OT: Our worst nightmare | The Boneyard

OT: Our worst nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Providence freshman guard Ricky Ledo has declared for the NBA Draft, according to @2eZGang.

And if you can't trust @2eZGang, who can you trust?

Reaction Score
Hahahaha providence fans have been riding on him for 3 years now...and he's never gonna play a game!:p So much for taking over new england

Reaction Score
While it's cool that Ricky declared for the NBA draft, I'm not so sure NBA teams feel the same about having him..

Reaction Score
Didn't Sean write just last week that UConn fans were dreading having to face him next year?

(Never mind the fact that UConn doesn't even play PC next year).

Reaction Score
I tried to tell the Friar posters here that Ledo would never play a game for them, hate to say I told you so but I did.

Reaction Score
For Ledo's sake, I hope he's listening to his college coach and not his AAU coaches/contacts. The AAU folks will tell him anything to put additional money in their pockets.
This could become a D league situation for next year.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Didn't Sean write just last week that UConn fans were dreading having to face him next year?

That's what I was going for with the title "Our worst nightmare"

Reaction Score
Seriously, the next time PC makes fun of UConn academics, they can look in the mirror. PC is ranked lower than UConn, AND it's easier to get into, AND they take kids UConn won't touch.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
‏@RobDauster:
A coach said this abt Ricky Ledo: "he's the single worst human being I'd ever been associated with on a basketball court", "program killer"

So, there's that

Reaction Score
This is one of the reasons we should be very thankful that JC is still around the program. He has always been great at giving our players an honest assessment of where they will go in the draft and for the most part they have trusted him and listened- no matter what someone is whispering in their ear.​

Reaction Score
Seriously, the next time PC makes fun of UConn academics, they can look in the mirror. PC is ranked lower than UConn, AND it's easier to get into, AND they take kids UConn won't touch.

With respect to the basketball program, I would hope you'll at least admit that this is in response to problems UConn has had in the past. Or are you going to say that UConn wouldn't have taken Ricky Ledo back when Antonio Kellogg and Doug Wrenn were tooling around campus?

Reaction Score
How long before Friar fans starting talking about how great they will be in 2015?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
You can read a different viewpoint over at Friarfan.com or whatever that scout site is called. We aren't here to please you.

Reaction Score
If your fan base could behave anywhere near rationally when it comes to UCONN I'm sure there would be less gleeful posts on our part.

Reaction Score

Yes, after I wrote that Ledo would never play for PC, Sean wrote that. I knew that UConn looked at Ledo and then seemed to cool on him. It was an eligibility issue, ultimately preventing him from playing at PC this year, probably with our APR issues we would never be able to get him in anyway. Some fans are throwing him under the bus over there, and Goodman has called out Cooley saying recruiting players like Ledo is no way to build a program. Fans are understandably upset, others saying Cooley will still build PC to a NC contender. However, realistically, "their top 10 recruiting class" was built on Ledo-a RI native that many other top schools wouldn't take a chance on. Good luck recruiting the Ray Allens from So Carolina, Rudys from MD, Butlers from Wisconsin, or El Amins from Minn!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
4 Billion has been spent at our "cow college" with another 2 billion about to be appropriated, this year, by CT's legislature. This includes a whole new business district of shops, restauraunts, boutiques and apartments.
I doubt that kind of $$$ is being spent at PC!!! But, what the hell, FriarJ wished on his board, a while back, that he hoped that UConn & Rutgers get stuck in a clusterf>ck of a conference. Well, Rutgers got into the B1G. Only a fool would say our time won't come (ACC or B1G)
Nice guy FriarJ!!!

Reaction Score
With respect to the basketball program, I would hope you'll at least admit that this is in response to problems UConn has had in the past. Or are you going to say that UConn wouldn't have taken Ricky Ledo back when Antonio Kellogg and Doug Wrenn were tooling around campus?

Do UConn fans go around making comments about PC academics? I haven't seen it. This is what happens with PC fans making comments about APR all the time. Obviously I never agree with you on the whole APR question, so there's no point in discussing this.

C

Chief00

He took money and now has probably taken money from an Agent. He would have been high risk for a school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom