OT: Ohh NOOO, not another music thread (Holiday) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Ohh NOOO, not another music thread (Holiday)

Reaction Score
Baby It’s Cold Outside-Dean Martin
Little Drummer Boy-Bing & Bowie
Christmas Wrapping- The Waitresses

Reaction Score
Funny - This morning I went on u-tube to listen to my favorite xmas song O Holy Night. So many to chose from - Best of the Best is JUSS BJORLING " O HELGA NATT. Also SISSEL KYRKJEBO has a wonderful singing style that I like.

Reaction Score
So the nun leading the Christmas church chorus got angry with me for no reason, really, and made me get up in front of the 5th (I was in 5th), 6th, 7th, and 8th graders, the entire choir, and sing this from start to finish. To her surprise, I kicked butt:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I like an eclectic - but traditional, mostly - mix. I like Neil Diamond's now numerous offerings, but often listen to Burl Ives, Bing, Tennessee Ernie Ford, etc.

I also like organ music. The Allen Organ Company in Macungie, PA used to do a Christmas "talent show" that we went to the 3 years before we moved. Great show, the talented staff includes organists that go around to do initial concerts at new installations, organ demonstrators, etc.. Not pipe organs, of course, but they sure sound like them.

I also have a couple of CD's of Hawaiian music, mostly slack key guitars but one sung album. Another guilty pleasure.

Reaction Score
Oh my, of course it has to be Miss Darlene Love and "Christmas, Baby Please Come Home"..... what a classic.... can someone post for me please..... also i like the Eagles "Please Come Home For Christmas"

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
But since we don't have another game until next Tuesday (12/19) over a week away....what else can we do? We have no choice. It's inevitable.

We'll make it seasonal. Favorite Christmas (or if you can find any, Hanukkah, Festivus, Yule, Kwanzaa, New Years Day/Eve) songs/versions.

Silent Night - Stevie Nicks

Stevie Nicks has been singing this song at Christmas for many years and it never disappoints. She did a version in the late eighties with Robbie Neville on a televised broadcast that I feel is the best she's done. Hope you can find it and that you enjoy it too.

Reaction Score
When i want to get my party on for Xmas.

Others songs I like that's not listed.

1. Give Love on Christmas Day - Johnny Gill
2. Christmas Around The World - New Edition
3. Every Year, Every Christmas - Luther Vandross
4. Happy Holidays - The Whispers
5. Christmas Ain't Christmas - O'Jays
6. Christmas Time Is Here - Raydio
7. Merry Christmas Baby - Chuck Brown (DC Go Go)
8. My Gift To You - Alexander O'Neal
9. Silent Night - En Vogue

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Been listening to the "Rock the Halls" Christmas station on Slacker dot com

This is in heavy rotation, though it does not strike me as a traditional Christmas ditty:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Oh my, of course it has to be Miss Darlene Love and "Christmas, Baby Please Come Home"..... what a classic.... can someone post for me please..... also i like the Eagles "Please Come Home For Christmas"
You asked for it, you've got it.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
That being said, my favorites are:

"Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home)" either the original by Darlene Love or on the first A Very Special Christmas by U2.

"Oh Holy Night"

"When the River meets the Sea" - either John Denver and Robin or Emmitt Otter & Momma Otter

"Keep Christmas with You" - Bob and Linda from Sesame Street (Mostly because my brother, sister, and I get to tease my mother about it. On the other hand, the message is nice for the season).

Least favorites:
"(Feed the World) Do they know it's Christmas Time" - Way over played and the lyrics are not only misleading, they are depressing ("Well, tonight thank god it's them instead of you." and There won't be snow in Africa this Christmas time." Of course not. Africa is in the Southern Hemisphere. Its summer).

"All I want for Christmas is You" - More over played than Feed the World.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom