OT: Only 1459 days until the next World Cup | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Only 1459 days until the next World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When is the FIFA Report on Qatar 2022 Cup bid coming out? That could be a big event for US soccer even though it is happening off of the pitch.

Reaction Score
I am an OL fan, so seeing Yeldin go to Lyon would be fantastic.
That said, I do not see it happening for 2 reasons. First MLS seems to want to use Yeldin as a poster boy. Can’t blame them. A transfer to Lyon, which is a solid team, would not be high profile enough, especially as Lyon is hard to get on US TV, though a Yeldin transfer to them may help. Second, the transfer market insane right now. Lyon has been very successful in Ligue 1 club and dominated it until the crazy money started to hit France. They will be outbid. After all, Ligue 1 is not one of the top tier European leagues; but, Qatar backed Paris SG, which historically has been one of the most overrated clubs around, outbid Spanish, Italian, and English clubs for Zlatan Ibrahimović and Thiago Silva in 2012 and look to be locked into a bidding war with Man U for Inter Milan’s Angel Di Maria (Argentina). That is some serious cash that Lyon does not have.

http://www.cbssports.com/world-cup/eye-on-world-cup/24619193/report-suarez-will-lose-millions-from-barcelona-if-he-bites-anyone

I want him to play for a team in the EPL so that we can still watch him! MLS will sell him if they can make a hefty profit. I want him playing the best league possible to continue his development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek
Top Bottom