OT: Notre Dame Must Vacate Football Wins | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Notre Dame Must Vacate Football Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
FYI - at our company (Silicon Valley) quarterly result meeting. they brought up the UCONN Women's basketball team as an example of excellence and what everyone should aspire to. So I guess not everyone outside of CT hates them,,,
Sure people appreciate what they have accomplished and wish they were in their shoes. But lets be honest here. There are 2 kinds of people when it comes to a team as dominate as the Huskies. The Band Wagoners who ride the train until it falls off the track and then move on to the next great thing. And the haters who dislike them because they are so good. Of course you get a few neutral or loyal fans who have a connection like most on here. But the majority is love or hate. I respect them and think they are the greatest program ever including UCLA. I think Geno is a hell of a coach . I think their fan base has the most knowledge of the game of any other team. That's why im here. To talk about the game. But i also think their spoiled and arrogant lol. But at the same time im a N.D. fan. What do you expect.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
You just said you go on Vol Nation because they bad mouth your coach but yet bad mouth me for defending my team?.Big Daddy Contradicter I doubt all you do is giggle.I could go on there now and probably find you running your mouth bragging about UCONN and making fun of Tennessee because they use to be you and now your them. I know the type. Your fan base is full of them. .I could care less about the football team. I just thought it was funny that their making fun of N.D. on here when their football team is so bad the school cant get in a power conference because of it. If your going to say no one on this board dislikes N.D. and isnt taking shots at the football team and university because they dislike the womens team id take that bet all day long. Some of the N.D. fans were doing the same when UCONN got in trouble in mens basketball. The point is yes the rivalry is lopsided (I agree) but N.D. has beat UCONN more then anyone by far in the last decade and deny it all you want but that bothers some people. They hate losing. Their not use to it. So anything associated with that university on this board will be like blood to sharks. Tennessee as well.
slow down,try reading again... I said "where they trash Geno", I don't defend in someone else's home, I leave! I let them have their kumbaya. You must scour the world wide web looking for things that may put ND in bad light. Relax buddy

you THOUGHT wrong... which is your biggest problem

the problem is you think everyone is like you.

seems like I'm wrasslin' with a pig

Reaction Score
So a U Conn fan can put down Notre Dame football. But a Notre Dame fan cant defend his team and put down U Conn football? 1 and 0 vs Notre Dame congratulations. And i will respond with the same thing Husky fans say when N.D. gets a win against them here and there in basketball. How Many Championships Have They Won ?

Oh my. Yes, UConn football is going through a tough time now..... and for your school, ND is a wonderful school.... and it will always be relevant in football due to historical interest..... and i think many want to jump on bandwagon of good schools that can play good football (Stanford, etc).....

On your hoops.....I am old enuf to remember the Dwight Clay baseline jumper to snap UCLA straak.... and that was exciting!! and for the women, I always thought Muffet was a very good coach.... I am, though, surprised by lack of success in mens NCAA over the years.... with Adrian Dantley, LaPhonso Ellis, Kelly Tripucka, etc....

And to answer your post directly, true we have zero NCs, but you have not won it in almost 30 years.... that is a long time .... as said you will always be of interest to many people, but do you really want to hang your hat on your accomplishments 60 and 70 years ago?

Oh and for the women.....i agree with you..... I think they have done a hell of a lot..... solid UConn fan, and so so so proud of all they have done.... but I appreciate your accomplishments as well

Reaction Score
Exactly. So why is it being brought up?
You were the first person to talk about WBB on this thread! I probably would not have posted if you didnt bring it up. I asked a one line question. Of course like always you blew it up into a big controversary. You need to slow down and read some of the post you comment on because you just jump to your own conclusions.You said you are not a fan of NDFB. So why you even on this thread? IMO looking for trouble!

Reaction Score
slow down,try reading again... I said "where they trash Geno", I don't defend in someone else's home, I leave! I let them have their kumbaya. You must scour the world wide web looking for things that may put ND in bad light. Relax buddy

you THOUGHT wrong... which is your biggest problem

the problem is you think everyone is like you.

seems like I'm wrasslin' with a pig
I had your back but I see you didnt need it!

Reaction Score
Oh my. Yes, UConn football is going through a tough time now..... and for your school, ND is a wonderful school.... and it will always be relevant in football due to historical interest..... and i think many want to jump on bandwagon of good schools that can play good football (Stanford, etc).....

On your hoops.....I am old enuf to remember the Dwight Clay baseline jumper to snap UCLA straak.... and that was exciting!! and for the women, I always thought Muffet was a very good coach.... I am, though, surprised by lack of success in mens NCAA over the years.... with Adrian Dantley, LaPhonso Ellis, Kelly Tripucka, etc....

And to answer your post directly, true we have zero NCs, but you have not won it in almost 30 years.... that is a long time .... as said you will always be of interest to many people, but do you really want to hang your hat on your accomplishments 60 and 70 years ago?

Oh and for the women.....i agree with you..... I think they have done a hell of a lot..... solid UConn fan, and so so so proud of all they have done.... but I appreciate your accomplishments as well
Wish there were more people like you. As i said N.D. football gets to much credit and im not a fan.Your right it's been a long time. I was actually at the UCLA game but to young to remember. I think i was 3. My dad went to Central High School and John Wooden was his basketball and baseball coach so my mom tells me. She also said we lived a block away from Michael Warrens family who played for UCLA. I remember him from Hill Street Blues. As for the mens basketball team i have mixed emotions. It is a football school first. I remember them making the Final Four when i was pretty young. They lost to Duke who lost to Kentucky ( Macy, Robey Goose Givins) in the championship. In the last 2 years their the only team to make it to the Elite 8 or farther both years.Pretty solid. We just cant compete for the top players but Brey is amazing at working with the hand he is dealt.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
now he's replying to himself... let me step away from him
56023851.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics