OT: Oh Hartford | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Oh Hartford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've heard rumors that once the Islanders move to Brooklyn, they're sending the Bridgeport team to play in their old arena in Long Island. Then the Rangers are going to take the Wolfpack to Bridgeport (Bridgeport actually has slightly better attendance than Hartford, and proximity probably helps too).

I don't know if it's true, but it makes sense to me. If that's the case, hopefully Uconn hockey continues to grow and make up some of the difference...

That rumor has been making the rounds for a while; but, it's still several year away from happening, if it ever does, because the planned redevelopment of the arena has to be approved and completed first. PLus, it assumes that the Islanders will be successful in Brooklyn and don't move back.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/goodby...ould-return-to-nassau-coliseum-010832641.html

Reaction Score
That rumor has been making the rounds for a while; but, it's still several year away from happening, if it ever does, because the planned redevelopment of the arena has to be approved and completed first. PLus, it assumes that the Islanders will be successful in Brooklyn and don't move back.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/goodby...ould-return-to-nassau-coliseum-010832641.html

My understanding is the renovations are slated to begin this summer and conclude by December of 2016. The arena will be reduced to around 12-13k so the Islanders likely won't ever be moving back.

The Sound Tigers will probably be playing in Uniondale starting the 2017-18 season.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Minor league hockey leaving Hartford? No big deal. Downtown is a disaster. Bringing a NHL team takes a brand new arena and the oy feasible place is by the Rent. 22500 seat arena minimum with all the goodies. Forget lipsticking the piggy downtown.

Reaction Score
Minor league hockey leaving Hartford? No big deal. Downtown is a disaster. Bringing a NHL team takes a brand new arena and the oy feasible place is by the Rent. 22500 seat arena minimum with all the goodies. Forget lipsticking the piggy downtown.

No NHL team's arena holds 22.5k. Only 2 (Montreal & Chicago) eclipse 20k. The new XLC will seat a little over 17k.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score

That would be really cool. Except for the part where the stadium is only at 35% capacity. It's fun to dream, though.

Reaction Score
My understanding is the renovations are slated to begin this summer and conclude by December of 2016. The arena will be reduced to around 12-13k so the Islanders likely won't ever be moving back.

The Sound Tigers will probably be playing in Uniondale starting the 2017-18 season.

Technically, Barclay's capacity for hockey is only 14,500 or so; but, they are going to bump that up somehow to 15,800 or so; but, reports have it that the seats I the west side are not conducive for watching hockey.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/09/there-are-some-bad-seats-for-hockey-at-barclays.html

Even with that bump, Barclay's I believe will be the 2nd smallest NHL arena after Winnipeg's (and just ahead of the XL center ironically).

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Wolfpack are playing home playoff games in Worcester due to the circus.

Well played XL Center.
Since you were concerned enough to start a thread about it, you will be happy to hear that the Wolfpack scored a shorthanded goal in overtime last night to make Friday's game a potential series clincher. You're going, right?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Since you were concerned enough to start a thread about it, you will be happy to hear that the Wolfpack scored a shorthanded goal in overtime last night to make Friday's game a potential series clincher. You're going, right?

If I can convince my 5 year old to go I will. Sometimes she wants to go othertimes she wants no part of it.

Laughing about them being stuck moving the games doesn't really put me on the hook for attending though.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Laughing about them being stuck moving the games doesn't really put me on the hook for attending though.

Just for the record, of course it doesn't. Will be fun, though. The Pack has the look of a team on a mission.

Usually, I have no use for little kids at my live sporting events. But the Pack is different. They do a good hitting all the demographics, game day experience wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom