The Russian Women's Curling team has sparked my interest. Google images for:
Anna Sidorova
Ekaterina Galkina
Margarita Fomina
Alexandra Saitova

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Big biathlon fan here. I actually competed in the Summer Biathlon in the Nutmeg Games many years ago so it has sentimental value.

We get a decent amount of live coverage here in Sydney. Too much figure skating though and the speed skating (both short track and long which I also like) are on a bit late.

Reaction Score
The Russian Women's Curling team has sparked my interest. Google images for: Anna Sidorova
"We're pretty sure Anna Sidorova, the 22 year old skip of the Russian Women's team ..."

image4.jpg

... photo-enhanced perhaps, but, yes, even Putin's boys could mess it up.

Oh, hockey, any skiing events (downhill, cross-country, biathlon), bobsledding, luge, and some speed skating (traditional track, not the new fangled short-course type).

Reaction Score
"We're pretty sure Anna Sidorova, the 22 year old skip of the Russian Women's team ..."

image4.jpg

Oh, hockey, any skiing events (downhill, cross-country, biathlon), bobsledding, luge, and some speed skating (traditional track, not the new fangled short-course type).

She might be the hottest woman I've seen. Like ever.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Was going to check out women's skiing last night, until the radio announced that Mancuso got the Bronze at 3pm. Oh well, we can always hope for some more party pics:
Julia-Mancuso-naked.jpg

Reaction Score
Last night the wife had control of the clicker. She likes the skiing, skating, curling, hockey, luge, & bobsled events. She saw speed skating was on, so she changed channels to USA Network to watch the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. We watch that every year. I was wondering who would replace Mary Carillo on color commentary as she's on assignment at the Olympics. The new lady, while attractive, must have been nervous, as she stammered several lines throughout the evening. It's interesting to see the various breeds of the canine world. The first new breed that they highlighted last night looks like your garden variety mangy junkyard mutt.

Reaction Score

image4.jpg

Yup, that is the one. It was her and three not too far off that look against the House Mothers of Upper Minnesota Curling team for the US.

Reaction Score
Yup, that is the one. It was her and three not too far off that look against the House Mothers of Upper Minnesota Curling team for the US.

Dear Penthouse,
Recently I found myself in the most pleasantly surprising predicament while I was curling..........

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No one wants to watch the action-packed, super stimulating and thrilling curling? Am I the only one who actually cares about this "sport"?
I've got to say, I'll probably watch some curling. It's not that bad in small doses.

on edit - whoa I just saw that Russian woman curler...oh I'm watching now. That's her uniform right?

Reaction Score
I've got to say, I'll probably watch some curling. It's not that bad in small doses.

on edit - whoa I just saw that Russian woman curler...oh I'm watching now. That's her uniform right?

Unfortunately, with the time zone difference and me working two jobs I've missed pretty much all the curling so far. Not a happy camper about it. Guess I'll have to check out this Russian curler (if that's what you call them).

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Please explain to me the point of the two man luge.

Reaction Score
No one wants to watch the action-packed, super stimulating and thrilling curling? Am I the only one who actually cares about this "sport"?

Curling is the only sport I will watch in the Olympics, I love it.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I can't get enough of Shuffleboard on Ice. I watched replays in 2010 in the middle of the night.

This year, I watched a prelim match (ENG vs. RUS) on my phone at 4:00am and the commentator actually conveyed the rules to his audience like we were 4 years old. Now that I understand the intricacies, which I failed to pick up in 2010, the strategy is memorizing to follow. It's moving up past the sledding events into third place in the list of favorite Winter Olympic events ( First is obviously Hockey, second is Downhill Skiing).

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Been watching olympic curling since Nagano in '98. Even tried it a couple times. It's harder than it looks, the stone are very heavy while the house is very far away and presents a very small target

That said, it looks like someone's book club has stood in for the US women's team. The gave up 7 in a single end to GBR. That's nearly impossible they only throw 8 stones.

Reaction Score
She might be the hottest woman I've seen. Like ever.

I suggest you visit St Petersburg, Russia. Most of the women there make this one seem merely pedestrian. Took a Baltic cruise that stopped in Oslo, Helsinki and Stockholm where. as you'd expect, the women were mostly blond and very attractive. Surprisingly (perhaps from seeing those old commercials of heavy Russian woman in babushkas) the girls of St Petersburg were jaw droppingly beautiful.

Reaction Score
My older brother is ex-military, he was based in W Germany doing border patrol at the Czech border. After the wall came down, he travelled Eastern Europe when he could and to this day he is convinced the real reason for the wall separating East/West and the control of media in the East was so the Communists could keep the worlds greatest secret a secret. That secret being that Eastern European (Former USSR, Czechoslovakia,etc... ) women are the most beautiful and sexiest women in the world.

Reaction Score
My older brother is ex-military, he was based in W Germany doing border patrol at the Czech border. After the wall came down, he travelled Eastern Europe when he could and to this day he is convinced the real reason for the wall separating East/West and the control of media in the East was so the Communists could keep the worlds greatest secret a secret. That secret being that Eastern European (Former USSR, Czechoslovakia,etc... ) women are the most beautiful and s e xiest women in the world.

This is all true. Eastern Europeans are also great because they aren't a bunch of anti American punk . Czech beer is also tasty.

Reaction Score

I actually love curling. It's the thing I look forward to most (followed closely by Hockey) in the Olympics. I've actually made plans next weekend to try curling out with a friend. I'm pretty excited about it. You can say it's filling my energy bucket until the sring game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom