes if you're worried about fumbling but at least pick up the 10-15 yards in field position. Those yards may have been the difference between the first TD coming before the two minute warning or after it, which could have been huge.

Don't act like the game is over before it's over.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Not where the game was lost, but I understand sliding after an INT in the final minute or two. Certainly when you can take a knee and kill the clock. But 5 minutes left and wide open field in front of you? Run. Maybe slide before a tackle comes if you're worried about fumbling but at least pick up the 10-15 yards in field position. Those yards may have been the difference between the first TD coming before the two minute warning or after it, which could have been huge.

Don't act like the game is over before it's over.
I started to post this same thought but stopped.

I would add after the interception and lay down, they ran two straight plays for about 4 yard losses each. On the second, you have to do something different. I get you're trying to kill clock, but a screen or a high percentage quick slant when the Colts are committing 10 to the box could have gone for a game ending gain. Instead they just gave up field position with no time going off the clock because of the Colts timeouts. Field position became rather important.

Reaction Score
Yeah that slide after the interception was stupid. The clock is your enemy and he ignored at least 10 secs with 2 minutes left.

Oh and that 2 point conversion was a dagger.

Best playoff game (quarter) in years.

Reaction Score
I felt that if the Pack could have gotten one first down when they got the ball back with 6 minutes left, up by two possessions, they could have sealed a win. But they went 3 and out without any real urgency and the rest is history.

Reaction Score
They lost it coming up with only 6 in the first 2 opportunities.

Reaction Score
When the Giants played in GB they overcame bad calls and still kicked their ass, Cowboys get that same opportunity and can't take advantage.

Yep how true. And I remember the previous game in which the Giants weren't the benefactors of a picked up penalty flag, they just won that one too, on the road mind you.

Reaction Score
Yep how true. And I remember the previous game in which the Giants weren't the benefactors of a picked up penalty flag, they just won that one too, on the road mind you.

Are you talking about the Dallas game in 07, because I was referring to the game in 2011 the BS non fumble call on Jennings which was reviewed btw, didn't matter because the Giants kicked their ass.

Reaction Score
As a life long Vikings fan, the Packers flaming out is always a good thing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom