OT: Olympics | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"We're pretty sure Anna Sidorova, the 22 year old skip of the Russian Women's team ..."

image4.jpg

... photo-enhanced perhaps, but, yes, even Putin's boys could mess it up.

Oh, hockey, any skiing events (downhill, cross-country, biathlon), bobsledding, luge, and some speed skating (traditional track, not the new fangled short-course type).
And that is the OFFICIAL uniform...

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I like downhill skiing, hockey and short track speed skating the best.

If I was young and had the choice to pursue a sport for the Winter Games of course hockey would be first but I would really gravitate toward a snowboard. Looks like a blast.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Remeber when the speed skating event was...outdoors. Freakin' wimps today.

Eric_Heiden_1977c.jpg

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Putin will have the refs from the US/Russia hockey game poisoned by next week.
Not gonna lie, I kind of wish I could read Russian,I'm sure they have messageboards and they're are pretty entertaining about now. If they wind up with bronze or fail to medal it would be a schadenfreude fest. Or whatever the Russian version of schadenfreude is called.

Reaction Score
Not gonna lie, I kind of wish I could read Russian,I'm sure they have messageboards and they're are pretty entertaining about now. If they wind up with bronze or fail to medal it would be a schadenfreude fest. Or whatever the Russian version of schadenfreude is called.

In the east, they bring conspiracy theory to a whole new level. The probably think Obama, the CIA, and the Navy SEALs rigged the whole game and that or Star Wars Sattelites have sucked the gold medals into outer space.

Reaction Score
Stupid UnderArmor speed skating suits are messing up the entire USA speed skating team. I am sure the Soviets are behind all of this somehow.

Reaction Score
Stupid UnderArmor speed skating suits are messing up the entire USA speed skating team. I am sure the Soviets are behind all of this somehow.
Well, the men switched back to the old world championship suits last night & STILL sucked, They looked like they were skating in cement.

Reaction Score
Last night Mrs. coachcap & I were at a local eatery for dinner. The bar area acts as a sports bar. One of the HDTV's had the USA vs. Sweden women's curling match. They lost by 1 point on a brilliant shot by Sweden on the last stone. It didn't have to end that way. In either the 6th or 7th end (game) the USA had last shot on a completely open bullseye & overshot the stone through it. Talk about choking bigtime!

Reaction Score
Lindsay Jacobellis falls again. No medal this time. The most decorated woman in snowboard cross, hyped by the media. It's that kind of Olympics. Sort of like the Norwegians in cross country skiing.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Nothing much on google on the Norway women's team pursuit speed skating, but maybe there should be.

v9UWPTi.jpg

junglehusky

Reaction Score
OK a little more google sleuthing.... Ida Njåtun

978x.jpg

Hege Bokko:
Hege-Bokko-na-de-1500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online